Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: Any and All
Thanks for the responses.

It's a bit frustrating really... I've seen orders for a certain type of coins sit on hold, or "In-Process Backordered" since May 16, while orders of the same type of coins placed in June have already shipped.

I personally have an order placed on June 2 that posted (not pre-auth, posted) to a credit card yesterday and it is sitting "On Hold, In Stock Reserved."

The lack of consistency and process with the Mint is mind-boggling. I guess it isn't too surprising when you speak with a CSR, most of which are utterly brainless/clueless. It's astonishing that the brainlessness apparently extends throughout the entire operation.

Maybe it's intentional, to discourage individuals like ourselves. I'm undeterred.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
The CC gets authorized once your order goes to "In process" and charged when it gets shipped
Do you guys really need to repeat the same questions 2000x? Why don't you place an order and find out EXPERIMENT.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Actually, my last order to posted to my SPG AMEX on Friday, but it didn't ship till Sunday, so it seems like they might be changing things up a bit.
This is unusual but not new. Also, orders don't ship on Sunday, regardless of what a ship notice might suggest.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I know that order statuses and ship schedules trump real information on this thread but it's still surprising that no one thought to recognize the third anniversary this month of the Direct Ship Program.

My hat is off to the quiet pioneers who have been able to purchase hundreds of thousands of (and, in a few cases, over a million) dollar coins.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by dayone
My hat is off to the quiet pioneers who have been able to purchase hundreds of thousands of (and, in a few cases, over a million) dollar coins.
Well said good sir.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:31 am

In-Process ==>> On Hold

All of my orders were in process (and my credit cards were pre-authorized), but now they have changed back to hold.

Any other data points?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by Marathon Man

Ok Ok I will try it with just one the next time I have to cook something at 450°

MM
You really do want to play with fire don't you?

Since the ignition temp of paper is 451° (as in how the novel Fahrenheit 451 got it's name) you may or may not get your rolls to light. Best to crank your oven up to BROIL and open all the windows!

Last edited by MojaveJack; Jun 14, 2011 at 2:32 am
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Also, probably not a great idea to have too much paper burning in your stove. Just a thought.
Maybe better to try the bar-b-que?

"Will those Sacas be with Hickory or Mesquite?"

Last edited by MojaveJack; Jun 14, 2011 at 2:34 am
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by scwam
I was even thinking about using isopropyl alcohol 91% and fire, but it would burn out too quick and creat too large of a flame. Coins could become discolored from the heat as well.
What's your source of 91% isopropanol? I think the readily available rubbing alcohol is 76%.

What's the problem if the coins are "discolored?" I've seen lots of copper, silver, or clad coins that are "toned."
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11
I'm sure these questions have been asked at one point, but I thought it would be appropriate for a refresher:

3 - I'm sure everyone has noticed the backorder date on existing orders keeps moving back. Does anyone have an answer from the Mint as to why this is happening? Some orders process relatively quickly while others are backordered seemingly indefinitely.
I'm not so sure they're always "back orderred" since sometimes they process very quickly and for others it takes weeks. I'm guessing they don't have a "lead time" option so they just call it all "back ordered" whether it's actually back ordered or they just have a processing delay due to high volume.

Last edited by MojaveJack; Jun 14, 2011 at 2:38 am
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by lateacher
Same issue here. My order from 6/1 is still on hold.
Depends on what you ordered. I've had Jeffersons from 7 Jun ship while Jacksons from May are still in process.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: Any and All
Did anyone get a survey invitation from the Mint this morning? I got an e-mail inviting me to take a Brainjuicer survey for US Mint customers.... definitely not going to take it, but curious nonetheless.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by MilesDavis11
Did anyone get a survey invitation from the Mint this morning? I got an e-mail inviting me to take a Brainjuicer survey for US Mint customers.... definitely not going to take it, but curious nonetheless.
I logged in to check my status (on truck out for delivery) and got a popup for the survey. I gave them pretty good marks, with 10 as "likely to recommend" and 10 as "likely to return".
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I logged in to check my status (on truck out for delivery) and got a popup for the survey. I gave them pretty good marks, with 10 as "likely to recommend" and 10 as "likely to return".
I haven't gotten a pop up survey, nor one in the mail. I guess I need to order more to get some Mint attention.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ianturner
after thinking about getting in on this for months, i finally gave in today and ordered.... unfortunately everything is on backorder for two weeks....I'm ready to get the fun started with this.
Welcome to the club.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.