Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Please report back on the exec lounge situation after your stay, if there isn't an update to this thread before then. Thanks.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Question: Will be leaving the hotel on a Saturday morning for the airport to DCA.
I can fly out of JFK or LGA - price is about the same.

Looks like I can do a 11AM out of JFK or a 11:30 or Nooner out of LGA

Which of these two is going to be easier/quicker to get too from the hotel? I guess I'd prefer the quicker trip all things being equal.

I presume I'd take the air train to JFK which I've done before. I've not flown out of LGA in 20 years. If I choose LGA should I Uber or is there a better [easy] alternative using public transportation from the hotel to LGA?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Question: Will be leaving the hotel on a Saturday morning for the airport to DCA.
I can fly out of JFK or LGA - price is about the same.

Looks like I can do a 11AM out of JFK or a 11:30 or Nooner out of LGA

Which of these two is going to be easier/quicker to get too from the hotel? I guess I'd prefer the quicker trip all things being equal.

I presume I'd take the air train to JFK which I've done before. I've not flown out of LGA in 20 years. If I choose LGA should I Uber or is there a better [easy] alternative using public transportation from the hotel to LGA?
To JFK you can take the A train to the AirTrain at Howard Beach.
There is no good public transportation option to LGA (You can take the 4,5 to the N to a bas the A to the E to a bus, or the F to a bus. None of these is a fun option with luggage). LGA is a closer drive than JFK if you're going by car.
Another thing to consider is that the ongoing construction at LGA is making things a bit hectic there. Terminal A (JetBlue) is the least affected, Terminals C&D (Delta, Westjet, Spirit, Frontier) are somewhat affected, and Terminal B (AA, United, Southwest, and Air Canada) is the most affected.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by tonyrocks922
To JFK you can take the A train to the AirTrain at Howard Beach.
There is no good public transportation option to LGA (You can take the 4,5 to the N to a bas the A to the E to a bus, or the F to a bus. None of these is a fun option with luggage). LGA is a closer drive than JFK if you're going by car.
Another thing to consider is that the ongoing construction at LGA is making things a bit hectic there. Terminal A (JetBlue) is the least affected, Terminals C&D (Delta, Westjet, Spirit, Frontier) are somewhat affected, and Terminal B (AA, United, Southwest, and Air Canada) is the most affected.
thanks that helps a ton ^
Would you happen to know what is the estimated travel time if I uber to LGA?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
thanks that helps a ton ^
Would you happen to know what is the estimated travel time if I uber to LGA?
usually 30 minutes during non rush hour. Can be an hour during rush hour
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
This is the only property I've encountered in years of staying at Marriotts that asked for proof of eligibility for a corporate rate at check in. Also, they have a mandatory daily destination fee of $25 that may be used for food and beverage. Annoying when I'd rather dine and drink at any number of places outside the hotel.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
any recent experiences here ? It appears the infamous destination fee applies to all reservations (incl awards, Titanium members) and entails:
- Enhanced Internet
- $25.00 Food and Beverage allowance per day
- $20 Laundry allowance per day
- Big bus Voucher OR Yoga works voucher per day of stay

I am hesitating between this property and the Sheraton Brooklyn. It seems the Marriott is much nicer and more modern, but the Sheraton is cheaper and the area seems more interesting to wander around. any comments ?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by banzani
any recent experiences here ? It appears the infamous destination fee applies to all reservations (incl awards, Titanium members) and entails:
- Enhanced Internet

I am hesitating between this property and the Sheraton Brooklyn. It seems the Marriott is much nicer and more modern, but the Sheraton is cheaper and the area seems more interesting to wander around. any comments ?
I'd agree that the Marriott is more modern, but not dramatically so. I'm not sure what your interests are, but honestly, these two hotels are basically within a few blocks of one another. The Sheraton's a bit more walkable, but most of the interesting stuff in this area is going to be south on Atlantic or in the blocks between these two properties. The Marriott is closer to the waterfront, which has a few cool restaurants and a nice view. The Sheraton's closer to City Point, which has a cool food hall and an Alamo Drafthouse theatre.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
Originally Posted by banzani
- Enhanced Internet

