Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
Looking to get the personal SPG. Last time I had the card was about 12 months ago.If I don't get the bonus again...do you think I'd have a problem getting the annual fee refunded if I closed after the first statement cycled?

Re-Applied last month.Received 2nd statement with the $1500 spend completed.25,000 enrollment points happily received!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by pokee
I just did a self-referral from Amex SPG Personal to Amex SPG Biz. I've never had an Amex SPG Biz, but I currently also hold an Amex Gold Biz.

I got the message "We are unable to give you an instant decision at this time. Your application will be processed within 10 days".

Should I call them right away? Should I leave it? I'm afraid I'm going to get grilled on this call and they'll discover the self referral! I said "No" to the question "Do you already have an Amex card" as I wasn't sure this would mess up the self-referral or the app.

Any tips on if I should call now - and if so, what questions I should be prepared to answer?
Just an update on this: I got approved a couple of days later and then got my card Fed Ex'd to me within days. I'm pretty sure they're not doing any 'instant' updates at the moment (or doing less, I suspect), so I'd be inclined to wait it out, rather than calling, to see how your app is doing...
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:12 pm

Referral points for personal and biz cards,now reduced to 5000 points
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
Referral points for personal and biz cards,now reduced to 5000 points
Well, at least there still is a referral program for the SPG cards.

Glad I got my 10K referral bonus just in the nick of time!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
I have the personal SPG amex, if i self refer to business will i still get the 25k + 5 referral? I've never had the business card before.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by jchacko2
I have the personal SPG amex, if i self refer to business will i still get the 25k + 5 referral? I've never had the business card before.
Yes, you will, but apply now as the 25k offer will expire TONIGHT!!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
I see online that AMEX SPG owners in the US get preferred guest plus status. Does this apply to Canadian SPG Amex owners too?

-New SPG Amex-er here, thanks!-
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
I see online that AMEX SPG owners in the US get preferred guest plus status. Does this apply to Canadian SPG Amex owners too?

-New SPG Amex-er here, thanks!-
I did get plus when I got my SPG.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I have the SPG Amex and was going to apply for the SPG Business Amex (which I've never had before) but I saw this is the terms and conditions:

This offer is only available to new Starwood Preferred Guest®* Business Credit Card from American Express Cardmembers. For current or former Starwood Preferred Guest®* from American Express Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus.
Has anyone out there recently applied for the business card while holding the personal card and if so, did you get your 20K sign-up bonus?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I have the SPG Amex and was going to apply for the SPG Business Amex (which I've never had before) but I saw this is the terms and conditions:

Has anyone out there recently applied for the business card while holding the personal card and if so, did you get your 20K sign-up bonus?
yes i have and did receive the signup bonus
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by scotchmeup
yes i have and did receive the signup bonus
Thanks. Was this recent? Because I don't remember seeing that restriction in the conditions before.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:43 am

SPG Personal App - ID Confirmation - Strange Story...

I referred my mom to the SPG personal from my SPG Biz. She got a letter from Amex stating she needed to confirm her identity at the post office (I've seen posts about this before).

She tried to confirm her identity at the post office, but didn't have the right ID (she doesn't have a drivers license), so I think she just gave up on it and applied for a different card.

Two weeks later - she got the SPG Amex card in the mail!!!! And I got my 5K referral bonus!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Where the identity confirmation was just set aside, and the approval went through?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
I know Amex doesn't like giving pro-rated refunds for early cancellation in the first year of an SPG Amex card.

But any recent history on getting a pro-rated refund in later years? (No bonus points were received for renewal.)
Asking for a friend.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by jerry305
I know Amex doesn't like giving pro-rated refunds for early cancellation in the first year of an SPG Amex card.

But any recent history on getting a pro-rated refund in later years? (No bonus points were received for renewal.)
Asking for a friend.
Have never had an issue with getting a pro-rated refund in this scenario.
jerry305 and pokee like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Have never had an issue with getting a pro-rated refund in this scenario.
Think it may be possible to get a refund of the AF if we don't get the 25K bonus when making the minimum spend for the Marriott Visa SPG Deal? It is a "special offer", after all, so they may be more lenient about it...?

Last edited by pokee; Mar 7, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.