Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 8, 11, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Red face

Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Either somehow properly cancel by phone, or just wait for the coins as the Mint WILL process the order eventually.
Boy do I feel dumb. I'm so used to conducting all my transactions via the internet that it didn't even occur to me that I could just pick up the phone to cancel.

Anyway, I also never considered whether the Mint might have a pending authorization on those GCs. If so, then it's not worth the hassle of cancelling. I guess for now I'll just wait it out. But geez...feels like it's taking nearly a month at this point to get me my coins!
Old Jun 8, 11, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
NA's from the 24th and 29th now in transit.
Old Jun 8, 11, 5:43 pm

my non-NA coins from a month ago are starting to ship out now
Old Jun 8, 11, 6:28 pm

Programs: Several dozen
My order sent from Europe two weeks ago has yet to arrive. Maybe I should go back to check on it?

Originally Posted by dchoe View Post
my non-NA coins from a month ago are starting to ship out now
Old Jun 8, 11, 6:32 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Its people like you who give metal recycling a bad name!

My 70k went through WF in 2.5 hours just fine. But that was in the dinosaur days when the Mint actually shipped coins, not just sold coin lottery tickets.

Originally Posted by TexasYankee View Post
I agree! My first 6k presidents at Wells Fargo (long ago) went through the counter and broke the dollar slot! Was expensive to fix - thank goodness I did not have to pay. They then let me deposit on my "honor"...

Off to try Compass bank.
Old Jun 9, 11, 4:52 am

I apologize now, if I am asking something that has already been answered.

But i have approximately 10 orders that I signed in as Guest....All orders were placed on VISA VANILLA GC's..... ALL VISA GC were activated on visa.com..... (they only asked for my zip code.) which i gave to them.

I then went under guest, and ordered various presidential 1.00 coins...

In the last 3 days...I received cancellations on every order...except 2.

Are they no longer accepting the VISA gcs? Did i do something wrong? any information is appreciated.. thanks

budfrog
Old Jun 9, 11, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by i3udfrog16 View Post
I apologize now, if I am asking something that has already been answered.

But i have approximately 10 orders that I signed in as Guest....All orders were placed on VISA VANILLA GC's..... ALL VISA GC were activated on visa.com..... (they only asked for my zip code.) which i gave to them.

I then went under guest, and ordered various presidential 1.00 coins...

In the last 3 days...I received cancellations on every order...except 2.

Are they no longer accepting the VISA gcs? Did i do something wrong? any information is appreciated.. thanks

budfrog
you may have been fine, but lately, many orders have been cancelled even when in process or waiting for a long time. It's cuz of this back order thing. I have had some cancelled without notice, some cancelled after being told they were in process, and some shipped even when they said they were cancelled! go figure.

That said, now your visa gcs are impacted and I think it takes about a week to see the authorizations on those drop off, and then you gotta wait 3 more days to be 10 days, so you can use them for new coins.

stinks, but thats the story of late with the mint
hope it pans out fer ya

for me... my similar cards are on bo til late june.
Old Jun 9, 11, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by i3udfrog16 View Post

budfrog
It is only a matter of time before every one of these is shut down. The more it is talked about the shorter that time frame is.
Old Jun 9, 11, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
It is only a matter of time before every one of these is shut down. The more it is talked about the shorter that time frame is.
Truer words have never been written.
Old Jun 9, 11, 7:21 am

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
I'm at the point of expecting the game to be over soon.
With only Jefferson, Madison, and 2011 Native's left as options, perhaps the mint surplus is near the end of the line.

Gone:
Washington
Adams (Mint: WE KNOW ALREADY, get it off the webpage)
Jackson
Buchanan
Lincoln
2001 Natives
2010 Natives

Were any others (like Monroe) ever available under the Direct Buy program?
I am concerned about the end but doesn't the mint have a "mission" to do the coins through 2016?

Does anyone know what happens to all of the "unwrapped" coins when they are returned to the mint? Will we soon be able to get "mixed" rolls of coins?
Old Jun 9, 11, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
oh not to worry. They melt them suckers down when they come in and make Disney Dollars out of em!
Old Jun 9, 11, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by TexasYankee View Post
I am concerned about the end but doesn't the mint have a "mission" to do the coins through 2016?
They'll simply reduce output to match need.

Does anyone know what happens to all of the "unwrapped" coins when they are returned to the mint? Will we soon be able to get "mixed" rolls of coins?
They go to the Fed, not the Mint
Old Jun 9, 11, 9:58 am

My order says" your order is in process" when I scrolled down, it said " expected to ship on 6/15/11.

Can I change the address to a P.O. Box now or would it be confusing for U.S. Mint or can it not be done? I finally have a P.O. Box
Old Jun 9, 11, 9:59 am

My NA order from 5/31 shipped today!
Old Jun 9, 11, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
My order says" your order is in process" when I scrolled down, it said " expected to ship on 6/15/11.

Can I change the address to a P.O. Box now or would it be confusing for U.S. Mint or can it not be done? I finally have a P.O. Box
I would leave it alone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: