Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Awesome! Thanks for the link! Very familiar with Stouffers (Grew up in Cleveland - near Solon where they are HQ'd). I'd quite disagree with that post as the rooms are renovated and the lobby and restaurants look great.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I'm staying at the REN in October and this thread is making me want to switch to the WF Marriott instead. I'm staying with my wife on vacation so I want to make sure we have fun walking and seeing the touristy places.

I had picked the REN because the rate I got is very good plus I had read that it was the most generous with the upgrades. However, people here rave about the WF and its convenience to all the local places. Problem is that the WF is almost double the rate I got at the REN. Decisions decisions.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by living near shamu
I'm staying at the REN in October and this thread is making me want to switch to the WF Marriott instead. I'm staying with my wife on vacation so I want to make sure we have fun walking and seeing the touristy places.

I had picked the REN because the rate I got is very good plus I had read that it was the most generous with the upgrades. However, people here rave about the WF and its convenience to all the local places. Problem is that the WF is almost double the rate I got at the REN. Decisions decisions.
Unless you're talking a major resort or something else spectacular to justify something being almost double, I'd go w/ the Ren. You can still do the walking/touristy things, and if something's a bit far, cabs are cheap

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

The WF Marriott IS closer to the touristy things. But they are still walkable from the Ren. No way would I pay twice the $$$ for the former.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
At the Renaissance now, and usually stay here. Great hotel.

There is indeed a CL (earlier post asked the question) which they leave open for beverages when otherwise closed. The lounge gets very crowded in the mornings (no seats!) but they keep the food well stocked including eggs/bacon/sausage + the usual fruit/cold stuff. We've always been given breakfast coupons on weekends and holidays (when CL is closed) without asking.

Easy walk to Westlake/shopping district, and right across the street from the "new" library.

Great view lounge on the top floor - usually pretty quiet but with a decent happy hour and amazing views over the sound and north to the Space Needle.

We have found the Ren to usually be significantly cheaper than the Marriott, and well worth it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:40 pm

Thanks!

I never cancelled my ressie to the REN so I'll keep it. Last 3 posts made me feel better about it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:57 pm

I did a trip report on my stay at SEA Ren last year, which includes pics.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-7-2010-a.html

Cheers.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
SEA Ren is one of my regulars. Staying there in two weeks. Sadly, I knew where all SkiAdcock's pictures were taken. I'll pick the Ren any day.

Pros: Safeco access, First Hill, plenty of restaurants in walking distance, LightLink Rail access, nice CL

Cons: Hard to get the govt rate, Hills coming or going,
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
SEA Ren is one of my regulars. Staying there in two weeks. Sadly, I knew where all SkiAdcock's pictures were taken. I'll pick the Ren any day.

Pros: Safeco access, First Hill, plenty of restaurants in walking distance, LightLink Rail access, nice CL

Cons: Hard to get the govt rate, Hills coming or going,
+1 on everything, including the Fed rate - but it's not easy at the WF either.

I prefer the Ren for the neighborhood "downhill" to the west and actually don't mind walking up those elevations on the way back after work - most of my business is nearby. The WF is great for access to the Market but in good weather it's a longer - but not a bad - walk from the Ren. Never saw the need to cab it back and forth if I wasn't in business attire and it wasn't raining.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:29 pm

One tidbit that may push me towards getting some cabs to move around: wife had arthroscopic knee surgery in may, still feels some pain when walking long distances. I will be a bit leery of the dreaded hill but won't cancel ressie :-)
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:31 pm

Btw is it worth it to rent a car in SEA from a tourist's point of view? Is a quick drive to Vancouver recommended?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:20 pm

Btw is it worth it to rent a car in SEA from a tourist's point of view? Is a quick drive to Vancouver recommended?
If you're going to be primarily in Seattle, no it's not worth it to rent a car, especially given garage rates.

If you're going to go to Vancouver, it's not a 'day trip' - ie, you should stay overnight & enjoy Vancouver. If you decide you want to go to Vancouver (or anywhere else that requires a car), then rent one just for the day/trip.

Cheers.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
While at the Ren , if I have a car, I park across I-5 in a lot that costs $7 for the overnight. But the conditions are in after 5 pm and out before 7 am. Fine for my work needs but probably not suitable for vacations. Taking the Link Light Rail from the airport will negate all need for a car if staying downtown.

Yes, I am known at work for being very frugal with travel expenses. I've even done public transit from downtown to Renton. Rental cars can be very expensive at times. Like during the Olympics.

One backup alternative that I've had to do only once is the downtown Springhill Suites. While not even in the same discussion with WF and Ren, a passable accommodation with better parking rates. And there is an incredible corned beef sandwich shop a block away. But that's for another forum.

And my last off topic comment is, if you have any interest at all in soccer - go see a Sounders game if they're playing. The Ren can sometimes find seats but I have had better luck with scalpers.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention that the rate I got at the REN included parking, so I'm not too worried about that. Let me give you an idea of why I ask for car stuff.

A few years ago I had to be in town for training. Used a rental and took my wife and our then-1yos on a ferry to see the lighthouse. Now, after a few years have passed, we want to go back alone and enjoy a few days there as a couple. So knowing this, and the fact that we like to visit interesting things (like Mt Rainier?) is there anything else worth visiting that's not in the downtown area?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Don't know how long you staying in Seattle, but there is a lot to visit near Seattle that is not in the downtown area.

Victoria, BC and Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island are beautiful.

Snoqualmie Falls is another beautiful location that is a about an hour east on I-90 from downtown Seattle.

Mt. Rainer is great place to visit, but depending on when you are traveling in Oct., some of the roads at the higher elevations may be closed. Also, there is a lot to see there, so a day might not do it justice.

Something else to keep in mind, October and November are typically some of the wetter months in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, so pack and plan your day trips accordingly.

Regards,

RIP...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.