Canadian SPG American Express

Closed Thread

Old Dec 21, 18, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by viracocha View Post
The old Chase Marriott in Canada did count for lifetime.
OK, I did a little more digging. The free nights from SPG Amex never counted towards SPG lifetime status, but the free nights from Chase Visa did count towards Marriott lifetime status. So will the Amex free nights count towards Marriott lifetime status? Marriott used to give lifetime credit on all sorts of free nights (endless credit card nights, fake meeting nights, roll over nights). However they seem to have tightened the reins a bit.

So guess I should modify my post.
Old Dec 21, 18, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), SPG*Plat50, United Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Plat, Nexus/GE
Can someone please post a copy of this email? Did the email come from Amex Canada or Marriott/SPG? I'm with an American Canada CSR right now, and they are absolutely clueless on what this is.
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanRulez View Post
Can someone please post a copy of this email? Did the email come from Amex Canada or Marriott/SPG? I'm with an American Canada CSR right now, and they are absolutely clueless on what this is.
It's been posted in post # 2170.

It came from: American Express <[email protected]>
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:08 am

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Ask and ye shall receive:

Old Dec 21, 18, 11:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), SPG*Plat50, United Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Plat, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
It's been posted in post # 2170.
Yes, I see that...but was there anything else included? Did the email come from SPG/Marriott or Amex Canada?

Edit: I see you updated your previous post. Thanks! Now I have to call Amex Canada back...I can't believe even the CSR's within the actual department do not know what this is.
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I see that...but was there anything else included? Did the email come from SPG/Marriott or Amex Canada?

Edit: I see you updated your previous post. Thanks! Now I have to call Amex Canada back...I can't believe even the CSR's within the actual department do not know what this is.
j2simpso just gave you a screenshot so you can see what was included. Are you sure you weren't on the phone with Marriott CS?
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:36 am

j2simpso just gave you a screenshot so you can see what was included. Are you sure you weren't on the phone with Marriott CS?
So I'm now on CSR #3 and this rep too is clueless. She went through all her notes and nothing. I had to read out the email message to her and she is now looking into it further.
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'm now on CSR #3 and this rep too is clueless. She went through all her notes and nothing. I had to read out the email message to her and she is now looking into it further.
Out of curiosity, what are you trying to do?
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:44 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This is a very useful benefit. Can't wait to apply in 2019
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:48 am

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to do?
Since I don't see the "15 elite nights" credit listed as a benefit on the Canadian Amex SPG site, I was inquiring to make sure this benefit wasn't only for current SPG holders and would be extended to new applicants as well.

I dumped SPG Amex earlier in the year when Marriott devalued the points ratios, but with the added 15 nights, that would help in requalifying for Platinum in future years.

Unfortunately, I'm only Lifetime Gold...still need a few more years of Platinum to attain lifetime platinum elite.
Old Dec 24, 18, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
agreed

Originally Posted by vd0t View Post
This is a very useful benefit. Can't wait to apply in 2019
I agree this is a very useful benefit. I received the e-mail and - out of curiousity - does it also apply to new card holders?
Also, margarita girl, the jury is still out on just how Marriott will upgrade lifetime Golds in the New Year? My first stays are not until mid Feb. We should know before then?
Old Jan 5, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MP 1K,Bonvoy Tit, LTG
Maybe I have missed it somewhere but in the past , once you reached a certain spend level there was a free night certificate. They used to be really easy to find but on the new website I can find them anywhere. Any suggestions of where I should look? Thanks in advance,.
Old Jan 5, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: S100K, UA Gold, CX Gold, Marriot Platinum Premier, SPG platinum,Fairmont Plat,National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
Maybe I have missed it somewhere but in the past , once you reached a certain spend level there was a free night certificate. They used to be really easy to find but on the new website I can find them anywhere. Any suggestions of where I should look? Thanks in advance,.
This was a free night for spend for 40K, under the old rules. it was stated on your statement as well as your annual spend. However It has been replaced with an annual free night. That said, if you signed up under the old terms you should still expect that night if you hit it. I am over 50K spend and still awaiting this certificate to post and may call in soon to verify.
Old Jan 5, 19, 3:01 pm

Hoping to see the elite nights as a benefit published on their web page soon as I believe I will need these nights to get to Platinum this year on the Marriott “nights” model.
Old Jan 6, 19, 4:18 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Also waiting for the benefit to be published before applying!

Search this Thread