FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1019774-ritz-carlton-laguna-niguel-master-thread.html)

david55 Feb 12, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by zagguru (Post 30768196)
When did you stay there?

almost a year ago exactly

boolean64 Feb 12, 2019 9:25 am

Originally Posted by zagguru (Post 30766743)
Incredible. Is this something rare, or something that would happen more likely than not?

A free upgrade to Club Level at a Ritz is very very rare. Do NOT expect to be upgraded to the club level without paying the $150-300 per night upgrade fee. As referenced above, just about the only time a Ritz will upgrade you to a club level for free is when it helps them (i.e. the property is sold out and they have no choice but to upgrade someone to a club level room). Maybe you'll get the once in a blue moon freebie, but do not bake the chances of this happening into making a choice about staying at a Ritz vs another hotel.

jksaleh Mar 31, 2019 4:35 pm

Since the Bonvoy 'upgrade' are parking and resort fees still waived if one purchases club level upgrade rooms?

zorrobandit May 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Any recent stays??

Originally Posted by jksaleh (Post 30950318)
Since the Bonvoy 'upgrade' are parking and resort fees still waived if one purchases club level upgrade rooms?

I too am interested in this question. So I am bumping this thread. Any recent stays or trip reports?

TVTravels Oct 19, 2019 11:28 am

Booking Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel with Bonvoy points?

Quick question, tried a google but can only find old references to pre Bonvoy documents.

Can you book this hotel with only Marriott points?

When trying to do a search for December, it only gives me options that include a cash upgrade.

MSPeconomist Oct 19, 2019 11:32 am

1. Are standard rooms available for your dates?

2. Could you be looking at some high demand period (NYE?) for which the hotel has declared an exemption?

3. The Starriott website does some funky things when you search, so try picking a normal refundable room rate, click through to see room availability, and then click the box to see options for paying with points. Sometimes searching by location for points redemptions doesn't show all of the choices.

TVTravels Oct 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks for the TIP, yes it does appear to be related to the days in particular. Seems odd they are so booked almost 2 months in Advance, was checking Dec 9- Dec 14.

firrainbow Nov 21, 2019 2:39 pm

Stay here in 2019 Aug

Used my ritz card sign up award nights in this hotel. The cash price is $1k and I think it is crazy. Don't get me wrong. The hotel lobby and places are very beautiful. Service is above average in Ritz standard. But I won't pay $1k or even $500 for the night.

I am Titanium Elite. No breakfast. Parking fee and resort fee are charged so that is $100 per night. I want to highlight the resort fee and it is the first time I think resort fee is well worth it. The hotel is located in the cliff so there is a path going to the beach. You can call the golf cart to be picked up and then drive you there. The beach bulter will help you set up umbrella and chairs, towels. You can rent kids toys and bodyboard for free from there. When you are done, you can let the cart pick you up and drive up hill. It is a steep climbing path.
The room is fine and clean. Nothing too special. If you have kids, they will offer a bucket of kids beach toys. Cool!
I only tried the 180Blue restaurant and I think it is a reasonable priced restaurant. Other restaurants on site are over-priced.
I did request a late check and was given 2pm check out. This gives us another 2 hour of playing in the pool. The pool is nice too. It also has kids play yard.

Overall, I think it is a nice Ritz Carlton Hotel but I probably won't stay here in future because the price is too high.

david55 Nov 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Staying at the club level always waived the resort fee and parking for us and all the food and drinks are included. Makes this upgrade well worth it.

hindolio Nov 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by david55 (Post 31763446)
Staying at the club level always waived the resort fee and parking for us and all the food and drinks are included. Makes this upgrade well worth it.

I think I've read about this practice once or twice before. Do all Ritz Carlton properties do this? Specifically for this property, is a club level upgrade $150 for two people fixed or does this vary during the year? And finally, are there set prices for club level upgrades for each Ritz property? Thanks!

flymax77 Jan 2, 2020 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by hindolio (Post 31764353)
I think I've read about this practice once or twice before. Do all Ritz Carlton properties do this? Specifically for this property, is a club level upgrade $150 for two people fixed or does this vary during the year? And finally, are there set prices for club level upgrades for each Ritz property? Thanks!

was there last month - they wanted $350 for the club upgrade.

im sure I could have negotiated, but wasn’t worth it even at $200

Centurion Jan 15, 2020 8:29 pm

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel Upgrades for Plats and Titaniums

What are the upgrades like at Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel for Plats and Titaniums?

Catskilltraveller Jan 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Pretty much not available. Ritz will offer one level upgrade. That’s pretty much it

nologic Jun 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Platinums

What is the platinum breakfast benefit for a family of 4 in the same suite?

Also, will they waive the resort fee for Plats?

myperks Jun 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by nologic (Post 32494244)
What is the platinum breakfast benefit for a family of 4 in the same suite?

considering it’s a Ritz Carlton, platinum breakfast benefits here is probably a nicely presented breakfast bill that you can maybe earn points on as food and beverage spend.