Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
I was very happy with my 2007 stay at this wonderful hotel. I would stay there again. The lounge was very nice and the view was great. We also stayed at the Hyatt for a few nights to use a reward night which was nice but I prefer the Marriott Waterfront. I think it was worth the money compared to the Ren.

Have a great trip.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 8:20 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Have had the pleasure of staying at the Seattle WF Marriott both before and after Alaska cruises the past two summers and highly recommend this property. As noted by others if one is up for walking then the location is superb. We hiked to Pikes Place for breakfast every morning and revelled in the great people watching there. I'd recommend doing without a car as valet charges are high and one can get around better on foot. Just have an umbrella with you!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Have stayed in both - Seattle WF 4 times and Ren Madison once, if that gives you a clue. Been upgraded to club floor at the WF on silver status. The WF has such easy access to Pike Street market, the sculpture park, aquarium, etc, and the views are great.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 3:10 pm

I've stayed at the Ren. Liked it, although kind of pricy. The WF has great views, but if you intend to do serious walking, I might avoid it. Those hills by the waterfront can be brutal!! If you only intend to head to the waterfront (pikes place, etc) once or twice, then stay at the Ren.

I usually stay at the Sheraton on 6th Ave and have had great experiences and outstanding rooms. If you have Starwood status and you're open to not doing Marriott (not the point of the post, I know.......), I'd strongly consider there.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 5MM, Lifetime Marriott Titanium Platinum Elite
I've stayed at both and it's the Marriott WF hands down
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:53 pm

Just checked in to the WF. I am a Silver (was a Gold up until 12/31/08). Place seems convenient to everything - within walking distance. But not even recognition as a Silver or Elite or anything. Rather surprising for a full-service Marriott.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I stayed at the REN December 2006. Probably because the WF was much more expensive. It is on top of the hill, I recall going out to eat at the waterfront and they had a service that actually would deliver folks back to their hotels because of the walk uphill! We took advantage IIRC.

Great gym, great great CL (remember this is 2006). Nothing else remarkable.

We pretty much drove everywhere else having a rental. Pikes seemed closed early, before 5pm so we never saw it.

Take a very cheap ferry ride (compared to NY). Something like $15 including the car vs. $60 here for the same ride.

Also a trick with the space needle IIRC, its pricey, like $15pp or free with a $50 spend in the restaurant which can just be drinks and an app. Memory fuzzy, confirm all details.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by joshua362
I stayed at the REN December 2006. Probably because the WF was much more expensive. It is on top of the hill, I recall going out to eat at the waterfront and they had a service that actually would deliver folks back to their hotels because of the walk uphill! We took advantage IIRC.

Great gym, great great CL (remember this is 2006). Nothing else remarkable.

We pretty much drove everywhere else having a rental. Pikes seemed closed early, before 5pm so we never saw it.

Take a very cheap ferry ride (compared to NY). Something like $15 including the car vs. $60 here for the same ride.

Also a trick with the space needle IIRC, its pricey, like $15pp or free with a $50 spend in the restaurant which can just be drinks and an app. Memory fuzzy, confirm all details.
what ferry in ny is 60$ the ferry in ny is free
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA: GS & 2MM, Marriott: Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium
I would pick the Waterfront over the REN any time. I used to travel to Seattle on business frequently and after only a few short visits the staff quickly got to know me and thus made my stays a bit more personal. The hotel itself is nicer, the rooms are much nicer, and the food is actually quite good (including the room service.)

I've stayed at the REN twice and found the rooms to be a bit too dated and the restaurant was somewhat lame during lunch.

Dollar for dollar I'd go with the WF.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:57 am

Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Any recent stays or recommendations regarding either? I have never stayed in downtown Seattle, so any information is greatly appreciated.

TIA -
Hey sophie,

Hope you'll like SEA whenever you come here.

I'll trade you SEA advice for any NC advice since I'm considering going to NC for a MR someday.

The FS MAR WF is the one I would recommend if you're going to SEA as a tourist. The location is great, especially during summer time, and is mid-way between the Space Needle and Pike's Place Market. It's also newer than the REN.

The REN is about 10 blocks from Pike's Place but it's pretty much on the southeastern edge of downtown SEA. The hotel is a bit older w/ a classical look (but not much) with good service. I would consider this to be a better business hotel as it's in the business district of downtown.

If you're planning on renting a car, this alone may be decision-maker. As mentioned by others, the MAR WF has only valet parking for $40 daily. The REN has daily parking for $28 and $32 for valet. However, depending on where you're going to or coming from each day, driving to/from the MAR WF can be a hassle compared to the REN. The REN is near the freeway so you can enter/leave the city fast. The MAR WF is a bit farther away from the freeway and during rush hour, traffic between the freeway and hotel is very congested. However, driving within the city is relatively smoother.

