FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

jlb3 Sep 17, 2014 10:04 am

Just want to say I stayed here this past weekend (9/12-14) and can confirm the below is still correct. Also I was told I can take any drinks out of the fridge at the gift shop for free -- just had to let FDC know.

Chesapeake / Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake / CLOSED; Full breakfast in restaurant; key accessible; 1-office station w/ computer & printer; 08/24/13 update

Brucemcdou Sep 21, 2014 5:58 pm

San Ramon, CA Marriott

San Ramon CA Marriott - (The one in Bishop Ranch) -

Just stayed over a Saturday night. Confirm that the Club Lounge is closed from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening (open Friday breakfast and Sunday evening). No lounge access on weekend. Free high-speed internet for G + P. Buffet breakfast for elites in the restaurant, including hot items (no restrictions).

They also comped our self-parking, which I was not expecting. Is that an elite perk now? Would otherwise have been $12 a day.

Melville Sep 24, 2014 7:44 am

London (Hounslow) / Renaissance LHR

Club lounge has been open a couple of days.

The new decor is white walls with some black accents along with dark green marble table tops and white leather chairs. There is a large comfy light green leather sofa and two arm chairs. There are about ten tables with either two or three chairs. Food fare in the evening was one hot and one cold selection served by a hostess. Only white and red wine available.

At check in, offered choice of full breakfast in the restaurant or club lounge continental. (Don't know if this choice was for Plats or general option.)

Supertramp Sep 28, 2014 3:57 am

Germany Heidelburg marriott
Open 6am-noon weekday breakfast 6-10/ weekends+ holidays 7-noon. Nice full breakfast buffet, lots of options. Cocktail hour is really from 5:30-9:30. Switch from dinner apps to desserts at 8 and not really crowded at all at any point and free drinks and views from the 3rd floor terrace are hard to leave. Well worth the 30k points,

hhoope01 Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Fisherman's Warf Marriott (San Francisco) - Sept, 2014 Stay
No Lounge, 750 pts or Breakfast Buffet coupons (coupons state continental breakfast, but restaurant still allows full buffet).
Still offer 2 drink chits at check-in.

Michilander Oct 3, 2014 8:38 am

Dearborn, MI - The Henry and the Dearborn Inn

Not really an update to post 1, just some lounge notes on our recent stays.

Spent one night in The Henry and two nights in the Dearborn Inn recently. Really enjoyed both stays.

The lounge at The Henry was very nice. I did not notice any sausage or bacon at breakfast, and my wife had to ask for hot water for tea, but other wise it was very good. It is open all day for access to water and sodas. They actually stock Coke, Vernors (addiction of my youth) and root beer, and they had a bowl of York Peppermint Patties out all day. Food in the evening was mostly finger food, but was pretty good. The real surprise was that we could not find any forms for charging the alcoholic drinks to the room and did not notice anyone else filling anything out. The selection was pretty nice, including Bailey's and Kahlua. Was really impressed when we saw them setting the booze out at breakfast, until I realized they were just restocking the cabinet :)

The lounge at the Dearborn Inn was a bit smaller, but surprisingly uncrowded every time we were there (twice in the evening, twice for breakfast). Maybe just the slow season? Breakfast was all the usual suspects and evening was mostly finger food, but also pretty good. They did have steamed shrimps and cocktail sauce, much to my wife's delight. They also had a bowl of mixed nuts out, much to my delight. They did have cards out for the alcohol. It was also open all day for access to water and sodas, but not nearly the selection of The Henry.

Overall, we enjoyed both lounges.

SkyHarbor Oct 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Gave cert for full buffet weekend breakfast for 2.

$10 credit would be for any food or drink.

Lounge closed Friday noon to Sunday 5 pm.

iztok Oct 12, 2014 4:54 am

Irving / Dallas Marriott Las Colinas / CLOSED; COUPONS for Golds & Plats (continental only but for few $ upgrade to full breakfast), 10/12/15 update

danola Oct 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Looking through your lounge list, I noticed that you have the Atlanta Renaissance Concourse as "closed", I have stayed there a number of times on weekends and have eaten brekkie at the restaurant, which tells me that I was comped the meal. Also in Georgia, noticed that you have no input on the Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, any last minute visitors ????

SkiAdcock Oct 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by danola (Post 23665680)
Looking through your lounge list, I noticed that you have the Atlanta Renaissance Concourse as "closed", I have stayed there a number of times on weekends and have eaten brekkie at the restaurant, which tells me that I was comped the meal. Also in Georgia, noticed that you have no input on the Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, any last minute visitors ????

The last report on ATL Ren Con was from 2012. If it's closed, you should get comp'd breakfast in the restaurant. Can you tell me if it was cont'l or full? I'll update the sticky.

We've had no reports on Evergreen, but since it's a resort expect no bennies other than free i-net (unless the i-net gets snuck in w/ the resort fee).

Cheers.

johnaalex Oct 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Update for Rome Grand Flora

Current entry in the sticky reads

"Rome / Grand Flora / No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday; Free wired i-net in rooms & wireless in the lobby (get code from front desk); 2 computers & printers off the lobby; 04/14 update"

Wifi is free in room - vouchers issued at Check In for 2 devices, vouchers to cover more devices are available. Vouchers also issued at Check In for breakfast, OR, you can opt to 750 points per day of your stay in lieu of the breakfast. My tip is go for the breakfast ;)

ssafro1 Oct 21, 2014 8:09 am

Stayed at the Ft Worth Renn 10/17/14, can confirm lounge is closed on the weekends (but you can access refridge which contains water/soda on the CL). Full buffet breakfast provided in restaurant. The be clear, the "lounge" area is never "inaccessible" as there is no door (its just an area on the 8th floor), its just food is not placed out on the weekends.

* Fort Worth / The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel / CLOSED; COUPONS for Golds & Plats (“if they have them”); 1/6/13 update

hhoope01 Oct 21, 2014 11:51 am

Dallas/Las Colinas Marriott

Was just at the Dallas - Las Colinas Marriott 10/17-19/2014 and my stay experience was just a bit different than iztok's experience.

* Irving / Dallas Marriott Las Colinas / CLOSED (room key was still able to open the CL doors and get access to water/colas); Coupon states Con't brekkie for elite plus 1 and it includes the tip, but told no charge for Full Buffet and was not charged either morning; 10/19/14 update

karch Oct 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Columbus Airport Marriott

Stayed 10/17/14

has the New M-Club
open 24/7
room key access
500 pts or $10 FB at check-in

iztok Oct 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01 (Post 23711839)
Was just at the Dallas - Las Colinas Marriott 10/17-19/2014 and my stay experience was just a bit different than iztok's experience.

* Irving / Dallas Marriott Las Colinas / CLOSED (room key was still able to open the CL doors and get access to water/colas); Coupon states Con't brekkie for elite plus 1 and it includes the tip, but told no charge for Full Buffet and was not charged either morning; 10/19/14 update

^

Good thing! I had a trainee checking me in so she might have been more by the book and I had to leave before I could do breakfast so I picked up the points