Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Yes I tend to watch movies now and then because we have to justify the cost of cable somehow lol

in other recent coinism...

I brought in many K to a teller who was working alone while I stepped up (her co worker to return to her own post later) and she had her arm in a cast. I kinda felt bad sliding the many boxes to her but I said,... "Hey what'd you do to your arm?" She goes, "I broke it!" I'm like, "Well it's a good thing you had that cast on then"
She broke it lifting all your boxes of coins.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by elkhornne
She broke it lifting all your boxes of coins.
either that or being a bank teller is one of her 'professions' and the other is not on the books but all the local male shop keepers and villagers seem ok with that. lol

in fact they may even pay or tip her IN coins!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
either that or being a bank teller is one of her 'professions' and the other is not on the books but all the local male shop keepers and villagers seem ok with that. lol

in fact they may even pay or tip her IN coins!
Rapidly approaching 1,000 pages here!!! And this is why this thread is my daily crack/laugh fix:-)

Marathon Man: "I continue my self satisfying attempts to flirt..."
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Rapidly approaching 1,000 pages here!!! And this is why this thread is my daily crack/laugh fix:-)

Marathon Man: "I continue my self satisfying attempts to flirt..."
heheheh I should get pain in coins for this stuff

anyway I saw this article and couldnt stop thinking about how I often move large sums of money from one bank to another after doing coins...

I wonder if I dropped any wads of cash lately

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110609/...iches_returned
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gpapadop
If you go into "Your Control Panel" and then "Edit Options" you can change the number of posts to show per page to "40". Then you'll see that this thread is a manageable 373 pages.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
If you go into "Your Control Panel" and then "Edit Options" you can change the number of posts to show per page to "40". Then you'll see that this thread is a manageable 373 pages.
...and you can do another thing (on MACs only) and block all Marathon Man's posts and it goes down to like 156 or something. Plus the entire FT seems to load faster after you do that.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Too bad there is not a setting to hide useless posts (many of which are mine) then this thread would be about three pages long!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, BA, delta
First time ordering on the mint. Bought $500 of NA coins, "available 6/15". It says "1-2 weeks for shipping" even though I thought all orders of $500 get free expedited.

When can I expect the coins? I ask because I'm going on vacation at the end of June and don't want it delivered while I'm gone.

Last edited by ohnodapopo; Jun 11, 2011 at 8:52 pm
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
First time ordering on the mint. Bought $500 of NA coins, "available 6/15". It says "1-2 weeks for shipping" even though I thought all orders of $500 get free expidited.

When can I expect the coins? I ask because I'm going on vacation at the end of June and don't want it delivered while I'm gone.
You probably have a good chance to get them by the end of June. If you read back several pages you will see that it's really impossible to predict when or even if you will get the coins. They come when they come.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by UA Fan
So is the limit still $1,000 per 10 days?
For some people...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by PatMike
For some people...

lucky folks.... I should have found this site years ago!!

Anyway. I see the andrew jackson coins are completely off the US Mint website. at least coins are moving, in general, although delayed.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

isnt the mint going into inventory today, June 12? I could be mistaken.

Anyway, this would once again slow things down.

So will the continued B.O. Sources say they have not seen a delay like this before, but the program is still going on... it will just have delays for a while.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
My order of JM from 6/6 shipped today. I didn't realize that they work 7 days/week.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mint Coin Addiction Syndrome

• You have thought about NOT ordering coins one day but then you changed your mind and you just had to because you have the card, you have available credit, and so why not.
  • You have actually had a dream about coins at least once.
  • You have thought about being a pirate and these are your gold doubloons – or dressing as one for Halloween because, well, you already know where you can get a sack full OF gold doubloons so why not.
  • You type about stuff like this on a rainy Sunday morning.
  • While you do track your money and everything, you also have loose coins in the car, a few rolls laying around in case you need to pay things in cash and some at your office desk at work in case there’s a raffle or something.
  • You get MAD at your wife or kids if they COULD have used a coin somewhere—like at the ice cream stand or the city street vendor/kiosk.
  • You really WANT to pay things in coins that don’t take CCs so you almost try to find things to pay for or buy—ie, Honey let’s sign up our child for this week long summer thing in town JUST SO I can use coins to pay them (they don’t take CCs).
  • Your friends are sick of you talking about it. They earn miles from real jobs. Ie, like me right now, you are often told: “Dude, you have like wayyyy too much time on your hands!”
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Mint Coin Addiction Syndrome

I think you're on to something MM.

Lets alter the name so we can call it a disease.

MACS = Mint Addition Coin Symdrom

If you suffer from MACS, all will be well if you place an order for $1,000 worth of coins, take 2 aspirins and wait for UPS.

I really want to hit 1000 pages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.