FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

FelixB Sep 1, 2014 12:38 pm

Renaissance Hamburg now offers continental breakfast only instead of the full American breakfast for Golds/Plats or points when breakfast is not taken.

twa777 Sep 2, 2014 11:41 am

Update on the Renaissance New York Hotel 57 from this past weekend:

1) NY City / Renaissance New York Hotel 57

2) Lounge closed, points only

5) 08/28/2014

When I asked about the change, they said the restaurant had separate ownership from the hotel and thus they weren't able to offer breakfast in the restaurant on the weekends.

rankourabu Sep 3, 2014 11:03 am

Reneissance Yu Garden Shanghai:
Lounge open 7 days a week 7am-midnight. Booze cleaned up after 9:30pm, but is self serve at other times :)
Breakfast pretty unspectacular until 10am

WillTravel4Food Sep 3, 2014 11:07 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 23468071)
Reneissance Yu Garden Shanghai:
Breakfast pretty unspectacular until 10am

Does that mean breakfast becomes spectacular at 10:00AM, or do they remove breakfast service and thereafter it is unavailable?:D

DutchGuy Sep 4, 2014 3:37 pm

BUD lounge

Marriott on the Danube, lounge open 06:00 till 24:00.
Included beer, wine and spirits and all other premium drinks. Of course no Macallan just, Tennessee Whisky, and bacardi!

I will have a good time the next 18 days!!! ;-)

iztok Sep 6, 2014 7:19 am

* Tempe / Phoenix Marriott Tempe at the Buttes (Resort) / Golds/Plats get cont'l breakfast or 750 points/Plats get upgrade to full breakfast by foregoing PAG; Plat arrival gift 500pts/$10FB coupon;09/06/14 update

abezebabe Sep 7, 2014 7:27 am

NJ International Airport update. Gold/Plats receive coupon for full breakfast buffet for 2. (Good buffet btw). Stayed there 8/16/14.

Thx

FlyinHawaiian Sep 7, 2014 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by iztok (Post 23215495)
Park Ridge / Marriott / CLOSED; Lounge open only for cont'l brekkie on weekends; Plat arrival gift; 500pts/$10FB; 07/15/14 update

Nothing changed, so this is just update after over half a year.

Fairly decent breakfast at the lounge this morning with scrambled eggs and bacon this morning along with the bagels/toast, oatmeal, and fruit.

cova Sep 8, 2014 7:11 pm

The Paris/ Marriott Rive Gauche lounge is currently open for breakfast on the weekends during peak times through September. Stayed Aug 30th, and while the desk clerk said it was closed - the sign in the in the lounge said it was open (temporarily) for breakfast on the weekend. And sure enough it is open Sat and Sun mornings.

fmkgb Sep 9, 2014 9:44 am

Sticky: MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends : Ronkonkoma / Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport / The hotel has converted part of its top (7th) floor into a bar for use by Platinum members, complimentary hot food and alcohol 6pm-7.30pm, Mon-Thur; 07/25/13 update

I just called hotel and they say that in January 2014 they discontinued the above Platinum area on the 7th floor and that they currently have no special benefits for Platinums. Perhaps someone who has stayed there after January can confirm.

SkiAdcock Sep 9, 2014 10:01 am

Originally Posted by fmkgb (Post 23498932)
Sticky: MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends : Ronkonkoma / Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport / The hotel has converted part of its top (7th) floor into a bar for use by Platinum members, complimentary hot food and alcohol 6pm-7.30pm, Mon-Thur; 07/25/13 update

I just called hotel and they say that in January 2014 they discontinued the above Platinum area on the 7th floor and that they currently have no special benefits for Platinums. Perhaps someone who has stayed there after January can confirm.

I'm assuming the property is correct, so have deleted it from the exec lounge sticky. Too bad; it's not often we see a US-based CY do something extra.

Cheers.

TvlPeach Sep 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Renaissance Pere Marquette New Orleans LA

Two small additions to the info given as of 4/29/14 which is still correct.

Breakfast is either the buffet as listed or an entree from the restaurant menu (omelettes, etc)

The key accessible room off the bar has chips and fresh fruit in addition to the beverages listed in previous post.

Valid as of 9/08/14

Jon Maiman Sep 14, 2014 7:32 am

Columbus, OH / Renaissance

Columbus / Renaissance - Closed - 10 F&B or points for platinum arrival gift. Didn't inquire about weekend breakfast offering in lieu of lounge.

--Jon

MSPeconomist Sep 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Renaissance 57 NYC

Executive lounge on the lobby floor, one floor above the ground floor, is open Friday night to 11pm with a bartender for (paid) drinks but no signs of any food before 5 or when I arrived around 10pm. I was able to stay after 11 with no problem.

It's supposedly "closed" all day Saturday and Sunday, although I'm not sure about Sunday evening. The deal is 1,000 points per weekend day with no breakfast option offered. The hotel is on the short list of about ten or so properties with this policy.

I was also given coupon for a free appetizer in the bar/restaurant. They have some interesting choices, approximately $12-18 price range normally.

However, the concierge was letting a few people into the lounge over the weekend. A machine for
coffee and hot water seemed to be working. I asked about access when I saw a couple go in to get tea. You can also grab free cold bottles of water over the weekend from under the counter in the area where the bartender stands. This aspect of the lounge is not told to people anywhere. I noticed bowls of apples in the "closed" lounge but wasn't sure whether they were for eating or decoration.

Marcell Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello Sharon,

Crystal Gateway Marriott offers full buffet breakfast free for Platinum members (I assume Gold is free too).

I stayed here during the 1st and last weekends in August 2014. The hostess (Almaz) told me personally. My folios did not reflect any charges.