Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
SeaTac Marriott - 2018 Renovations

SeaTac Marriott - 2018 Renovations (0 Photo)

Review in Expert Hotel reviews

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews/1912597-renovations-going-better-but-not-best.html#post29827106 

SeaTac Marriott - 2018 Renovations

Would you like to write a review on the ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Seeking Seattle recommendations

I'm considering visiting Seattle for the first time this summer and would like to book a Bonvoy property using points. It looks like the Renaissance, Westin, Sheraton Grand, W and Courtyard are all available.

I'm looking for a central, walk-able (not too hilly) location, as I will not have a car. Lounge would be nice, but not a deal-breaker, I'm more concerned about choosing a good property in the best possible location.

I've been reading reviews online but would love some FT recommendations.

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Yes
Stayed at Westin and W.

Westin is better located than W.

Westin did some renovations recently and has a separate elite check-in queue. Their concierge was helpful and staff all around great. The Westin suites have stunning views.

W has the younger vibe and nice bar and open lobby, but the rooms left much to be desired. Even the Extreme WoW Suite had a tiny shower head attached to the wall at a lower than average height (no overhead) and no towel hooks. The service was poor too.

I would recommend avoiding the W, unless that is your vibe.

Last edited by anteater; Mar 21, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I had a great time staying across the water in the Marriott Bellevue, the area is so much cleaner than Seattle (so much dirtier than I remembered, and more bums than ever before). Maybe I'm just telling myself this to justify cheaping out of the sky-high rates downtown during the summer.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Stayed at Westin and W.

Westin is better located than W.

Westin did some renovations recently and has a separate elite check-in queue. Their concierge was helpful and staff all around great. The Westin suites have stunning views.

W has the younger vibe and nice bar and open lobby, but the rooms left much to be desired. Even the Extreme WoW Suite had a tiny shower head attached to the wall at a lower than average height (no overhead) and no towel hooks. The service was poor too.

I would recommend avoiding the W, unless that is your vibe.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I'm leaning towards booking the Westin or the Sheraton. A younger vibe isn't my thing at all.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Another consideration in favor of he Westin or Sheraton is your "not too hilly" criterion. As you go south from the Sheraton, the hill down to the water gets increasingly steep. It's a bit of a workout going up from the water to the W.
ShopAround likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by jest4_91
I was wondering if anybody can give me some feedback on the Renaissance Madison Hotel in Seattle. Or if any of the other Marriott brand hotel might be better suited based on the location. I plan on using points for the room so the price isn't a determining factor. There are three of us girls going for a weeeknd so we will be doing the usual tourist stuff (Any stuff that we absolutely have to do?).
I recently had a one night stay at this hotel checking in late evening and out again the following day quite late. I have to say the staff were fantastic to deal with. As an Ambassador member they upgraded me to a corner suite on one of the top floors but it wasn't much to write home about. I was traveling solo so didn't mind anyway. Location is great and allowed me to take a nice long walk around the following day and explore. I did find the air con units very loud in the room and the rooms while clean could do with a renovation. The only thing that would stop me going back is even on the top floor the street noise was crazy. Not sure if there was a seal broken or something in my window and I have never had an issue with noise before at any hotel as I am not a light sleeper. That would make me choose another property next time, but I might just have been unlucky. They were very accommodating giving me a 7pm check out when requested, great team there.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:56 am

I'm looking at staying at a Marriot property for 2 nights. One issue I'm trying to deal with is parking. I know, for example, Sheraton Grand Seattle, charges $57 usd (!) per day day for onsite parking. I don't supposed there are public parking lots around that area that charges significantly less?

I guess it's a give and take. I would like to stay within walking distance to Pike Place but if there are better options (it's the parking that I'm worried about), let me know what you guys suggest in terms of a Marriot property.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by seks
I'm looking at staying at a Marriot property for 2 nights. One issue I'm trying to deal with is parking. I know, for example, Sheraton Grand Seattle, charges $57 usd (!) per day day for onsite parking. I don't supposed there are public parking lots around that area that charges significantly less?

