Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Old Apr 18, 2003, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
Neighborhood is fine. Its NYC and there are always a few strange eggs out there..lol.</font>
I must have bumped into the "deviled eggs" when I was there. Thanks much for the clarification. Always good to have a local person round out these property discussions.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
I have it on good authority that when the Dodgers move back to Brooklyn from L.A., the Mets will stay at this hotel.
Old Apr 19, 2003, 8:06 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichG:
I have it on good authority that when the Dodgers move back to Brooklyn from L.A., the Mets will stay at this hotel.</font>
And who might that authority be?

Bruce "Cousin Brucie" Morrow?

EEEEeeeeeEEEeeee, Cuz!
Old Apr 19, 2003, 11:52 pm

People from Canarsie have always been envious of people from Bay Ridge.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 8:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichG:
People from Canarsie have always been envious of people from Bay Ridge.</font>
That is news to me.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 9:16 am

Well, if you play it straight like a stick in the mud I certainly can't go anywhere from here.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 10:34 am

RichG, I knew you were taunting me. I was kidding, but I guess my response was not the ideal response to convey that levity. Upon review, it seems rather run-of-the-Mill Basin - a sort of Brownsville, Midwood, Bushwick-league type of response that just Flatlands-ed into nowhere. It just was not the Crown Heights of my best responses. I did not Park Slope it enough in terms of levity.

I think I now have made my Greenpoint quite clearly.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 8:02 pm

Was it too tough to work Williamsburgh and Bensonhurst into your Kings County Baedecker? (Not to mention Sheepshead Bay) In my family, The Honeymooners is regarded as a documentary.

By the way, what do they do for entertainment in Canarsie now that the daily bus from the Gaseteria to the Morton Downey, Jr. Show doesn't run anymore?
Old Apr 23, 2003, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton DVIP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Couldn't let this one pass without sharing my thoughts on Marriott Brooklyn...

- It is the only decent hotel in Brooklyn
- The mattresses are thin and cheap - even in the best rooms
- I stayed there for several months and then one day had a huge unwanted "guest" in my room and never stayed there again. Moved to the WTC Marriott for 1 1/2 years, which I adored until its demise, and now stay at the Rhigha or East Side. Financial Center is very nice, but I have hard time with the location.
- It is nowhere near the quality of the Financial Center, East Side, or the Righa. The Marquis is loud and rooms are smoke filled - good for tourists.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 1:39 pm

By the way, what do they do for entertainment in Canarsie now that the daily bus from the Gaseteria to the Morton Downey, Jr. Show doesn't run anymore?</font>
www.canarsiecourier.com

I have not been to Canarsie in a while. I would like to know myself what they do for entertainment there now!

RichG, absent of a moderator in this Marriott forum, we have really hijacked this thread. I think you will be interested in participating in this thread. Perhaps we could continue our Brooklyn bantering in there, with some insightful, humorous and knowledgable input from others who just cannot have the Brooklyn taken out of them no matter what the circumstance.

I look forward to the Prospect Park of continuing this humorous "debate" in this thread with you!
Old Apr 27, 2003, 9:50 am

Canarsie, well I suppose we have hijacked the thread, although it's also possible that the Brooklyn Based Bantering has Brought more Business to the Brooklyn Marriott.

So, I'll see ya on dhammer53's Brooklyn Reality Tour thread and we can hijack that.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:53 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! I still live in Canarsie and we ARE the entertainment. We have great personalities, we are great hosts and hostesses, we have the pier right off the belt parkway, with a restaurant right on the water! Not far away we have the new Keyspan Stadium with our NEW team, the Cyclones (I will never forgive the Dodgers and don't want them back here!)not to mention the fabulous Aquarium there in Coney Island! Just watch what you say about my neighborhood, guys....we also still have some "families" living here! You could get hurt if you know what I mean

[This message has been edited by Marysunshine (edited 04-27-2003).]
Old Apr 27, 2003, 12:28 pm

...and don't forget, Marysunshine, that Canarsie has an airport only 15 minutes away. I do not know if anyone on FlyerTalk has ever heard of it. It is called John F. Kennedy International Airport, although I have known for it to be called JFK by a few people.

By the way, that was the original reason I was attracted to this thread. If Sweet Willie* needed to visit someone in Canarsie or other Eastern and Southern Brooklyn neighborhoods, any hotel at JFK would have sufficed.

-------------------

* Sweet Willie, are you any relation to Wet Willie, who sang the hit song Keep On Smilin' back in 1974?
Old Apr 27, 2003, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Does the word Idlewild? mean anything to ya?
Old Apr 27, 2003, 4:44 pm

Sure does!

However, if you think about it, the name itself is an oxymoron.

How can someone or something be idle and wild in the same breath?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.