Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hacienda San Jose, Yucatan [Master Thread]

Hacienda San Jose, Yucatan [Master Thread]

Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We have a 9am flight out of Merida in December. I'm not sure what time daybreak is then. Is it practical to stay here the prior night, or would we be better off to turn in our rental car the prior day, stay in Merida, and go to the airport by taxi?
If it were me, I'd make my way to Merida the day before and be in place to take an early taxi to the MID airport in the morning. I can't remember if you've mentioned before that you've been to Merida, but if you haven't, it's a remarkable city that offers a significant number of very unique experiences. I've only been to Merida twice and left both times feeling like I needed to spend a few more days there to see everything I wanted to. I've stayed at the Hyatt and the Fiesta Americana (across the street from each other) and both were excellent.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:58 am

Why not try another Hacienda?

I would suggest spending your last night at the Hacienda Xcanatun, it is a 20 minute ride to the airport.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:08 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by sbtinme
If it were me, I'd make my way to Merida the day before and be in place to take an early taxi to the MID airport in the morning.
Thanks, appreciate it. I've been to Merida before, though it has been many years. We will stay the first night on arrival at the Hyatt (a bargain at 5K points/night). And perhaps you are right, that we should return there the final night.

Originally Posted by Lalupe
I would suggest spending your last night at the Hacienda Xcanatun, it is a 20 minute ride to the airport.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, and thank you for the suggestion.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by WChiCC
I would call the Hacienda to get as precise directions as possible to the San Jose. Getting through the town (Tixkokob, I think) before you get to the Hacienda was [I]very[I] confusing, as the directions said to stay on such and such road, but there were no signs in town stating which way the road turned around the main square. We must've gone through the town at least 3 times before we stopped to ask someone. (Stupid pride!)
I second that. I was stupid enough to look at the map and try to use a different road to get through, and ended up on a single lane dirt road through someone's properly and had to turn around. It was rather confusing. Yep, Tixkokob is that town :-).

After all that, we did like the San Jose Hacienda. It was really cool, but we like Puerta Campeche better!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
If you're coming from Merida there's only 1 way through Tixkokob. Beware of the speed bumps with almost no signage at night. Just when I was wondering when the next one would come up and boom --- I almost blew the tires/suspension. You might want to consider an SUV just because of those speed bumps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.