Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I'll be visiting Seattle for the weekend of 8/13 Fri-Sun. My normal go to would be to try the W Seattle as I've never been but wanted to get a sense of what would be good alternatives. Most of the hotels seem to be in the $250-$350 range per night.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I'll be visiting Seattle for the weekend of 8/13 Fri-Sun. My normal go to would be to try the W Seattle as I've never been but wanted to get a sense of what would be good alternatives. Most of the hotels seem to be in the $250-$350 range per night.
My sense is the Renaissance is a nicer hotel. I much prefer the location of the Sheraton but there's nothing special about any of these properties.
WillTravel4Food likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rogo
My sense is the Renaissance is a nicer hotel. I much prefer the location of the Sheraton but there's nothing special about any of these properties.
Agreed. Seattle is not Marriott's strong suit. While I'm fond of the Ren, it's nothing exceptional. I think now is a good time for most people to look beyond Marriott in Seattle to see what else is out there, and perhaps closer to where you'll want to be. Seattle has its fair share of small hotels and inns scattered through the neighborhoods.
rogo and eponymous_coward like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
The AAA rate at the Sheraton/Renaissance/W is usually somewhere around $180/night. These are the three I'd recommend staying at (in the order listed).

Of the downtown properties, the Sheraton has the best location (2 blocks from Westlake Station) in terms of access to touristy stuff, food, transit, etc.

Rooms at the Renaissance are nice, but awkwardly placed at the top of a hill overlooking the freeway. I've never stayed in the W, but I'm told the rooms are pretty similar in quality to the Ren. The location is slightly better, but not Sheraton level good.

Westin rooms are a bit dated -- I put some family up there recently and they disliked it (also they're not doing regular housekeeping). I would not recommend.
rogo likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by jimcoddington
All four of these Marriott Properties, Category 6, are within one mile of one another, so which one would you pick and why?
1. Renaissance Seattle Hotel
2. W Seattle
3. Sheraton Grand Seattle
4. The Westin Seattle
considering these same properties for a trip next month.

Location-wise the westin and sheraton are probably best for my meetings, with the Ren being the worst, but the difference isn't that big. I will have my significant other with me, and we'll put some value on breakfast and other titanium benefits. I tried calling and haven't gotten an answer at any of these properties (may try again later on off-hours).

Any *recent* experiences would be appreciated. It seems from tripadvisor reviews that the sheraton's lounge might possibly be open now but it's not 100% clear.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
considering these same properties for a trip next month.

Location-wise the westin and sheraton are probably best for my meetings, with the Ren being the worst, but the difference isn't that big. I will have my significant other with me, and we'll put some value on breakfast and other titanium benefits. I tried calling and haven't gotten an answer at any of these properties (may try again later on off-hours).

Any *recent* experiences would be appreciated. It seems from tripadvisor reviews that the sheraton's lounge might possibly be open now but it's not 100% clear.
I believe most of the lounges are closed. I usually stay at the waterfront or renaissance, but both of them said their lounges were closed when I called last week.

I'm going for a few weeks in September and I'd love to find one that has an open lounge.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jsimon926
I believe most of the lounges are closed. I usually stay at the waterfront or renaissance, but both of them said their lounges were closed when I called last week.

I'm going for a few weeks in September and I'd love to find one that has an open lounge.
I can confirm that the lounges are still closed at the Sheraton, Renaissance, and the Marriott Waterfront as of last week with no alternate amenities offered.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Chase Sapphire, Alaska
Recommendations for overnight near SEATAC? Next to airport not mandatory--will uber anywhere on the South side.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Buddy16
Recommendations for overnight near SEATAC? Next to airport not mandatory--will uber anywhere on the South side.
Airport Marriott. It's nothing great, but it has location and convenience. Walk to the Light Rail station. Take the elevator down to street level. walk up the street one block. Unless there's a mobility limitation or lots of luggage, you should be able to do the walk in 10-15 minutes.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Buddy16
Love the Four Points if you can snag one of the loft suites with an ocean view.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Had a couple of stays at the Renaissance Seattle this year and it's become our favorite in the area. Immediate surrounding area isn't the most exciting and there is some freeway noise, but we enjoy a good walk and it works well for us. I love the ability to book into the corner junior suites, which are true suites, for not a lot of extra $. On our most recent stay, we were in an XX14 on the northeast corner of the building with views of the bay and the Space Needle. Lounge was closed, but breakfast amenity was 2 entrees and 2 drinks. Service was super friendly and breakfast was excellent.