I guess it's a give and take. I would like to stay within walking distance to Pike Place but if there are better options (it's the parking that I'm worried about), let me know what you guys suggest in terms of a Marriot property.
I'm a bit confused here. Are you going to be driving to Seattle with your own car, so parking is an essential component? Or, are you planning on flying in, and possibly renting a optional car?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm a bit confused here. Are you going to be driving to Seattle with your own car, so parking is an essential component? Or, are you planning on flying in, and possibly renting a optional car?
My own car. Coming from Vancouver.

I'd like to have in/out priviledge. I may have to stay outside of that area if needed. Just have to have to pay for parking to visit pike place and other attractions within walking distance from pike place.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Frankly, you might do better staying out near the airport and taking the train into town.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:58 pm

With Seattle traffic I endorse parking at the airport. You won’t need the car downtown and the light rail ride is cheap, frequent and easy. Scenic ride too.

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyingmike
With Seattle traffic I endorse parking at the airport. You won’t need the car downtown and the light rail ride is cheap, frequent and easy. Scenic ride too.

Mike
I just came back from Seattle, and I can vouch for how bad the traffic was during rush hour by the waterfront. Parking is crazy expensive, how much does it cost for you to catch a train down from Vancouver? If you don't have kids and not a lot of luggage and you want to stay in the city, I would actually do that.

Driving in/commuting from outside might not be too bad, especially if you avoid rush hour, but if you plan on just doing sights within downtown, I would probably just take the train to the King Street Station. Uber or public transit your way to your hotel and then just do things via walking or taking buses. There is now a shuttle called a "waterfront shuttle" that is actually sponsored by the Seattle Parking people. There are two loops, one from Seattle Center to the International District via the waterfront. There is a transfer loop that runs from Waterfront up by Pike Place to I5 and circles back. It is free and runs about every 20 minutes.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Frankly, you might do better staying out near the airport and taking the train into town.

Originally Posted by flyingmike

Mike
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I just came back from Seattle, and I can vouch for how bad the traffic was during rush hour by the waterfront. Parking is crazy expensive, how much does it cost for you to catch a train down from Vancouver? If you don't have kids and not a lot of luggage and you want to stay in the city, I would actually do that.

Driving in/commuting from outside might not be too bad, especially if you avoid rush hour, but if you plan on just doing sights within downtown, I would probably just take the train to the King Street Station. Uber or public transit your way to your hotel and then just do things via walking or taking buses. There is now a shuttle called a "waterfront shuttle" that is actually sponsored by the Seattle Parking people. There are two loops, one from Seattle Center to the International District via the waterfront. There is a transfer loop that runs from Waterfront up by Pike Place to I5 and circles back. It is free and runs about every 20 minutes.

There will only be two of us but we will have 1 luggage each. So which Marriot property do you guys recommend outside of downtown and has resonable parking and perhaps other stuff nearby, but we can easily catch public transport to pike place, etc?

Guess I'll ask about Hilton properties in the Hilton forum
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by seks
There will only be two of us but we will have 1 luggage each. So which Marriot property do you guys recommend outside of downtown and has resonable parking and perhaps other stuff nearby, but we can easily catch public transport to pike place, etc?

Guess I'll ask about Hilton properties in the Hilton forum
When I used to stay at the Ren, 6th & Madison, I would park on the street overnight or in a lot across I-5 and two blocks up Madison. I don’t know the current price, but three years ago it was reasonable (~$20/day). I find lots across I-5 (on First Hill) to be much cheaper than on the downtown side of I-5. Parking at the hotel will be the most expensive option. If your trip will be over a weekend, don’t worry too much about rush hour. There will be big city traffic, but rush hour misery won’t be as prevalent. I’m assuming you won’t move your car once you’ve arrived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.