Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 7, 10, 11:44 am
  #136  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,108
Anyone know if the Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino is open on Friday nights
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Jul 7, 10, 1:37 pm
  #137  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,244
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Anyone know if the Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino is open on Friday nights
Well not to point out the obvious, but you could call if it's not listed here

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 7, 10, 3:12 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 117
We just stayed at the Marriott Norcross in Atlanta. The Lounge isn't attended on the weekends, but there is access to the Lounge so you can get soft drinks, water or use the computer. Wi-fi is free to the entire hotel. Breakfast coupons given to Elite Members on the weekend when the lounge is "officially closed".
mjtx is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 6:50 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Posts: 2,927
1) Peabody (MA) Marriott
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) NO breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water; NO
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - No idea
6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 07/10)
bk3day is offline  
Old Jul 8, 10, 9:07 pm
  #140  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FLL
Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Posts: 5,162
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Anyone know if the Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino is open on Friday nights
I do not know of any Casino in the western world which is not open on Friday nights!
USirritated is offline  
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:21 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: AA CK (3MM), Marriott LTT and Ambassador, Uber Diamond, UA Gold
Posts: 762
info re: Santa Clara Marriott in CA

Santa Clara/CA/USA/Santa Clara Marriott
lounge closed on weekends (per posted signs; I was not there on a weekend to personally verify)
coupon status unknown
lounge completely closed on weekends (again, per signs) but key accessible 24/7 Sun - Fri for soda/water/fruit/great coffee selection
unknown about inet, but there is a terminal for printing BPs
info from 6/10
ikwia is offline  
Old Jul 12, 10, 7:37 am
  #142  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,244
A weekend just ended. Any new updates?

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 12, 10, 10:24 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: HKG
Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Posts: 2,384
1) Yerevan Marriott, Armenia
2) Open 24hours with evening canapes/breakfast
3) N/A
4) Lounge is key accessible 24hours
5) Has a single terminal available, wireless at a fee
6) July/10

Breakfast wasn't much, eggs rotated daily to a different type, along with cold meats. All alcohol was on an honor bar system (including during the canape/cocktail hours), even for beer.
littlevoices is offline  
Old Jul 12, 10, 2:34 pm
  #144  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Posts: 900
bangkok marriot resort and spa wireless

Hi and thanks for the useful thread,

Just a note, but the wireless access I received at the lounge in the Bangkok marriott resort and spa worked for 24 hours - so perhaps the mentioned 1 hr policy has changed?
catharsis is offline  
Old Jul 16, 10, 9:43 am
  #145  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Renaissance Amsterdam

Renaissance Amsterdam

I sent an e-mail to the hotel asking about their lounge hours.

This is the response:

Our Club Lounge serves breakfast in the morning from 06h30 until 10h30, Cocktail hours are from 17h30 until 21h30 with Hors d'Oeuvres served from 17h30 until 19h30, from 19h30 until 21h30 deserts can be enjoyed.
UPDATE

Free beer and wine in the evening - Do not know about booze.

1 Internet terminal in the lounge for guest use.

Lounge, itself, is open till midnight.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Aug 5, 10 at 2:45 am
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Jul 16, 10, 5:26 pm
  #146  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,244
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
Renaissance Amsterdam

I sent an e-mail to the hotel asking about their lounge hours.

This is the response:
Thanks! We had them listed as open; this confirms it. Have heard there's a charge for booze & we don't have a report yet on whether there's a i-net terminal in the Ren lounge, so if anyone knows please post.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 17, 10, 1:21 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 6,479
Sharon,

Here's an update on the Marriott in Sindelfingen (near Stuttgart)

You listed it as: Stuttgart / Marriott Stuttgart / OPEN

A bit more detail:

1) City/State/Country/Property Name: as stated

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends: Open (access through room card) but no breakfast, hot snacks, or adult drinks, so probably should be called "closed". Free soft drinks and nuts/chips, some fruit (oranges, apples, occasionally bananas). Staff come in periodically to replenish the soft drinks/nuts/chips

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed: No

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water: Yes

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless: One terminal with free Internet access. (Some wi-fi access hotelwide, sometimes complimentary for elites)

6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10): 07/10
Counsellor is offline  
Old Jul 17, 10, 1:27 pm
  #148  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 6,479
Marriott Munich

One addendum to the Marriott Munich.

You had listed: Munich / Marriott / No lounge; Full breakfast everyday; 4/10 update

and that's accurate. As to internet, when I was last there (12/09) Gold and Platinum members could use the terminals in the business center (on the ground floor near the restaurant) for gratis internet access.
Counsellor is offline  
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:23 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: OHIO
Programs: MR Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
Sharon,

Here's an update on the Marriott in Sindelfingen (near Stuttgart)

You listed it as: Stuttgart / Marriott Stuttgart / OPEN

A bit more detail:

1) City/State/Country/Property Name: as stated

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends: Open (access through room card) but no breakfast, hot snacks, or adult drinks, so probably should be called "closed". Free soft drinks and nuts/chips, some fruit (oranges, apples, occasionally bananas). Staff come in periodically to replenish the soft drinks/nuts/chips

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed: No

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water: Yes

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless: One terminal with free Internet access. (Some wi-fi access hotelwide, sometimes complimentary for elites)

6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10): 07/10
So basically being Gold/Platinum is pretty much meaningless at this property. That is just great as am getting ready to take on a job in Stuttgart and was looking forward to the typical EURO FS Marriott. SOME people work on the weekends !!! No coupons and the lounge is basically closed? GREAT !!!
jadedinsider is offline  
Old Jul 18, 10, 11:16 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LAS - I'm All In!
Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Posts: 3,625
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
One addendum to the Marriott Munich.

You had listed: Munich / Marriott / No lounge; Full breakfast everyday; 4/10 update

and that's accurate. As to internet, when I was last there (12/09) Gold and Platinum members could use the terminals in the business center (on the ground floor near the restaurant) for gratis internet access.
The same is true for the I-net for the Frankfurt Marriott. I'm not sure if there is any in the lounge as I was there on a weekend in Jan 2010 but we could use the terminals free in the lobby.
trekwars2000 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread