Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Manila Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Thanks to scubaccr for the info (as of Dec 1st 2016)

o If you have lounge access you will be given room in new West Tower, So do not use East entrance or east checkin desk.

o don't use original main entrance to East Reception,
o Enter by car at same main security entrance
BUT
o Circle round and keep going to West Entrance
o have car/taxi carry on round "internal Marriott Road" to access next Marriott entrance at the West Tower Reception
(If you carry on round the public road, security guy won't let you into Marriott through second set of entrance barrier from the road ! (I tried 4pm today, 7th Jan))

Reason
o West Tower reception and elevators is quite some walk from East Tower checkin, and is on a lower level, and early December the escalator was not working so had to hump suitcases down stairs at end of inter-hotel East-West walk
o west tower entrance (similar to East entrance) once reached, hasextenal xray screening machine to screen all guest luggage before entry to hotel.

As it was explained to me, guests can accompany the elite member into the lounge for a meeting or to relax, but only 1 guest per elite member can take advantage of dining options, and this is strictly enforced during breakfast. Additional guests can dine for an up charge, fees listed below.

Executive lounge hours:
Open from 6a - 12mid every day
Breakfast - 6a - 10:30a (1000php for additional guests)
Afternoon tea - 2:30p - 5p (750php for additional guests)
Hors D'oeuvres - 5:30p - 7:30p (1500php for additional guests)
Evening Snacks - 7:30p - 9:30p (1500php for additional guests)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC

From November a new Marriott opens in Manila near the airport terminal 3, around 10 km away from Makati, the central business district. Already bookable at Marriott.com.

Renaissance Makati City Hotel, in front of the shopping mall Greenbelt 3, is no longer Marriott group since last week and is renamed as New World (as formerly known). Marriott rewards will be credited only until Nov 6 or 7, 2009. Already disappears from Marriott.com.

That's what I was told last night, while staing there at Renaissance...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Oh, I'm sad to hear that the Renaissance Manila has left Marriott. It has a great lounge and is in a good location. Manny Pacquiao has stayed there.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
That's very disappointing! I earned ~20 nights from the Renaissance in Makati this year. Walking distance to Greenbelt was a nice perk.

Not having a hotel in Makati is going to have a negative impact on Marriott in Philippines - the new airport Marriott is not nearly as business-friendly a location...
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

New World Hotel Makati City

New World Hotel Makati City, formerly known as Renaissance Makati City Hotel until last week, is already included in HK-based New World Hotels group.
http://www.newworldhotels.com/eng/home/

In fact, I am currently staying this hotel (as Marriott Rewards Plat) until mid Nov, and have not yet been informed of such changes officially from the management.

Points earning, lounge access, etc. do matter, and need to be clarified (if it was in developed countries!?). Well, this is the Philippines, and I, though as an expat, am already accustomed to it, fortunately or unfortunately.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any rate/other promos celebrating the new property?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Oooooh, too bad. I stay there ~3 times a year and host a meeting each stay, so I get the 10 nights meeting planner + points boni. Back to the InterCon, I guess.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Letter from the Management

28 October 2009

Dear Mr. XYZ,

Re: Rebranding of Renaissance Makati City Hotel Manila

Thank you for your continued support in the past years. We write to inform you that Renaissance Makati City Hotel Manila has been rebranded to New World Hotel Makati City, Manila.

On behalf of the Hotel’s owner, New World International Development Philippines, Inc., we would like to inform you that the existing agreement between you and Renaissance Makati City Hotel will continue to be honored by New World Hotel Makati City, Manila with the terms and conditions as stated therein.

New World Hotel Makati City, Manila is managed by NWH Management Philippines, Incorporated (NWHPI) which is a member of the New World Group based in Hong Kong. There are currently seven hotels under the New World brand which are located in Beijing, Dalian, Macau, Shanghai, Shenyang, Wuhan and Ho Chi Minh City. New World Hotel Makati City, Manila is the eighth hotel in the company’s portfolio.

New World Hotel Makati City, Manila remains a world-class business hotel offering 598 well appointed guestrooms and suites with state-of-the-art banquet and meeting facilities, first class international and Asian dining, and well equipped Fitness Centre and Spa.

For more information or for future bookings, please visit our website at www.newworldhotels.com
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Was talking to a friend at lunch today and he mentioned his experience with this situation. He received a letter from Marriott advising him of the change and offering him a 5,000 MR point bonus if he switched his 5 night stay next week from the New World to the Marriott. Of course no rooms were available @ the Marriott when he tried to make the switch!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:37 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
lots of availability in Manila Marriott now although all corporate rates. no promos even! :S
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
It's over-priced (not unusual for new hotels). And it's not easy to get to from T1. Can you walk to T3 from the hotel?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier
I get to Manila 2-3 times per year and alway stay at the Renaissance. I like the hotel and I like the location next to three malls. I did not like the long ride to the airport when the traffic was bad.

I was looking forward to the opening of the new Marriott, intending to spend my last night there closer to the airport, and avoiding the heavy traffic.

For me this turns out to be a "win one and lose one." I am not sure that there is much to do around the new hotel but I will give it a try, at least when I am departing. I regret that both will not be available.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:34 am

You could walk there from terminal three but it is one of those situations where you end up having to walk much further than should be necessary to get out of the airport and across the busy road that separates the hotel from the airport.

It is not a great location inmo. Pretty much the only airline using terminal 3 is Cebu Pacific, so its only really that convenient if you're flying with them.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:29 pm

Thanks camsean. The website says no shuttle service is provided.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Airport access

A bit divfersion of topic, but the expressway entrance/exit of the south super Skyway near the airport terminal 3 has opened (and it's free of charge as the operator hasn't operationalized the tollbooth of that exit/entrance) since a few months ago.

So, the access between Makati and the airport has improved significantly. Virtually, no traffic congestion on the expressway. (traffic congestion persists only inside Makati, if any, though).
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:54 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
from T3 to Makati, i experience not being charged skyway fees, but is it also the same the other way around?

if so, transportation to this hotel to Makati CBD will be very convenient!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.