Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport IAD [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport IAD [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would have said something on the spot and demanded a new room. That's just gross and unacceptable by housekeeping.
Me too, but I can understand not wanting to bother when one arrives late and needs to leave early the next morning.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
When this happens to me, which is rarely, I call the front desk and ask a manager on duty to come up and have a look at the room.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LondonElite
When this happens to me, which is rarely, I call the front desk and ask a manager on duty to come up and have a look at the room.
That's even better, but it's likely to consume more time than just calling the desk and asking them to find a new room. I would also just go to the desk myself for the key card swap rather than waiting for a bell person to appear.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's even better, but it's likely to consume more time than just calling the desk and asking them to find a new room. I would also just go to the desk myself for the key card swap rather than waiting for a bell person to appear.
I agree with @LondonElite approach. This way you can point out issues and discuss right there on the spot. If the management (team) who cares they will make it right and work to make sure it does not happen again.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Changing brand to Courtyard

At check-in the manager told me that the hotel was going to be re-branded as a
Courtyard.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
move MR stays to Westin?

Interesting. That's a big loss to mileage runners (like me) who enjoy cheap SPG stays for MRs in and out of IAD. Just noticed that the Westin could replace it - with hot escapes weekend stays from $71:
http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/sear...tates/virginia
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:59 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Interesting. That's a big loss to mileage runners (like me) who enjoy cheap SPG stays for MRs in and out of IAD. Just noticed that the Westin could replace it - with hot escapes weekend stays from $71:
http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/sear...tates/virginia
And nicer. We just did 2 nts at the Westin ($75 per nt weekend,) and like this much more than the Sheraton. Breakfast buffet is OK, but should have an egg station to get a better variety-scrambled only at the buffet.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
confirmed

Originally Posted by rbAA
And nicer. We just did 2 nts at the Westin ($75 per nt weekend,) and like this much more than the Sheraton. Breakfast buffet is OK, but should have an egg station to get a better variety-scrambled only at the buffet.
I heard from the GM and he confirmed the conversion. Blamed it on Marriott? No date yet - but - I see Starwood bookings are available through Dec 31.

As for the switch to the "nicer" Westin, points redemptions at the Sheraton are 3-4k as compared to 7k for the Westin.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I heard from the GM and he confirmed the conversion. Blamed it on Marriott? No date yet - but - I see Starwood bookings are available through Dec 31.

As for the switch to the "nicer" Westin, points redemptions at the Sheraton are 3-4k as compared to 7k for the Westin.
i spoke with the gm about this last week when i was staying here....he said renovations for the conversion to a courtyard are due to start around the 1st week of august....
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i spoke with the gm about this last week when i was staying here....he said renovations for the conversion to a courtyard are due to start around the 1st week of august....
here is some more information for those who are interested:

renovations are due to start on the 1st of august & are expected to last 4 months....

renovations will start from the 6th floor & eventually move down to the lobby....

rooms will be completely renovated with new carpeting & wallpaper....microwaves & fridges as well as new tvs & ac/heating units in each room....

club lounge goes away....

pool goes away & gets replaced with 2 junior suites....

hotel will continue to be a sheraton till all the renovations are complete, after which it will change to a courtyard at some point around december....

i'm sad to see the sheraton brand go away....i used to spend over 20 nights a year here....but i guess we should expect this with marriott taking over....it won't make a difference once both programs are merged at some point next year....
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I just completed a stay here. The lounge is permanently closed. One more floor and the lobby still need to be renovated. Once the renovations are done, the hotel will be re-branded. No ETA.

I was in a renovated room. It was small, but with tons of power outlets, and the bathroom was quite nice. It was my first stay here, so nothing to compare it against.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed here for one night... pre-paid Club room with executive club lounge access and full breakfast for two persons on SPG website in late Dec17... upon arrival informed that Club is closed and my full breakfast will in fact be room service from very limited room service menu... nothing to write home about really... and then they charged me for small bottle of water (3 USD), that should be available for me in (now closed) Club gratis... and I paid extra money for this package? Wrote complaint letter to SPG (hotel does not have e-mail!!) , they responded that they will contact the hotel, now waiting for 5 days already for some feedback. Just incredible.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Remodeling continues at this property - nothing about the construction was/is shown on the hotel's website about the work. Bit of a mess just trying to get into my room as well as problems about whether my room rate included breakfast that I booked at as well as some cleanliness issues in the bathroom.

Anyway, Front Desk personnel indicated that the plan/hope was to flip over to being a Courtyard potentially in May 2018. Marriott's website says "Opening Soon May 2018" but nothing is bookable either in May or June.

Kinda too bad about this hotel transitioning out of SPG.

David
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mirror74
Stayed here for one night... pre-paid Club room with executive club lounge access and full breakfast for two persons on SPG website in late Dec17... upon arrival informed that Club is closed and my full breakfast will in fact be room service from very limited room service menu... nothing to write home about really... and then they charged me for small bottle of water (3 USD), that should be available for me in (now closed) Club gratis... and I paid extra money for this package? Wrote complaint letter to SPG (hotel does not have e-mail!!) , they responded that they will contact the hotel, now waiting for 5 days already for some feedback. Just incredible.
DId the hotel get back to you? or did SPG do anything?
I was shocked to see the condition of the hotel and the lack of concern by staff.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by neuron
DId the hotel get back to you? or did SPG do anything?
I was shocked to see the condition of the hotel and the lack of concern by staff.
SPG contacted the hotel (as you cannot do it directly), and then basically refunded my stay (4000 starpoints).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.