Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Twixboy
I should have asked, when is your honeymoon? I should also point out that I've met people who stayed on the North Shore for their honeymoon, but ended up driving South everyday because that's where you want to be in the winter. The surf is extremely dangerous for the next 5 months on the North Shore so most water activities are out. It's also raining everyday up there in the winter which makes laying on the beach and hiking the powerline trail not that much fun either. Most of the guided activities are on the South and East shore, and Waimea Canyon of course is on the West side which is a 2 hour drive to the top from the SR. Just pointing this out in case you hate driving, but usually on a honeymoon people don't care because time spent in a car as a newlywed is still fun and you can't beat the atmosphere at the SR when you unwind each night.
Beginning of April.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
St. Regis Princeville to be sold. It appears as the 10 year mangement agreement is ending in May 2017. Does anyone know if Marriott plans to keep the property?

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...-for-sale.html
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I hope we don't lose another domestic St. Regis property!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
Agreed Monarch Beach bummed me out, but this would be way worse IMO. The location is second to none.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Is parking fee waived for platinums?

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Dec 21, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
It is not.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by controller1
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
It is not.
And it is valet parking only.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Just finished my 3-night stay here today (21 dec)

Overall it was a great stay and better than my prior stay at GH Kauai.

Got upgraded to a very nice premium ocean view room on 7th floor (no junior suite available on spg.com). Didn't feel dated though not feel fresh or modern luxury too. View was absolutely stunning. Resort grounds were not that bad like some reviews mentioned upthread. I was ok with that overall (Actually Im kind of W guy so i tend to prefer the newer and more modern property). the pool is nice (admittedly that the pool complex at GH is way better). The beach is swimable (didnt try it myself though).

Now the highlight to me was the services, truly exceptional and upto st.regis standards. Most staffs i met called me by my name and were nice, friendly and helpful. Valet parking service was efficient. Full breakfast buffet complimentary to spg platinum was another big plus, though not good in variety but the quality was great. (Hint: cappuccino was not included but luckily i wasn't charged for it). Service at makana terrace was also outstanding, also at the pool. Housekeeping service here did great job, much better than GH.

And answer to my own question: no, the valet parking charge was not waived for spg platinums.

This is one of the true gem in starwood folio and i will definitely return when coming to Kauai.

p.s. Sorry for my poor English.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Mar 11, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Is the St Regis still leaving SPG on May 1?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
There's very little info on the internet about St. Regis being offered for sale. There's even less info about the property potentially being reflagged to another brand. IOW, nothing appears definitive right now.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
Just because the management agreement may end, does not mean the property will leave Starwood. Many SPG properties are not managed by Starwood.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:54 pm

Change is in the air...

Just heard, through the grapevine, that the Four Seasons may be interested.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dturner384
Just heard, through the grapevine, that the Four Seasons may be interested.
The prospect of this may also increase the competition: New Planned Princeville Luxury Hotel
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:10 pm

Just completed two night stay there as SPG Platinum.
Booked oceanview and was not upgraded prior to arrival.
Checked in at 3pm. Agent checked and was offered a premium ocean view with terrace with 2 beds which was nice though it wasn't ready until 4:30pm or so.

The setting is lovely and the staff is friendly though at times seem overwhelmed during times of high occupancy.

Some things I didn't care for...
-breakfast buffet is pretty weak for a grand/5 star resort
-for me it was complimentary as an SPG Plat but in their defense it is $28 which seems pretty low for a St. Regis in any location much less Hawaii

-coffee refills were very difficult at breakfast

-had do-not-disturb light on and laundry was returned anyway

-the rooms are huge and comfortable but could use a refresh

The views never get old. You could stare out Hanalei Bay, the surf and mountains all day long!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:14 am

Given the comment on breakfast buffet above, any recommendations for a good breakfast nearby? Fancy or casual welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.