Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Old Apr 27, 2003, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Be it IDL or JFK, the airport is in Queens.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

15 minutes is 15 minutes.

That is still more convenient from Canarsie to JFK - and possibly even LGA - than from Bay Ridge, in my opinion...

...but since we are still in the Marriott forum, Bay Ridge is definitely more convenient to the Brooklyn Marriott that Canarsie.

I never thought I would see the day that a major hotel chain would actually have a property in Brooklyn...
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:54 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Which just confirms that the sign on the Belt Parkway is correct: WELCOME TO BROOKLYN: THE FOURTH LARGEST CITY IN THE WORLD!
Old Apr 28, 2003, 11:01 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

If Brooklyn were to secede from New York, it would become the fourth largest city in the United States, Marysunshine.

Even New York City in its present form is not the fourth-largest city in the world.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
sorry, I am just sooooo loyal to Brooklyn
Old Oct 11, 2003, 4:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
The following is occuring at the Brooklyn Marriott on October 20, 2003

Brooklyn Eats' Seventh Annual Food Festival, a benefit to raise funds for hospitality management school scholarships, will feature tastes and pours from 55 of the borough's restaurants, caterers, gourmet stores and beverage suppliers (New York Marriott At the Brooklyn Bridge; 6:30-8:30 PM; $60 in advance, $85 at the door; 866-468-7619 for details).
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Smile Brooklyn Marriott excellent report

My husband and I often stay at this hotel. We endured a horrible trip over Labor Day weekend when the hotel was overburdened with a huge convention. I detailed the experience in a letter to the general manager who replied promptly with apologies and added 10,000 points to our Marriott account. He suggested we contact his executive assistant regarding our next trip. I did so last week before our 3 day stay over Thanksgiving. She selected a fabulous 19th floor corner room looking out to the Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty (we paid a senior rate). She also sent a wine and cheese platter. We were quite happy.

This hotel is a wonderful alternative to staying in NYC. It is at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge and has excellent access to several subway lines. Hotel rates are often less and parking a car is cheaper. Plus exploring Brooklyn can be great. Ask for a room in the newly opened tower section of the hotel.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:25 pm

I'll second that. Took the nearby subway into the city for dinner, very convenient.

As I wandered around the little shops near the hotel, I happened to look up at the top of a nearby building (I believe it was the NY Supreme Court or some court house) and I spotted a small blue flag flapping in the breeze. Upon further inspection, I could see the letters spelling out "DODGERS". Fantastic! It's been awhile since I've been there, but I wonder if the Dodger blue is still flying?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 5:37 pm

I live in Brooklyn and have had people stay there on many occaions and hosted functions there (of course for all the bonus points). It is a wonderful hotel and I know the manager. Being a new hotel, it also has normal sized rooms which can be a plus in NYC with all the expensive, but old hotels.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott PLAT
So I can avoid the next rate level that includes breakfast, can anyone confirm that the Brookyln Bridge Marriott offers breakfast coupons for Plats on weekends?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by abouna
............Being a new hotel, it also has normal sized rooms ...........
I could not remember exactly when I stayed here (so many years ago). New it is not (IMHO), maybe its condition still is.
Agree totally with the "value" aspect of this hotel in relations to MRs in Manhattan.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Not for gold

Breakfast coupons on weeends for Plat only. Lounge is on 23rd floor in new section and is lovely. Option to sit outside and look over Brooklyn Bridge. Nice food selections in a.m. We often stay at this hotel and were there 2 weekends ago. About 2 months ago we were told that hotel was considering keeping concierge lounge open on weekends but that was not the case over Memorial Day. But it was open Monday a. m.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I have stayed at this hotel a few times. It is very convenient to Manhattan as Borough Hall has many subway lines. The Brooklyn Heights area is also a good neighborhood to explore. Check out the Promenade for a great view of the downtown skyline.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:44 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Stayed here the past weekend with one of those "huge conventions" the OP related. Was most impressed with the can-do spirit of all departments, esp. since 700 were in our group. Last year was the first year of this convention at this property and the property was overwhelmed. This year, everything clicked and what was so impressive was how wonderfully nice all staff were from area mgrs. to new entry-level worker and how well they all worked together.

As Silver was given newly-remodeled 16th fl. S. Tower room with early c/i and a 1.5 hr. late c/o granted Sun. w/o batting an eye as opposed to it being denied last year. If I didn't enjoy the HH Millenium across the E. River even more, would definitely stay here even without a group function. There's no doubt that the Brooklyn staff beats hands down any NYC area hotel staff and I've stayed in a lot of area properties.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Q: Brooklyn Bridge Marriott

Which airport has the easiest (simplest) public transportation directions..

JFK or LGA? I presume EWR is out of the question.

any other comments on this property?

TIA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.