Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Manila Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Thanks to scubaccr for the info (as of Dec 1st 2016)

o If you have lounge access you will be given room in new West Tower, So do not use East entrance or east checkin desk.

o don't use original main entrance to East Reception,
o Enter by car at same main security entrance
BUT
o Circle round and keep going to West Entrance
o have car/taxi carry on round "internal Marriott Road" to access next Marriott entrance at the West Tower Reception
(If you carry on round the public road, security guy won't let you into Marriott through second set of entrance barrier from the road ! (I tried 4pm today, 7th Jan))

Reason
o West Tower reception and elevators is quite some walk from East Tower checkin, and is on a lower level, and early December the escalator was not working so had to hump suitcases down stairs at end of inter-hotel East-West walk
o west tower entrance (similar to East entrance) once reached, hasextenal xray screening machine to screen all guest luggage before entry to hotel.

As it was explained to me, guests can accompany the elite member into the lounge for a meeting or to relax, but only 1 guest per elite member can take advantage of dining options, and this is strictly enforced during breakfast. Additional guests can dine for an up charge, fees listed below.

Executive lounge hours:
Open from 6a - 12mid every day
Breakfast - 6a - 10:30a (1000php for additional guests)
Afternoon tea - 2:30p - 5p (750php for additional guests)
Hors D'oeuvres - 5:30p - 7:30p (1500php for additional guests)
Evening Snacks - 7:30p - 9:30p (1500php for additional guests)
Print Wikipost

Manila Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by kevino
Their ug for golds and plats is to a view of the golf course.

The airport shuttle now picks up at the island (across the first little street)after you exit customs. It's no longer at the curb where the shuttle to T2,
T3, and T4 stops.
Thanks. They offer a car service for PHP 1200, but unless you're outside of normal hours or are in a real hurry, the shuttle seems the best way to go.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT
Not much to add here...

I can confirm I got a room with a view of the golf course on both my stays. The CL staff were exceptionally attentive (by east coast US standards) AND they said they were open at weekends.

Check-in was in the CL so no lines. They can also change money in the CL at a reasonable rate so you never have to use the hotel car and can use the very cheap taxis.

I didn't eat in the restaurant (I assume they have one). Room service was speedy but as all i wanted was an omelette, I can't comment on food quality.

I'd rate this hotel as better than the regular FS in the US (excepting Marquis and JW and the amazing San Mateo Marriott) however many stars you feel those are worth.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
anyone have an e-mail contact for this (Manila Marriott) property?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:30 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
anyone have an e-mail contact for this (Manila Marriott) property?
I used to contact [email protected] and [email protected]
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Quesion about MNL property

A will be staying at the Marriott in Manilla. Any tips? How is the complementary breakfast?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:32 am
Suspended

there is an existing thread on this hotel which may answer all your questions
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post18735199

Originally Posted by spamkiller
A will be staying at the Marriott in Manilla. Any tips? How is the complementary breakfast?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 1:06 pm

Stayed here for one night last month on the way to Negros. Had booked 2 rooms with 3 people specified in each room. Have platinum status. At check in was told that lounge access was only for 1 room and only for 2 people in the room. Thought this was rather cheap. I can understand not getting access for the 2nd room since that is not a guaranteed benefit but to exclude the 3rd person seems petty.

Lounge access for the 2nd room would have cost PHP 4000 (again for only 2 people). Lounge Breakfast only would cost PHP 1000 for the additional person.

