Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Ritz-Carlton Gold and Plat members do NOT get lounge access (you get 3 upgrades with the RC Visa though). You can't even be upgraded into a Club level room

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Reward...efits/Gold.htm

Complimentary Room Upgrade
It is our priority that you enjoy the utmost in comfort. So when a more desirable room is available upon your arrival, you may anticipate a complimentary upgrade. Suites and Club Level room are exempt from this benefit.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:45 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by crimsona
Ritz-Carlton Gold and Plat members do NOT get lounge access (you get 3 upgrades with the RC Visa though). You can't even be upgraded into a Club level room

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Reward...efits/Gold.htm

Complimentary Room Upgrade
It is our priority that you enjoy the utmost in comfort. So when a more desirable room is available upon your arrival, you may anticipate a complimentary upgrade. Suites and Club Level room are exempt from this benefit.
Ah, thanks. Another example of Marriott giving benefits but not really (their lack of real guaranteed breakfast for elites for many years falls into the same category). Another another reason why I continue to prefer SPG and Hilton to Marriott.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming, which is weekend exec lounge status at JW Marriott, Renaissance, Marriott, Autograph Collection. If anyone has updates, please report.

Cheers.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I will happily report that the CL at Marriott Melbourne is still open all days and is fabulous! (All complimentary, hot very good food, fantastic staff)
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Confirming Manhattan Beach to still be the same as you have in your listings. Confirmed 2014/11/09.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Bit of an update for Edinburgh Marriott, UK

1) UK, Edinburgh

2) Lounge open every day. Breakfast in morning then from 1800-2000 food (usually 2 hot dishes and a cold dish plus cheese & biscuits and a dessert) and free wine/lager. Soft drinks/water/hot drinks available 6am-midnight.

4) No computer now, redirected to use the one in the business centre. Free Wi-Fi instead in all public areas.

5) 11/14
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold

The Taba Marriott in Egypt has apparently left the chain.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Autograph Collection - El Monte Sagrado, Taos, New Mexico, USA

1) Taos, New Mexico, USA - El Monte Sagrado

2) No Lounge, but free continental breakfast for Plats (not buffet); if you choose not to take the continental breakfast, 750 MR pts upon notice to Front Desk

3) No Lounge

4) Free i-net, wireless and one terminal in The Library

5) Current as of 11/14

Platinum arrival gift: $10 FB credit only
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Miami Beach / Winter Haven, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE; Coupons for cont'l breakfast for Gold/Plats daily; 08/09/13 update

This is still correct, just want to clarify: the cont'l breakfast is for TWO people - that is, ONE breakfast for TWO people, not one cont'l breakfast per person. It's 2 slices of toast and 3 mini croissants (plain, chocolate, and raisin when I was there).

OR you can apply $7.55 per person to something else on the menu. I just added some eggs or meat to my con't brekkie each day. It was just a few dollars.

I have to say only applying $7.55 per person is really low, esp since I was alone. The waitress said the hotel has been having "issues" with this - lots of people are complaining.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, United
Update re Breakfast

Pompano Beach, FL
Pompano Beach Ft Lauderdale Marriott
No longer offers free breakfast to Platinums - learned recently when talking about future stay, this perk dropped sometime in early 2014. No lounge - this is a resort property
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:41 am

Renaissance LAX

Lounge closed on Friday evenings (and presumably also on Sat / Sun) - breakfast at the restaurant provided for Gold members. No drinks in the evening in lieu of a closed lounge, though.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
Denver / Renaissance / CLOSED; COUPONS for Golds/Plats (pick them up at front desk); 10/31/14 update

As a Plat I got coupon (saying continental) but told to use it for buffet. during the week when CL was open. Thus I had a choice. Morning CL is pretty standard, evening I think it is nice selection and could make a meal out of.
Amplifying this report: The card explicitly states it's for Gold and Plat with gratuity included, although I tipped a couple bucks on top of it. And I was told I had full run of the buffet as well.

If you don't receive this card, ask for it. The desk clerk didn't realize I was gold at first.

Originally Posted by Tanic
Is it possible that you had a rate that already included breakfast?
In my case, no. I was staying on the $52.80 UKH rate.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
* Seoul / Renaissance / OPEN; Lounge on 21st floor; Breakfast lounge on 23rd floor; 11/10/14 updated date
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:27 am

Nashville, TN Gaylord Opryland, as suspected, has no lounge, just upgraded internet for me as gold.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
* Seattle / Airport Marriott / CLOSED; Cont'l brekkie in lounge on weekends; $10 or 500 pts Platinum welcome gift, coupon for full buffet (it says cont'l for gold/plat but envelope it was in the room said it is for full and it was), and fruit platter for Platinum Premier on top of it; 11/21/14 update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.