FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

Ceres Dec 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Normal Il. / Marriott / closed on weekends and holidays and 12/21 thru 12/28 2014 got buffet breakfast coupon.

Plat arrival gift, 500pts or $10 F&B

kklems Dec 24, 2014 6:46 am

Lincoln, NE Cornhusker Marriott. Closed w/e. Given standard coupon for breakfast buffet for 2. Offered plat arrival gift of 500 or $10 f/b. No coupon for free appetizer(prior person said they got this, didn't ask for one), was upgraded pre-arrival to CL. Need key to enter but room closed and key did not work to enter and look around.

jlb3 Dec 28, 2014 5:46 pm

1) Boston / MA/ USA/ Boston/ Renaissance Waterfront
2) Lounge closed on weekends and during the holiday time I was there - Lounge closed, continental only in restaurant. They have a breakfast buffet that includes cold + hot items – the free breakfast is for cold items ONLY. Hefty $9 upcharge if you want hot items included. Not worth it imo – plenty of cold options.
3) No totally closed
4) No idea but there seemed to be a terminal in the lobby

Stayed 12/26-28

jlb3 Dec 28, 2014 5:49 pm

1) NY City / Carlton, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE
2) No CL – during the week there’s a continental breakfast buffet offered in a separate room off the main restaurant (scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cards, fruit, cold meats and cheese). FDA said on weekends there’s an “a la carte” option from the restaurant – I assumed you can order mostly anything from the menu but didn’t get details. Sorry :/ Note: During the week you can also choose the a la carte option instead of the buffet.
3) Stayed 12/23-12/24

Ulle Dec 30, 2014 4:49 am

Hi,

here´s an update from a recent UK trip, all valid the week before Christmas:

Ghent / Marriott / No Lounge;
Voucher for continental breakfast for 2 (Plate with rolls, cheese, cold meat and jam). Additional charge of 5 €/Person for the cold buffet and 10 €/Person for the full American breakfast buffet
OR 750 bonus points;
Free internet in room & lobby (for all guests);
Voucher for Drink (Beer (Stella or Leffe), house wine or soda & tapas for elite + 2 guests.
Free late check out until 4 pm.

Northampton / Marriott / No Lounge; Voucher for continental breakfast in restaurant or 750 bonus points; staff allowed full breakfast

Birmingham / Marriott / No Lounge / Voucher for continental breakfast in restaurant or 750 bonus points; staff allowed full breakfast
1 drink voucher/night for Gold
Computer terminal in lobby, free printing of boarding passes available

Birmingham / Forest of Arden, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club / No Lounge; Full breakfast in restaurant; this stay we were given 2 drink vouchers for a one night stay and choice of "welcome gift" (Bottle of white or red house wine, sparkling or still water or late check-out at 2pm)

Maidstone / Kent / Tudor Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club / No Lounge; full breakfast in restaurant

Dusseldorf / Renaissance / No Lounge; Voucher for continental breakfast in restaurant or 750 bonus points; staff allowed full breakfast
No mention of free minibar (beer & snacks) or 50% off voucher for the restaurant at check-in. I asked at check-out and the mini-bar should still be free.

LH SEN Jan 3, 2015 6:19 am

Currently in the Renaissance Riding school hotel in Vienna. It has a lounge. But they don't control entry. People just walk in when the main door is open. Thus the benefit of the membership has no value. It has gone from an excellent hotel to the worst within a year.

jlb3 Jan 5, 2015 2:44 pm

"Orlando / Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE / Cont'l brekkie (no hot items) in restaurant; free wifi requires code; PAG $10FB or 500 pts; 12/10/14 update"

Just an update from 1/1-1/4: If you don't want the continental breakfast (carb + smoothie with juice and coffee) you can apply $10 credit towards anything else on the menu.

golfingboy Jan 8, 2015 6:52 am

Stayed at three Marriotts last week... All lounges were closed and I could not access any of them with my keycard, but got a breakfast coupon for each day. For all coupons, it said continental buffet on it, but that is not always the case.

Buffalo Marriott Amherst

Full breakfast buffet for two at Bluefire Grill

Marriott Niagara Fallsview

Full breakfast buffet for two at Terrapin Grill [they have a partitioned off room in the restaurant with an identical but separate buffet set up.

Renaissance Hotel Toronto Downtown - the one attached to Rogers Centre

Continental breakfast for two at Arribita restaurant, if you want the full buffet it is $5 extra per person [full buffet only means you can use the made to order omelet and waffle station].

LoganFlyer Jan 13, 2015 6:01 pm

I can confirm that this:

* New Orleans / JW Marriott / CLOSED / 1,000 points only per night when closed (no cont'l brekkie option); free wifi in lounge; 12/15/14 update
Is still accurate as of 1/2/15.

nacho Jan 14, 2015 3:34 am

LAS REN

Stayed Dec 21-23
Lounge closes during weekends and no key accessible outside lounge hours - stayed when the lounge is open, so no idea what the arrangement is. The lounge closes at 10pm.
Brekkie can only be in the lounge
1 PC+ printer (maybe fax)
Doesn't enforce E+1

FlyinHawaiian Jan 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Tokyo Marriott Update for Gold/Plats

* Tokyo / Marriott / OPEN; Breakfast in restaurant

The above is true as of January 2015.

The hours are 0600-2200, seven days a week, with coffee, tea, soft drinks, and light snacks available. Guests are encouraged to take items out of lounge for use in room or elsewhere.

Breakfast is offered in "Restaurant G" in the lobby between 0630 and 1000. Coupons are given for each day.

Afternoon Tea is 1430-1700

Evening Snack is 1730-1930

Full Bar is 1730-2130

Night Cap (cookies, nuts, beverage) is offered in lobby lounge/restaurant 2200-2330. A coupon is given for the duration of the stay.

cbellero Jan 16, 2015 1:31 pm

UK Updates

Birmingham / Forest of Arden, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club - the drink vouchers are 1 per night of your stay and are all given to you when you check in. The welcome gift choice is an alternative to the 500 point plat amenity (not in addition to).

London (Slough) / Heathrow/Windsor Marriott

I am staying at this hotel at the moment. This is KEY ACCESSIBLE (no evening service on Friday and Saturday)

London (Hounslow) / Renaissance LHR

This one is also KEY ACCESSIBLE, but I will double check when I stay there tomorrow. Plus the platinum welcome gift choice (wine and cheese, snacks, etc.) is in addition to the 500 points plat amenity.

London (Hayes) / Marriott LHR - you can also opt to have breakfast in the main restaurant as a plat. Not sure about gold.

Swansea - I can confirm that they still have no lounge. Breakfast is offered to platinum guests (not sure about gold).

Chepstow / Marriott St. Pierre, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers 750 points because they do not have a lounge.

Other Updates

Rome Park Marriott is KEY ACCESSIBLE (no evening service Friday or Saturday). The lounge is actually not small at all. In my opinion it is just not very inviting.

Stockholm / Courtyard the drink coupon privilege is actually one coupon per person on the reservation. There is also an unpublished Plat benefit that you can order the chargeable items from the breakfast table menu without being charged. But you should check with the server first, as not all of them are aware of this.

WhereAreWe Jan 17, 2015 8:17 am

Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph

Any word on how the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel? According to Marriott's page it is not considered a resort, is that confirmed? So free breakfast?

whiskeyplease Jan 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Anybody have info on the Hotel Park City (Autograph Collection)? Thanks.

Muerz Jan 18, 2015 3:14 am

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

I noticed a new Autograph Collection property in Cleveland - Metropolitan at the 9 - which is not in the main list. Any experiences with it?