This was the only hotel on this trip that imposed this restriction. I am happy to report that all other hotels (SPG and Hyatt) on this trip provided lounge access for both rooms (Sheraton Imperial KL, Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, Westin Guam, HR Tokyo). On my return to Manila I went with the Hyatt where both rooms were given lounge access.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 4:19 pm
Suspended

actually, the prop could have told you that ONLY the plat member is provided lounge access, although most, but not all props allow a guest also booked into the same room as the plat member lounge access as well, so for this prop to limit you to yourself + 1 was in excess of what they are required to do AND to limit lounge access to ONE room in which the plat member is staying is ALSO w/i the rules of Marriott, even those with "platimnum" status!!!

if you're not happy with the way this or any other Marriott prop treats you, you can continue to use SPG & or Hyatt as you did, but trying to get 6-folks into the lounge so that all can get drinks/snacks in the evening and free breakfast the following morning is not "petty" by the hotel, but IMO trying to take advantage of the hotel, so the hotel wasn't being petty or cheap, but someone else certainly was.........

Originally Posted by acnev
Stayed here for one night last month on the way to Negros. Had booked 2 rooms with 3 people specified in each room. Have platinum status. At check in was told that lounge access was only for 1 room and only for 2 people in the room. Thought this was rather cheap. I can understand not getting access for the 2nd room since that is not a guaranteed benefit but to exclude the 3rd person seems petty.

Lounge access for the 2nd room would have cost PHP 4000 (again for only 2 people). Lounge Breakfast only would cost PHP 1000 for the additional person.

This was the only hotel on this trip that imposed this restriction. I am happy to report that all other hotels (SPG and Hyatt) on this trip provided lounge access for both rooms (Sheraton Imperial KL, Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, Westin Guam, HR Tokyo). On my return to Manila I went with the Hyatt where both rooms were given lounge access.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
but trying to get 6-folks into the lounge so that all can get drinks/snacks in the evening and free breakfast the following morning is not "petty" by the hotel,
You didn't read my post correctly. I wasn't trying to get all 6 folks into the lounge. My point was that for the 1 room that has lounge access to limit it to only 2 folks v/s the 3 in the room was petty. I wonder if everyone else on this board thinks that lounge access for a plat is only for the the plat member and not for the other guest in the room.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I wonder if everyone else on this board thinks that lounge access for a plat is only for the the plat member and not for the other guest in the room.
There's been a lot of debate on this & there's not really a definitive answer - other than your mileage may vary, according to property.

Marriott T&C says the Gold/Elite gets access to exec lounge. It doesn't specify guests as well, nor does it says member only.

Some properties will allow the Gold/Elite only, some will allow the Gold/Elite + 1 guest, some will allow all in the room, some will allow the Gold/Elite + 1 guest & then a discount on charge for additional guest, such as 50% off.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:17 pm
Suspended

------ deleted ---

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There's been a lot of debate on this & there's not really a definitive answer - other than your mileage may vary, according to property.

Marriott T&C says the Gold/Elite gets access to exec lounge. It doesn't specify guests as well, nor does it says member only.

Some properties will allow the Gold/Elite only, some will allow the Gold/Elite + 1 guest, some will allow all in the room, some will allow the Gold/Elite + 1 guest & then a discount on charge for additional guest, such as 50% off.

Cheers.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Aug 14, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:19 pm
Suspended

your entire post is a rant over other props giving all 6 of you lounge access with benees, like breakfast, and now your position is your weren't complaining? I think you should re-read your post, not me............

You didn't read my post correctly. I wasn't trying to get all 6 folks into the lounge. My point was that for the 1 room that has lounge access to limit it to only 2 folks v/s the 3 in the room was petty.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum

I was there 7/31/2012 to 8/2/2012. I had no problem with 3 people with access to the lounge (the 3rd person was a 5 y/o). The welcomed her for the breakfast buffet too.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Now that's what I call recognition

Just arrived at the Manila Marriott.

Apart from being met at the entrance and taken straight to the room for check in, which was different, they came up with the ultimate guest recognition.

Someone just came to the room for turndown, bringing with him a bathrobe with my name embroidered in bold red letters above the Marriott Manila logo.

I am assuming its mine to take home, and I think it's rather cool.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
That is a VERY nice surprise! I wonder who owns that hotel and why they go that far above and beyond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.