Grabbed dinner at the bar one night. Good vibe and nice food. We had bar food, but the legit entrees looked nice. Already considering a return visit.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:23 pm

Does anyone know if the lounge is open at the Renaissance (since the last/October post)? Or what the breakfast situation is like over there?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:46 am

Okay quick update for anyone looking to book the mid-tier/upscale properties:

The short version: if you value service (soft product) then go with the Ren for now. If you’d rather hard product, the Sheraton is the way to go.

Renaissance (Corner King Jr. Suite)
- Service is excellent. Staff is very friendly, made an effort to remember my name, sorted out a bunch of IT issues at the front desk, very personable
- Lounge is open (on 28th floor) with limited service (prepackaged snacks)
- Breakfast benefit offered without question or fuss for Guest + 1 Member in Hotel Restaurant,
- In my opinion, the property went above and beyond to deliver on breakfast (free $27 Crab Benedict for breakfast, yes please!)
- Room is reasonably well maintained, if a bit dated. Shower pressure is excellent, real glassware in room, easy to access outlets
- The bed is a bit springy, reminds me of some of the older Courtyard/Sheraton beds in smaller towns/cities
- Not all light fixtures tied to wall switches; had to hunt down how to turn the lights on and off (nightstand and floor lamp)
- Aveda toiletries in mini-bottles, imo the best toiletries in Marriott’s upscale tier (i.e. I prefer these over Westin/Sheraton/etc.)

Sheraton (Booked Base Room 1 King -> Platinum Upgrade to Deluxe 1 King City View High Floor)
- Checked in pretty late, front desk was very professional, not as friendly as the Renaissance, but friendly by Seattle standards
- Lounge is not open (on 32nd floor) — breakfast benefit offered in “breakfast room” on 32nd floor, presumably “converted” lounge?
- Room in Pike Tower appears recently renovated, some wear and tear in the bathroom, but room furnishings look modern and feel great
- Lousy water pressure; they’ve installed the low flow shower heads found across many other Marriott properties, like using a sprinkler
- Some outlets difficult to access, but difficult to compare against the suite
- No glassware, still shrink wrapped plastic cups
- bed is much better than the Renaissance (you don’t feel the mattress springs …)
- Well lit, plenty of lights to turn on and off as needed
- I don’t recognize the toiletry brand, but it’s been over 2 years since I’ve stayed in a Sheraton, seems nice enough

W was a bit out of reach at $154/night when I looked. Maybe another time. I hear their bathroom kinda sucks tho.
msNJV, erics2356, ryw and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Polytonic;[url=tel:33908874
33908874[/url]]
W was a bit out of reach at $154/night when I looked. Maybe another time. I hear their bathroom kinda sucks tho.
I would recommend against the W Seattle. I stayed in their nicest room once and the bathroom was laughable. No shower racks or hooks anywhere and while it was a medium-sized glass walk in shower, there was a tiny wall mounted spigot that I would expect to find at a budget motel next to WDW in Orlando.

W International hotels though.. well worth it.

🤙🏻
sabenser likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Would advise against the Waterfront Marriott unless you're staying for one night and proximity to the cruise terminal is your main objective. There is so much construction surrounding the hotel that access points to the main streets are closed and you are forced to go on an extremely roundabout direction to get to main city streets. There is also construction currently happening on the upper floors (6-8) but you could hear it as low as the main level. It was so bad during the day on the third floor I repositioned to the main floor to get some work done.

I will give credit to the night staff who worked very hard to find the best room for me. For some reason in her system my reservation showed arrival the next day so she didn't have any upgrades available as I arrived fairly late in the evening. She offered to allow me to switch rooms after one night but it wasn't worth it on a two-night stay.

The M Lounge is open with only bagged snacks, hot tea, coffee and soda but not for any meals. The welcome gift was either the standard points or a $15 voucher at their restaurant Hook & Plow. The breakfast there (chose the Denver omelette) wasn't the best I've ever had in a hotel but still could have been worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.