I stayed there a few weeks ago..Used points..
Close to subway..M lounge is okay..Nice restaurant/bar area .Points or $10.00 Voucher offered @ check in...King room was very spacious..Nice bathroom..
I'm titanium..SNA were declined.Did not get a complimentary upgrade @ check in..
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
thx for the feedback - have now attached SNAs to both res and will see if/what confirms, and cancel the other res
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Has anyone stayed here recently? What are the limitations due to Covid?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:38 am
wmz

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by mciampa
Has anyone stayed here recently? What are the limitations due to Covid?
Just finished a 3-day stay this past weekend and left my review with Marriott:

"Had a pretty mediocre 3-night stay as a Mariott Platinum last weekend. This hotel is still using COVID as a guise to cut costs and reduce services.

- 1. I booked a king bed, checked in advance on the app, and arrived at 5PM. The only king room available was an accessible one with a weird shower, so I had to decline it and take a room with two doubles instead.
- 2. The M Club is advertised as being open 24/7 (https://marriott-hotels.marriott.com/experience/m-club/). However, the M Club was only open Monday morning from 6:30AM-10AM for breakfast. I expected to be able to stop in and get water, soda, and coffee at other times, but I was sadly mistaken.
- 3. The pool and hot tub were also closed, even though the gym was open.
- 4. The hotel "ran out of bottled water" on Sunday, even though there was plenty available in the (locked) M Club.
- 5. They ran out of body wash on Sunday as well.
- 6. There was an issue with the water on Saturday morning, so I had to take a lukewarm shower. Luckily, the issue was resolved for the rest of the stay.
- 7. The hotel was generally understaffed, especially with at least 2 wedding blocks that weekend.
- 8. Coffee from the coffee maker is weak and almost undrinkable.

Your loyalty means nothing to Marriott now."
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Just put my parents up here for the weekend. I've booked them at the Sheraton and Aloft nearby before in the pre-SPG merger days but had never tried this property. IMO it's overall nicer, thanks to having been built back in the 90s so it feels like a "real hotel" in that there is a spacious lobby, proper driveway, and the rooms are a pretty good size for NYC -- vs. the many hotels that have been built over the past 15 years in NYC, including the Sheraton and the Aloft, in a more prefab style with tiny rooms and no excess square footage anywhere. The Marriott is showing its age in a few places -- the bathrooms, with an old-fashioned shower-tub combo, could use a redo -- but IMO it's still nice to have a bit more breathing room.

I used Titanium 40k free night certificates for the stay, and I'm not sure if it was because of that or because of my current Ambassador status, but the $25/night destination fee was proactively waived for me without me even having to ask, which was nice and unexpected.

Housekeeping was offered daily.

Club lounge is still open only M-F mornings.

There is effectively no location difference between this and the Sheraton/Aloft, which are only a few blocks away, maybe unless you really needed to be close to a particular subway line for a repeated commute or something. If you are visiting for general tourist purposes, both hotels are close to a good selection of subway options.

Last edited by bgriff; May 10, 2022 at 10:23 am
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Easily one of the worst Marriott I’ve ever stayed at.

As an ambassador member, there was zero recognition of my status.

We needed an iPhone charger, and there was no charging cable available at the front desk, they said if we needed to charge our phone we needed to leave it at the front desk. We asked if there was anywhere nearby that could sell us a cable and they told us “good luck”. Horrible service. I had 48 stays this last year and never had a problem getting a charger for when it was missing.

The m club was only open at breakfast despite most other Marriott having their club open 24/7.

With us having a 1-night stay there was no way for us to redeem the credits associated with the destination fee. The F&B credit was only usable against breakfast and other the laundry credit is only valid on laundry which takes over 24h. Ultimately it’s a tax if there is no value for the fee.

We also asked why this hotel had no mobile key and they said it’s because this is a “union property”. This gives me zero faith in unions if it results in poor service.

This is not a Marriott property worth staying at.

Last edited by nexus7556; Dec 21, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Old Dec 21, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What a wild experience. 20 mins after I was on the phone with the ambassador line complaining to them and they had no charger I received an email from the property and they said they would being a charger up.

This has to be one of the most requested issues for customers right? How can they not have a charger? This feels so basic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.