Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Regis Mexico City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:25 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by heggers03
Have an upcoming 2 night reservation at the St Regis Mexico City and got a pretty good rate thanks to a successful BRG.

Sadly I am only an SPG gold so not expecting any real benefits but has anyone dined in the J&G Grill as I cannot find even a single review anywhere?
No but if you walk out of the hotel and go to the street behind it there are a number of nice restaurants and bars. I recommend Quebracho on Rio Lerma 175. There are a number of other interesting places in the 3 or 4 blocks surrounding the restaurant and it is literally behind the hotel.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
The hotel restaurant itself is not up to local luxury standards. Many great dining options a taxi ride away. The concierge is very capable. Mexico City was just named the world's hottest dining destination!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:55 pm

Good Evening!

Jean-Georges Restaurant is upcoming this year on its 2nd quarter. Meanwhile I hope you can visit Diana Restaurant, where Mexican Gastronomy meets ingredients form around the World, directed by Chef Guy Santoro. And confirming previous comments, in Rio Lerma, one block away from the hotel, is a variety of excellent restaurants for steaks and wine that are just delightful. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel’s concierge, they know how to identify the best place for your personal desire.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by TheStRegisMC
Jean-Georges Restaurant is upcoming this year on its 2nd quarter.
Thanks StRegisMC, that would be why I cannot find reviews on J&G on-line! I will certainly look to explore the restaurants on Rio Lerma and seek concierge advice.

abk, thanks for the recommendation on Quebracho.

I will put together a mini trip report after my stay!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by heggers03
I will put together a mini trip report after my stay!
Completed a two night weekend stay at the St Regis Mexico City recently.

Upon arrival the check in desk could not find my reservation even though I had a confirmation email & my SPG iPhone app with my SPG booking confirmation number showing which I had booked on www.spg.com. Check in receptionist told me I needed to make another reservation at BAR - I politely asked that just put me in a room and they could sort it out later with Starwood (we were quite tired after a long flight from London and just wanted to sleep).

Next day I checked at reception as I did not wish to be charged for two rooms (as both my original booking and a new booking were now showing on my SPG iPhone app) but they had not attempted to resolve the double booking issue by this point. I was given the managers email address and asked to send my original confirmation email to him which I duly did and in which I asked for the issue to be sorted by checkout. By checkout I was charged the correct originally booked rate and I asked what the problem was but was told that Starwood could not find my reservation either and was given no further information as to what happened. I am still miffed as why my original reservation was '"lost"!

Good points though - the Veuve Clicquot champagne at check in was very nice, rooms are certainly superbly appointed and the very technical room control system is cool. The Gym and small pool were excellent although they close at what I thought was very early at 8pm. The King Cole bar on a Saturday night is certainly a very hip spot for drinks. Did not see the Butler after an initial introduction but to be fair we did not spend much time in our room or make any butler requests. Location is excellent with plenty do after dark on Río Lerma and thereabouts.

Overall a very well appointed hotel but with some patchy service issues as other posters have identified earlier in this thread. Due to the service issues especially with the reservation which I would not expect and I have never experienced before at a high class hotel I would probably choose a different accommodation option next time I am in Mexico City.

Did not dine in Diana but did dine in Quebracho but although the portions were huge and prices cheap we thought the beef of poor quality. Breakfast at Bread & Co on Río Lerma 191 was excellent though!

Last edited by heggers03; Feb 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
I was there for a week a few weeks ago

and had spectacular service.

Was upgraded to a HUGE suite (without asking), got a little gift each night, candy, pastry etc...

I felt very safe and the food was great.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I recently spent 4 nights at this property and it was one of my most superior hotel experiences anywhere. Lovely Jr. Suite upgrade, lovely continental breakfast spread, lovely concierge and butler services, lovely and attentive staff. I don't really have a negative comment. Good location, too.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
I am staying here for two nights this coming weekend. Given the wide availability of free nights and low paid rates at all SPG and Hilton properties at this time in Mexico City, I get the sense that most are operating well below full capacity.

I'm wondering what a lowly Gold Member can expect, staying on cash + points award - will they offer an upgrade? Any experiences would we great to hear. Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
I am staying here for two nights this coming weekend. Given the wide availability of free nights and low paid rates at all SPG and Hilton properties at this time in Mexico City, I get the sense that most are operating well below full capacity.

I'm wondering what a lowly Gold Member can expect, staying on cash + points award - will they offer an upgrade? Any experiences would we great to hear. Thanks.
I've stayed at this hotel several times in the last 2 years as a gold member. Once was upgraded to an Executive Suite (has a steam shower in room which I really enjoyed). All other times I wasn't offered an upgrade (even after asking). Great hotel otherwise, would highly recommend.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Stayed there recently as a Platinum and thought the hotel and the service were superb. Very caring and attentive staff.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Recently stayed as a Gold, and was quite impressed. We were upgraded to a Grand Deluxe room at check-in. Close to the Sevilla metro stop, which is great for exploring the city. Great facilities, amazing room, service was spectacular. We'd stay again.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here as a Platinum on points for a weekend. Upgraded to a Grand Deluxe room. The place did not seem that crowded, but we weren't going to be in the room that much so didn't push the issue for a suite.

Hotel hard product is great, and concierge had some great suggestions (though we tend not to use concierges that often and plan our own itineraries). Nice but not spectacular continental breakfast.

The only thing a bit odd was that the butler ONLY spoke to. He didn't address my girlfriend at all when he was in the room, which was rather amusing as she was the one who booked it (we're both Plat). It was always "Mr. Mainline777." But chalk that up to a cultural difference - not a big deal.

At a Category 5 it was a fantastic value on points, but now that it's going up to Category 6 we'd probably stay at the W or Le Meridien next time.

Also I have to say that Mexico City is an extremely underrated tourist destination. We never felt unsafe (though we always got back to the StR before it was too late) and LOVED the pyramids. Highly recommended. I was also surprised to learn that MEX is about the same flight time from Chicago as LAX, so it was very convenient as well.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:48 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Any comments about wifi quality/speed at the StR here? I'll be here for work in late Feb. Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Any comments about wifi quality/speed at the StR here? I'll be here for work in late Feb. Thanks!
Stayed here in August, had no problems with WiFi speed for web, email, Skype, ...

Very nice hotel, used SNAs for an Executive Suite
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by zagy
Stayed here in August, had no problems with WiFi speed for web, email, Skype, ...

Very nice hotel, used SNAs for an Executive Suite
Thanks! I booked an Exec Suite for a steal: $300 per night for 4 nights. I'm hoping I'll get upgraded to the Luxury/St. Regis Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.