Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by seks
There will only be two of us but we will have 1 luggage each. So which Marriot property do you guys recommend outside of downtown and has resonable parking and perhaps other stuff nearby, but we can easily catch public transport to pike place, etc?

Guess I'll ask about Hilton properties in the Hilton forum
There are many overnight parking places around downtown Seattle for cheaper. Check this site. With that said, if you are just going to Seattle for tourism I would recommend looking into Fremont and Ballard. It's only one bus away from pike place (although at some 20 to 40 min depending on your exact location and time of day) and each neighbourhood has many attractions of their own. You can even drive between them and find street parking. Just don't try to cross any bridges during rush hour.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have not stayed there, but there's a brand new Residence Inn by the Angle Lake Station at the end of the (airport) light rail line.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have not stayed there, but there's a brand new Residence Inn by the Angle Lake Station at the end of the (airport) light rail line.
I've decided to take your advice. Booked 2 nites there using Marriot points. Doesn't seem like they have separate beds configuration for rooms, just king size bed but no big deal. We will take the train to pike market area and spend the day there and around that area.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've decided to take your advice. Booked 2 nites there using Marriot points. Doesn't seem like they have separate beds configuration for rooms, just king size bed but no big deal. We will take the train to pike market area and spend the day there and around that area.
My office is not too far from this property. Do not expect an exceptional location or views. It is what it is, even if the property itself is nice. The area is reasonably safe, especially on the main road (Int'l Blvd), but not without its issues. Using your normal urban environment precautions will be sufficient. That said, I'd feel more safe in that area late at night that I do when I'm around Pike Market after 9pm.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
My office is not too far from this property. Do not expect an exceptional location or views. It is what it is, even if the property itself is nice. The area is reasonably safe, especially on the main road (Int'l Blvd), but not without its issues. Using your normal urban environment precautions will be sufficient. That said, I'd feel more safe in that area late at night that I do when I'm around Pike Market after 9pm.
Stayed there from Apr 19-21. Decent size clean room with a kitchen, king size bed, and pull out couch. Even though the room we got is backed on to the lake, can't see much because of the trees blocking the view. We do however had a view of Mt Rainier. SEATAC is close by but I didn't hear any airplane jet engine noises at night.

Breakfast had a great selection of hot and cold food except they don't serve bacon! Must be too expensive for the property to serve it? There are a couple of waffle makers too.

Complimentary enhanced internet if you are gold elite and above. We didn't check out the pool or any other amneities.

10 min walk to the train station. Long ride though to Pike...think about ~30 min but seem like an eternity.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It is a good half hour trip. I usually listen to an audiobook, sometimes watch a video.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:56 pm

I stayed at the Angle Lake Residence Inn back in July and was mostly pleased. It was very new and was still working out the new-hotel glitches. We did have a lake-view room and like @seks, the view was somewhat obstructed. Internet was very unreliable when we were there, so much so that they couldn't even properly check us in on the first day. They have a small bar and a rooftop sitting area that overlooks the lake. Laundry facilities were very nice. The only real things I didn't like were the round-bowl toilets instead of elongated and the "energy saving" thermostat shuts down when you leave, and the room is terribly humid when you first return.

There's also a nice park within walking distance from the hotel. Also, if your work takes you there, it's walking distance to the Alaska Airlines HQ.

Overall, this hotel's on our office's recommend list.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Thoughts on SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown vs Renaissance Madison Street?
Old May 7, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Thoughts on SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown vs Renaissance Madison Street?
Just stayed a couple days at the Renaissance Madison Street. Front desk staff were able to shorten my stay when Marriott call centre agents were not. Mobile key worked for the first night on my Android phone, I had to get it reset the second day. Room was nice, though the work area right beside the air conditioner was a little noisy. Took advantage of the complimentary overnight shoe shine, though I did have to call at 6:15am as my shoes were not outside my room when I woke. The bar has limited food options, but a good drink selection. Will definitely stay again.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at the SeaTac Residence Inn last night for the first time, so just wanted to address a couple of the points raised up thread...

The bar is located off the lobby, in a sort of "giant nook". I asked the clerk at check out whether there was another bar on the roof, to which he was fairly adamant that the one on the ground floor is the only one. I had never been to a Residence Inn Mix night before as I usually travel on weekends; they offer complimentary house wine or draft beer, along with the food which was a make your own bratwurst sandwich with bags of chips as well. Reminded me a lot of IHG Staybridge's reception nights.

Got the room I booked on points, a king Studio, which was fine for one person and very quiet. At check-in I was warned about the electricity needing the override in the slot so everyone gets two cards; moreover, in the room there was a third dummy card specifically to keep in the slot as well. Power outlets galore!

There was no bacon at breakfast, the meat choices were either pork or turkey sausage. I was both puzzled and amused that the juice dispenser claimed (implied) that the apple juice was from Florida! Food service area was rather cramped, but there was plenty of seating for everyone.

Shuttle was ready when I arrived at the desk, and I was at the airport no more than 10 minutes after getting into the van. The woman staffing the check-in desk didn't seem the friendliest, but the rest of the staff I encountered made up for that.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
RANK the Bonvoy properties of Seattle

Hey!

Looking to go to Seattle for a two night stay in the fall, before heading to a football game in Eugene. I have never been to Seattle before. Looking for a hotel that's central and provides easy access to all the tourist sights. It looks like none of the Bonvoy options in Seattle would qualify as "luxury" but I need a few Bonvoy nights to requal, so I will sadly have to pick one. What are the most comfortable options? If you could rank your top-3 in order it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Hey!

Looking to go to Seattle for a two night stay in the fall, before heading to a football game in Eugene. I have never been to Seattle before. Looking for a hotel that's central and provides easy access to all the tourist sights. It looks like none of the Bonvoy options in Seattle would qualify as "luxury" but I need a few Bonvoy nights to requal, so I will sadly have to pick one. What are the most comfortable options? If you could rank your top-3 in order it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
(1) Renaissance, (2) Westin, (3) W, (4) Sheraton. Purely subjective. My preference would always be the Ren. Marriott Waterfront is a good location, but not anywhere close to cracking a top three properties in Seattle.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Looking at a stay in the Seattle/Bellevue area in March. We've stayed at the Westin Bellevue quite a bit, but for our dates downtown Seattle rates are actually comparable. Also, our last stay wasn't the most impressive and I'm open to trying another property (sadly, now that I've gotten to Platinum I find myself wanting to requalify rather than go for the Four Seasons or something. Damn loyalty programmes...). We've tried the W Seattle in the past and didn't like the bed. Are any of the other Bonvoy properties in Seattle as good as, or better than, the Westin Bellevue? In particular, the Renaissance has a rate that's cheaper than the Westin Bellevue after including parking. Which of the hotels would you rather stay at if they cost within a few dollars of each other?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ren is well-located, with decent rooms. They do a good job upgrading elites from basic cheaper rate rooms booked, though not actual suites. Breakfast on weekend is full buffet in restaurant, tip included, no copay. Haven't been to their lounge in a while, but recall it's having been pretty nice.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Haven't been to their lounge in a while, but recall it's having been pretty nice.
Was closed for renovations 2 weeks ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.