Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Marriott SPG comparison

Flews, you raise an interesting point.......

The best available rates for next Sat June 10 are:
Marriott - $142
Gateway - $170
this Sheraton - $138
Westin - $128
I would opt for the Westin (best rate, Plat status). There is no way I would stay at the Sheraton if the lounge is closed.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Flews, you raise an interesting point.......

The best available rates for next Sat June 10 are:
Marriott - $142
Gateway - $170
this Sheraton - $138
Westin - $128
I would opt for the Westin (best rate, Plat status). There is no way I would stay at the Sheraton if the lounge is closed.
If the lounge is open this Sheraton is probably a better deal. I'd call ahead to confirm though. My weekend closure may have been a one-off. I don't mind the Westin, but it's getting tired. Don't forget there are some 4-points, Fairfield's and Coutyards in this area too if you just need a room for the night.

Cheers,
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:24 am

recommendation

Over the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend, I found this property for $112 CAD on spghotescapes. As a result, it has gone to the top of my list for SPG stays at YYZ.

My suite upgrade cleared with a two room unit on the 7th. The Plat amenity was a bottle of Bardot mineral water and a choco & nut tray. The front desk offered to comp parking. The lounge (on the 8th) has been completely renovated and updated.............c/w views of the tarmac. Evening hors d'oeuvres incl. chicken wings, cheese, fruit and veggies, two desserts, canned sodas and specialty coffees. Brekkie in the am included hot and cold options, juices, smoked salmon & ok bagels. Newspaper options incl. WSJ & the G&M. I greatly miss Orlando but really, the renovated lounge is a big improvement over its former self.

To be sure, the property is located on the flight path, so light sleepers need to take note. On the other hand, YYZ has a nightly curfew which seems to work?

Perhaps the biggest weakness is the Sheraton Fitness (small) and the indoor pool (old). The airport shuttle (complimentary) has also been a weakness for prior stays. This time, I did not use it.

Is this the best SPG value at YYZ? Perhaps. It is certainly nicer than the Westin, but I haven't stayed (yet) at the Marriott.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:53 pm

Over the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend, I found this property for $112 CAD on spghotescapes. As a result, it has gone to the top of my list for SPG stays at YYZ.

My suite upgrade cleared with a two room unit on the 7th. The Plat amenity was a bottle of Bardot mineral water and a choco & nut tray. The front desk offered to comp parking. The lounge (on the 8th) has been completely renovated and updated.............c/w views of the tarmac. Evening hors d'oeuvres incl. chicken wings, cheese, fruit and veggies, two desserts, canned sodas and specialty coffees. Brekkie in the am included hot and cold options, juices, smoked salmon & ok bagels. Newspaper options incl. WSJ & the G&M. I greatly miss Orlando but really, the renovated lounge is a big improvement over its former self.

To be sure, the property is located on the flight path, so light sleepers need to take note. On the other hand, YYZ has a nightly curfew which seems to work?

Perhaps the biggest weakness is the Sheraton Fitness (small) and the indoor pool (old). The airport shuttle (complimentary) has also been a weakness for prior stays. This time, I did not use it.

Is this the best SPG value at YYZ? Perhaps. It is certainly nicer than the Westin, but I haven't stayed (yet) at the Marriott.
The free parking saves a few bucks. It's a shame they closed the hot tub in the pool area. Fun to watch the planes fly right overhead though. I miss Orlando too.

Continues to be pretty good value when there aren't conventions or trade shows on the airport strip. Same with the new Delta reflag across from the congress centre, which I intend to try shortly.

Cheers,
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:50 pm

FYI... The Club Lounge on 8th floor will be closing later this year. It will converted into meeting space. I don't have an exact date but was told it will happen sometime after Summer.

Replacing the Club Lounge, the hotel will be converting space on the main floor next to the restaurant Olio where a full buffet breakfast will be offered along with complimentary coffee, tea, snacks throughout the day. In the evenings hot and cold appetizers will be provided by the restaurant as-well.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Too bad to hear about the lounge moving. And surprising too, that place was redone top to bottom only a couple of years ago. One of the more modern lounges out there. Hopefully the new setup on the main floor keeps a nice spread like they used to have upstairs. It's one of my favourite YYZ properties. Staying there this Saturday night actually...
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:43 am

Question when closing/moving?

Originally Posted by OMCA
Too bad to hear about the lounge moving. And surprising too, that place was redone top to bottom only a couple of years ago. One of the more modern lounges out there. Hopefully the new setup on the main floor keeps a nice spread like they used to have upstairs. It's one of my favourite YYZ properties. Staying there this Saturday night actually...
Can you try and get a better idea when the lounge is closing on the 8th? & when the replacement lounge will be open? Thx.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:28 pm

Can you try and get a better idea when the lounge is closing on the 8th? & when the replacement lounge will be open? Thx.
There is no set date only that it will happen in 4th quarter of this year. My guess would be October when the hotel is not as busy.
Old May 21, 2022, 2:40 pm

Curious of anyone has had a stay here recently? Will be doing a quick one night stop over and have never tried this one out or the Delta - Not sure which one to try and/or who treats Plats better
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Can someone please tell me if it is realistically feasible to walk from this hotel to the airport?
Looking on a map, it is very close however not sure is feasible with road/ramp layouts etc.
It is $150 less than Gateway so would prefer to stay there and not be waiting for shuttles, plus I love to walk
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by taupo
Can someone please tell me if it is realistically feasible to walk from this hotel to the airport?
Looking on a map, it is very close however not sure is feasible with road/ramp layouts etc.
It is $150 less than Gateway so would prefer to stay there and not be waiting for shuttles, plus I love to walk
The short answer is "no". Even if you walked the considerable distance along Dixon Road to the airport access roads, most of those don't have sidewalks and are not at all pedestrian-friendly. It's also further than it looks on a map. Consider the Four Points on airport property, which is walkable.
imverge and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:53 am

I have never stayed at this hotel so thought I would give it a go for a quick one night stay..........actually very pleased with my choice!
Shuttle bus arrived on schedule at Terminal 1 - This was the only negative (and not really a negative) was that the driver was so unpleasant it wasn't even funny . Oh well, he got me there and that is all that mattered.
Upon arrival was greeted immediately from a very nice and pleasant front desk clerk - acknowledged status and was pre-upgraded upon arrival to an executive suite. Not sure if they actually have a lounge here or it was closed - honestly cannot remember. Nonetheless they have a little pantry closed off beside the desk and she said we can have whatever we want from pop, water and a bunch of snacks.
We arrived late and were interested in a drink in the bar which was closing in about 20 minutes. We put our stuff in the room and came back down - I asked the bartender if we have time and he was super nice! He said no worries whatsoever he will make sure we get a drink - I had two .
The hotel itself and rooms definitely are aged and specifically the bathrooms/tubs need an update. We were still very happy with the choice and had a great sleep. I found all the staff extremely friendly and can't count how many times I was acknowledges as a lowly Plat!
The breakfast was very good as well or all you need anyway as breakfast goes. The waitress to the chef cooking some eggs were also extremely friendly!
Especially for the price point in the area as hotels right from the 4 Points are ridiculously priced............I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.