Hope this helps. If it does, I expect the favor returned in NC.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by cundo
Hey sophie,

Hope you'll like SEA whenever you come here.

If you're planning on renting a car, this alone may be decision-maker.

Hope this helps. If it does, I expect the favor returned in NC.
I loved it. Luckily I will have the opportunity to return several times a year...

The car thing was a partial decision maker - but the Hyatt in Bellevue was running a tremendous special ($55!!!) so I ended up there. ( AND free parking during the weekend.)

I will be more than happy to help you - I know the state quite well. Just ask!
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I loved it. Luckily I will have the opportunity to return several times a year...

The car thing was a partial decision maker - but the Hyatt in Bellevue was running a tremendous special ($55!!!) so I ended up there. ( AND free parking during the weekend.)

I will be more than happy to help you - I know the state quite well. Just ask!
Glad you made it. I didn't realize I was late responding.

If Bellevue was an option, should've let me know. The RI in downtown Bellevue (not Redmond/Bellevue) is brand new and looked appealing. They have the RI weekend offer through the end of the year: Stay any weekend night for $119 per night & get 50 bonus bucks.

However, it doesn't beat the Bellevue Hyatt for $55 per night (unless you are set on staying at a Marriott property). If I recall correctly, it is a brand new hotel in downtown Bellevue. Plus, very convenient to some good shopping.

Happy travels.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by cundo
Glad you made it. I didn't realize I was late responding.

If Bellevue was an option, should've let me know. The RI in downtown Bellevue (not Redmond/Bellevue) is brand new and looked appealing. They have the RI weekend offer through the end of the year: Stay any weekend night for $119 per night & get 50 bonus bucks.

However, it doesn't beat the Bellevue Hyatt for $55 per night (unless you are set on staying at a Marriott property). If I recall correctly, it is a brand new hotel in downtown Bellevue. Plus, very convenient to some good shopping.

Happy travels.

Since I will be back (and others certainily will benefit from your comments) I don't think you were late at all.

Bellevue was not an original option "tourist wise"; but became one "pocket book" wise. Really, really nice hotel with great service & an enjoyable CL - even on a $55 per night stay on the weekend.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
SEA Marriott Waterfront Hotel

My recent stay at the Marriott Waterfront in Seattle with my wife and son was disappointing from the service standpoint. First, it started with not being able to use MR points to cover for four nights. I could only have two nights covered, but not because of any blackout dates, just that no rooms were available for point usage. I am still trying to understand that explanation.

I got to the hotel around midnight. When checking in I inquired to the corner room I had requested and was told no corner rooms were available. I was given my room key and I asked if this was on the concierge level and was told that it was not and I did not have lounge access because I did not book a room on the level. I informed the individual I was a platinum member and was told it did not make any difference. I was not offered the Platinum Arrival Gift or whatever it is called upon my check-in. Also, when I got to the room there were feather pillows and my account info has a request always for foam pillows. I called down to the desk or to wherever the call goes to and was told that the hotel did not carry foam pillows.

The next morning I wrote a note to the hotel manager and was leaving it at the front desk when I overheard someone inquiring about corner rooms. The person was told that corner rooms were available and as a platinum member they should have been given one when they checked in last night. I didn’t want to move after unpacking, so I did not ask about a corner room for myself and family. My note to the hotel manager did mention that I was not given my MR Platinum Arrival gift and I did not have access to the concierge level. I also mentioned the issue with the foam pillows and then I left for the day.

Upon arriving back into my room at 7pm I had a card waiting under the door, a message on my phone, 4 foam pillows and a room that had yet to be serviced by housekeeping. The note included an apology and 4 free breakfast coupons. The voicemail message was from the hotel’s assistant manger offering an apology and notifying me that the $100 for not being offered the Platinum Arrival Gift would be posted to my bill as a credit. I called and asked about the room being serviced or just bringing me towels to get through the night. There is not a need to make the bed up as we do this in the morning before leaving the room. As the remainder of my stay was over the weekend, there was no need for lounge access except for Sunday evening, so I had to have my room key changed to allow access.

I had to leave the hotel at 4am to catch a flight home after my 4th night so the hotel invoice was not under my door. When I did receive the invoice via email, the $100 credit had not been posted.

After this stay, do you know my number one complaint about Marriott? It is that there is not always a Marriott property available for me to stay when I am on an assignment….laughing.

As an addition, I am PLT with 145 nights for the year and I never did hear from the hotel manager.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
Sounds like the night clerk is a dummy. I stayed here about a month ago using the 2-for-1 EEO and got upgraded to a corner Jr. suite as a gold. The lounge is pretty nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.