Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Andaman, Langkawi, Malaysia [Master Thread] [CLOSED DUE TO FIRE JAN 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaman, Langkawi, Malaysia [Master Thread] [CLOSED DUE TO FIRE JAN 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Has anyone tried to call the resort or SPG regarding cash+point redemption at The Andaman?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Starwood Privilege

Does anyone know if the Andaman has started accepting the Starwood Privilege card?
If anyone is corrently there now, could you check it out and report back?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by PatMike
Does anyone know if the Andaman has started accepting the Starwood Privilege card?
If anyone is corrently there now, could you check it out and report back?
The answer is no, according to the Starwood Privilege website.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:45 am

I have just came back from this wonderful place and have loads of information to share with everyone.

Meanwhile, let me share the offer link to members who are planning to visit this gorgeous place soon.

More updates on this property coming your way.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
I have just came back from this wonderful place and have loads of information to share with everyone.

Meanwhile, let me share the offer link to members who are planning to visit this gorgeous place soon.

great....thanks for the offer link thyetus....
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS

Thanks for the reminder of how nice this property looks. Will have to try it out later this year.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:37 pm

Sounds good. I am booked for 3 nights paid and 2 points nights in December but a bit worried it's a bit run down and basic from trip adviser reviews. Have the four seasons booked for the 3 paid nights as well (in a villa at 5 times the cost). Actually I also have a datai reservation as well( covering all angles). Final 2 nights booked at westin.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I am in a quandry about staying here vs the Westin.
I actually have 5th night free points reservations at both for specialty select rooms.

Andaman reservation shows:
1 King
Nespresso Coffee Machine, 26 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Deluxe Seaview, Free Wi-fi Internet, Step Out Balcony, 43 sqm Haven With View Of The Andaman Sea. White Marbled Bathroom With Contemporary Fixtures Has Separate Rainforest Shower

Westin reservation shows:
1 King
Partial Ocean View Non-smoking, 42 Inch Plasma Tv, Deluxe Ocean View, Heavenly Bed And Shower, Separate Bath/shower/toilet, Partial Sea View From Spacious Private Balcony,size Room 52 Sqm

I am Gold

Any suggestions???
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:14 pm
Suspended

In response to the above 2 posts, I would go for The Andaman.

AFAIK the Deluxe rooms have been renovated, though the bedding and tv is below par. Its not true "luxury", but the rain forest setting sets it apart from most beach resorts elsewhere.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:01 pm

Andaman reservation shows:
1 King
Nespresso Coffee Machine, 26 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Deluxe Seaview, Free Wi-fi Internet, Step Out Balcony, 43 sqm Haven With View Of The Andaman Sea. White Marbled Bathroom With Contemporary Fixtures Has Separate Rainforest Shower
I would say that the seaview is to-die-for. I usually sleep with some soothing music in my room but during my stay the only sounds I hear are that from the sea waves. Even on the highest floor!

Some trivia for you

Resort divided into north and south wing. (Each wing has 4 floors)

Main building has 3 floors, highest floor links directly to the 4th floor of each wing.

All rooms have 3 digit numbers.

North Wing deluxe rooms have renovated toilets(Contemporary in light green).

South Wing deluxe rooms and all suites have Classic toilets in brown due for upgrading hopefully by end of the year.

Property is built such that it does not interfere with the ecosystem. Guests can see monkeys, squirrels, flying lemurs(at night only), hornbills.

Guests can check in at sunset lounge.

Whole resort is WIFI enabled(complimentary) though rooms have no broadband facilities.

Last but not least, I was told that Plats do get free breakfast. Those who have been to this property may verify if this is right.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:49 pm
Suspended

I was told that Plats do get free breakfast.
Correct.

Considering the buffet breakfast is priced at around MYR100 nett (USD32) per person, its a much welcomed perk.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:51 pm
Suspended

North Wing deluxe rooms have renovated toilets(Contemporary in light green).
All seaview deluxe rooms are in the north wing.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
All seaview deluxe rooms are in the north wing.
Are they on the top floors?
How would you say they compare to the Westin's Partial Ocean view room ?????
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:16 am
Suspended

Are they on the top floors?
How would you say they compare to the Westin's Partial Ocean view room ?????
Seaview rooms are on the 4th floor, plus 3rd floor and possibly 2nd floor. 1st floor are lanai rooms.

The better view rooms at the Andaman would beat any view at the Westin (except perhaps those from ocean front suites). However rooms at the Westin are better furnished and more comfortable, but then you can also experience this kind of comfort at any good city hotel. Not many resort has the rain forest setting like the Andaman ....
Old Aug 27, 2010, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
In response to the above 2 posts, I would go for The Andaman.

AFAIK the Deluxe rooms have been renovated, though the bedding and tv is below par. Its not true "luxury", but the rain forest setting sets it apart from most beach resorts elsewhere.
i agree....i would go with the andaman too....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.