Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:40 am

Limit per Household/Name/Address??

I just got one order delivered for my "aunt" who's mail is sent to my address. It was delivered UPS and just "dropped" outside of garage (I just love that)-- they didn't ring bell (I was home) or require a signature for a $500 delivery.

I just opened up a few more credit cards (churn) that I'd like to get the bonus on so it seems like a $500 coin purchase would be quite painless. I've never ordered the coins for me so I was wondering since it's a different last name if it would be OK? Think it was the american indian ones (will try to check).

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat
You can now order up to twenty $250 boxes of the 2009 Native American dollar. Since I ordered the normal 2 boxes a month ago, I only placed an order for 18 boxes today.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=27238
Old Feb 13, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by imasosec
You can now order up to twenty $250 boxes of the 2009 Native American dollar. Since I ordered the normal 2 boxes a month ago, I only placed an order for 18 boxes today.

You're gonna break the delivery mans back... I noticed that 20 box limit as well & ordered up a storm over the course of the last few days. I put it in 3 different orders however...
Old Feb 13, 2009, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by terockwo
You're gonna break the delivery mans back... I noticed that 20 box limit as well & ordered up a storm over the course of the last few days. I put it in 3 different orders however...
I just topped out with an 18 box order, too. Good times. The guys at my bank are going to hate me even more, not that I really mind too much. Besides, I actually do spend some of them normally and I've run out.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM

Wow!!!

This might just help me get my SPG gold for next year...
Old Feb 13, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: IC PLat Elite
do you guys just take 5k in coins to your bank or how do you go about depositing that many coins lol
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Well if you browse through this thread you'll see what experience people have had. We don't have any trouble. At one of our banks they don't even want us to open the boxes. They just take our word for how much is in them.

Frenchie Flyer
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for the update. I just ordered 5 cases ($1250). Doing 18 seems too risky for me. Hopefully now they'll change all the presidents to 20 packages each!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
I just got one order delivered for my "aunt" who's mail is sent to my address. It was delivered UPS and just "dropped" outside of garage (I just love that)-- they didn't ring bell (I was home) or require a signature for a $500 delivery.
Thats what is holding me back from ordering a few boxes. What would happen if UPS leave the boxes outside and someone picks them up? Are the boxes big and do they indicate they are valuable (hey lots of $1 coin in here)?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by macboss
Thats what is holding me back from ordering a few boxes. What would happen if UPS leave the boxes outside and someone picks them up? Are the boxes big and do they indicate they are valuable (hey lots of $1 coin in here)?
No indication really - can't recall the sticker (return) one on it... but the box is just a brown box that's heavy... (it could be rocks )
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
No indication really - can't recall the sticker (return) one on it... but the box is just a brown box that's heavy... (it could be rocks )
I think i will bite the bullet and order 3 of them. Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Wow!!!

This might just help me get my SPG gold for next year...
how many pt to reach SPG gold? any better benefits? Thx
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Interesting... now if the US mint was part of a mileage mall

Might have to purchase more now... but stuck at depositing $200 a month for free @ my local credit union...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:28 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
My order has been on hold for almost a month, both president coins and the first 2 boxes of the native. The pres coins were a repeat, but I did it outside of my account and with a different card, but this is taking alot longer than my other orders (one is a different state). Has anyone else had a long delay in the last month?
JudyJFLA

PS, If I place an order for just the native coin, is that free shipping as well? Their site is down right now.

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Feb 14, 2009 at 12:36 am
Old Feb 14, 2009, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
My order has been on hold for almost a month, both president coins and the first 2 boxes of the native. The pres coins were a repeat, but I did it outside of my account and with a different card, but this is taking alot longer than my other orders (one is a different state). Has anyone else had a long delay in the last month?
JudyJFLA

PS, If I place an order for just the native coin, is that free shipping as well? Their site is down right now.
Yes- free shipping on Native American $1 direct ship coins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.