Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport, BC, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport, BC, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Have stayed at a few hotels in the Vancouver area and this was the first I really liked.

1. Rooms modern and new
2. No pet fees
3. Parking was comped for me as an ambassador (front desk staff looked at me and said “you’re very elite. We will take care of you”

Only complaint: had some random charges applied to my bill on checkout (computer systems were done so I think they didn’t it later). A quick phone call got it settled though.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Planning a stay here in December. Really appreciate any input, esp. during COVID-19 era. Looks like the shuttle to YVR has been suspended?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mediator
Planning a stay here in December. Really appreciate any input, esp. during COVID-19 era. Looks like the shuttle to YVR has been suspended?
Stayed there less than a month ago.

The bathroom is quite modern, the room (standard king) I stayed at had waterfall shower. But the official room picture on Marriott's site has the regular shower so it could vary by room.

Lounge was closed just like every other hotel, housekeeping by request only. Swimming pool was also closed which was disappointing (stayed at 2 other hotels in my trip and both had swimming pool open).

Like you said shuttle bus was not running, so transportation is actually inconvenient. One big negative is due to the hotel being in Richmond, there is no Evo car share nearby. So you either have to go to the airport or Vancouver to pick up or drop off cars. Evo car share is so well developed in Vancouver that it's far superior to renting a car given the sky-high rental prices right now. The hotel also is a bit far from the SkyTrain station - probably takes 10 to 15 mins on foot.
mediator likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, EVA Silver
Just stayed a night here. Like others, I'm impressed.

Front desk employees were very professional and polite. Recognized elite status at check in, and said that they would waive my parking fee without my prompting. No reason was stated, though perhaps because of status (I'm Titanium) since someone above mentioned Ambassador was waived. Parking lot was very convenient right outside the lobby, with plenty of spaces. One of the front desk agents even gave a stuffed toy to our infant.

Used an SNA and was upgraded to the corner deluxe room. The corner room isn't a suite, though, so perhaps it was a waste of the SNA for me to choose that as an upgrade option. Square footage is decent and unobstructed floor to ceiling windows with 180 degree views facing north, with a close up view of planes arriving at YVR. Also a view of the Richmond Night Market, which was perfect because that was one of the reasons we were in town.

Breakfast was at the sit-down restaurant, The Apron. Food quality was restaurant quality, which is to say quite decent. One entree and one drink were comped as Titainum. I only paid gratuity.

All in all, would definitely stay again.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Just completed a similar stay two weeks ago.

My wife who is a gold used her free night award from her Amex. Felt it was a good use of the award as the rooms were over $200. I went with her and at check in asked if they could add my Platinum status to the reservation. They said sure. They apologized that they couldn't give her the platinum points (only the gold as my wife is a gold) but did give me an upgraded corner room and free breakfast. Nice I thought. First time I tried asking for Platinum benefits while staying with my wife's free certificate.

The corner room isn't a suite, though, but it is large and had a great view of planes arriving at YVR.

Breakfast was at the sit-down restaurant, The Apron. Food quality was restaurant quality, which is to say quite decent. One entree and one drink were comped as Platinum (Gold). I only paid gratuity.

My only complaint is there is no free shuttle from the airport, but they did offer to pay for the taxi... not sure why but great.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
I stayed at this property 5 times this past year. Been upgraded to a corner room 4/5 times. I think they have limited suites. Overall a very enjoyable property.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:24 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Does this property have a lounge? If so, is it open? TIA.

LAX
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LAX
Does this property have a lounge? If so, is it open? TIA.

LAX
I was there at the start of October and the old lounge was closed. The Lounge used to be a small one on the top floor.

Breakfast and night time drink provided at the very good Apron restaurant in the lobby though for platinum +.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I was there at the start of October and the old lounge was closed. The Lounge used to be a small one on the top floor.

Breakfast and night time drink provided at the very good Apron restaurant in the lobby though for platinum +.
You can drop by the restaurant anytime throughout the day for complimentary non-alcoholic beverages. They also delivered outside your door but not sure if they still do with the Covid restrictions lifted.

James
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:28 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Diabeetus

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can drop by the restaurant anytime throughout the day for complimentary non-alcoholic beverages. They also delivered outside your door but not sure if they still do with the Covid restrictions lifted.

James
Thanks. So the restaurant doubles as a "lounge" for Plat or above elites? I actually have never been to a lounge at Westin, so what would it normally have that's not longer available at the restaurant? I imagine the prepackaged snacks won't be. Plus, can I get the breakfast & drinks to go?

LAX
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by LAX
Thanks. So the restaurant doubles as a "lounge" for Plat or above elites? I actually have never been to a lounge at Westin, so what would it normally have that's not longer available at the restaurant? I imagine the prepackaged snacks won't be. Plus, can I get the breakfast & drinks to go?

LAX
Did you complete your stay yet? I am looking to book a night in Jan and need some help with the shuttle situation. Our flights land at 10pm and departs next day at 8:30am. I wonder if this is the closest Marriott hotel to airport since I will only need the room for 8h. We are titanium elite.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Did you complete your stay yet? I am looking to book a night in Jan and need some help with the shuttle situation. Our flights land at 10pm and departs next day at 8:30am. I wonder if this is the closest Marriott hotel to airport since I will only need the room for 8h. We are titanium elite.
Stayed here a few times when visiting relatives in Richmond, as recently as this past weekend. It is likely the closest Marriott to the airport, but the Marriott/Sheraton are less than a 5-minute drive away and may actually be comparable distance to the airport since they are closer to the other road leading to the airport.

Have never used the airport shuttle, but the website states "Complimentary Airport Shuttle available from 4:00am-9:30pm." It appears the Marriott has a 24/7 airport shuttle.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by musicscrip
here are the shuttle info and restaurant hours.

DELee likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:42 am

As of this weekend, the lounge on the top floor remains closed.

The restaurant is honestly much better:

1. for breakfast you can get 1 main or 2 sides, and 1 beverage for up to 2 guests.

2. there is a lot more space in the restaurant than the tiny upstairs lounge.

3. for evening hors d'oeuvres (5pm-8pm) you get 1 appetizer each for 2 guests (2 appetizers total). it is the same appetizer for both guests, and different daily selection determined by the restaurant. 1 non-alcoholic beverage each. they recommend in room delivery.

make sure to tip for complimentary breakfast and the hors d'oeuvres.

the staff are super friendly and hard working. same staff I see each time i visit.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Anyone stayed at the hotel recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.