Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 10, 11, 5:09 pm

Slightly off topic, but.......

I was at my local bank, waiting for them to change the bin on the high-powered coin machine, and I saw the innards of the bin. Tons of dollar coins (probably mostly from my deposits), but I'd guess that about 20% of the coins were Kennedy 50-cent pieces! I have never seen more than one of those at a time, then today I see hundreds of them! I wonder if someone had been collecting those for years! Very cool, I thought.
Old Jun 10, 11, 6:52 pm
xp0

Yeah +1 for hitting the gym.

I carry boxes of 3k and just make multiple trips to my car as needed. 3k is easy to carry and the box doesnt break
Old Jun 10, 11, 7:20 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
What kind of duffel bag should you bring to the bank? How about one that won't make you look like you want to rob them.
Old Jun 10, 11, 7:21 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
Originally Posted by xp0 View Post
Yeah +1 for hitting the gym.

I carry boxes of 3k and just make multiple trips to my car as needed. 3k is easy to carry and the box doesnt break
7.5k at once is my limit to carry in
Old Jun 10, 11, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by XStAnt View Post
What kind of duffel bag should you bring to the bank? How about one that won't make you look like you want to rob them.
Just put them in boxes (you can fit $3 to $4K in a box) and put them on a dolly cart and pull them in that way
Old Jun 10, 11, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I often have those recycled shopping bags in my car from trader Joes or Target or whatever.

I find some can fit and hold up to about 3k. sometimes more.

the most I will lift up and carry in to a branch is $7,500 and I have another reason for using these bags...

I figure--especially in branches in or near malls and shopping plazas, if they see you walk in with those types of bags, they don't necessarily notice nor 'prepare' for someone about to attack them with coins. And I don't want them to. I walk in looking like a shopper instead--just carrying bags from some other retail experience.

I then say I'm going to make a small deposit and I take out one box and quickly slice it open sideways using my rather robust car key. Once this is done, I tilt it forward showing the rolls all stacked there vertically and now they see it's coins but they also see how they are prepared and any angst is lessened some.

If there's any wonder on how or why I have them, I mention these are at least all federally rolled and well, I had an overage from some promotional things I do with the travel industry and miles and all that blah blah hey that's a nice necklace you're wearing Linda...

I continue my self satisfying attempts to flirt or be friendly whilst grabbing other boxes and slicing them open as the teller and I now get into this little short game of me putting them on the counter and she grabbing one or two and counting and moving.

It seems if I had just brought in $4k that would have been all they could have accepted, but if I bring in $7k then that works.

I have considered the dolly but I have only the huge Home Depot one for like bags of concrete and so I would have to buy a different one for coins. I don't wanna BUY things to do coins. I cant find another reason to need a new folding dolly. Paying for the USPS box is enough.

In other news, I was chatting with the two bank tellers at a local bank the other day and I was cashing a large check there for something 'normal'. I said they could give me any denomination of cash---except coins lol. They snickered at this but then one of them said, "Well we still have the ones you gave us in Feb!" This branch had said no more coins! to me long ago and I was like "wow, why haven't you sent them out?" They told me they had no time and other than the 2 managers it's only them both. With this I almost--and I say almost offered to buy them all back but these were two old bats, not hotties like a very pleasant TD teller I deposited coins with last week. Wow, she looked like what's her name from that 80s TV show, Saved By the Bell! Tiffani Thiessen yah that's her... picture her WHEN it was the 80s that is lol
Old Jun 10, 11, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
That's vaguely something... You would take them back if she were hot? I think not!

I think we should all write a letter to the USPS head postmaster that they ban $1 bills with cashiers and only stock $1 coins.

Fed reserve needs to push these coins out and fters aren't getting the job done.

Lobby that all govt employees get paid with coins!
Old Jun 10, 11, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunk818 View Post
That's vaguely something... You would take them back if she were hot? I think not!

I think we should all write a letter to the USPS head postmaster that they ban $1 bills with cashiers and only stock $1 coins.

Fed reserve needs to push these coins out and fters aren't getting the job done.

Lobby that all govt employees get paid with coins!
lol yah I guess but yeah... I would have been temporarily smitten.

anyway I try to circulate and no one wants these except hot tellers at TD
Old Jun 10, 11, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
...blah blah hey that's a nice necklace you're wearing Linda...
You watch to many movies.
Old Jun 10, 11, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
blah blah hey that's a nice necklace you're wearing Linda...
This morning I told a teller how nice her belt was. She proceeded to tell me where she got it ...yada, yada, yada ... Pretty soon I was out of there and on to the next bank down the street ...
Old Jun 11, 11, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
This morning I told a teller how nice her belt was. She proceeded to tell me where she got it ...yada, yada, yada ... Pretty soon I was out of there and on to the next bank down the street ...
A teller once told me she lost 15 pounds. I told her to turn around and you will find it. I had to run out of the bank as she was throwing coins at me!
Old Jun 11, 11, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I tend to watch movies now and then because we have to justify the cost of cable somehow lol

in other recent coinism...

I brought in many K to a teller who was working alone while I stepped up (her co worker to return to her own post later) and she had her arm in a cast. I kinda felt bad sliding the many boxes to her but I said,... "Hey what'd you do to your arm?" She goes, "I broke it!" I'm like, "Well it's a good thing you had that cast on then"
Old Jun 11, 11, 5:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
A teller once told me she lost 15 pounds. I told her to turn around and you will find it. I had to run out of the bank as she was throwing coins at me!
Lol. Have you found a new bank?
Old Jun 11, 11, 5:27 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jluu111 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to give you all much respect for keeping this thread going after 993 pages and 14,890 posts! That being said, I did a post search of all of this for the term "duffel bag" and "duffel" and it did not return a single hit.

So therefore my question to you is what is the best bag to transport coins to the bank? I'm just starting to ramp up my coin purchases (let's just say from $1k to $5k every ten days). Considering that each $1k in purchases runs about 20 lbs. each it can get quite heavy to throw 40 lbs. in a backpack to lug into the bank.
I use a large canvas tote bag. One of the bags that we take to the beach.

I never take more than $3k with me.
Old Jun 11, 11, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYBanker View Post
Lol. Have you found a new bank?
hahahahaha

Search this Thread
Search Engine: