Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old May 14, 11, 10:00 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Last time this happened, my credit union called meals on wheels: asked if I was dead.
Old May 14, 11, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
If the Mint is available(meaning not backlog) when I order it, does my credit card get charged immediately?
No

You get charged when the coins ship (give or take a day)
Old May 14, 11, 11:05 am

Thanks.
Old May 14, 11, 5:45 pm

Programs: Lotz
3 orders, different accounts, same card, went into process today. I ordered them 2 days ago.

But today mint's oos again.
Old May 14, 11, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
3 orders, different accounts, same card, went into process today. I ordered them 2 days ago.

But today mint's oos again.
Let us know if these orders go through eventually. I thought the consensus here was that you can only use the same card once every 10 days.
Old May 15, 11, 9:09 pm

How many days is the shipment? I would assume you need to sign for it so if I am going on vacation this week, I should wait till I get back home in early June. Is this correct? Or should I order now and wait in line like everyone else?
Old May 15, 11, 9:16 pm

How many days is the shipment? I would assume you need to sign for it so if I am going on vacation this week, I should wait till I get back home in early June.
I would wait till after vacation. They might not have coins to ship until June anyway. That way you can enjoy your vacation and not worry about whether your coins are shipped and signed for by the kid next door.
Old May 15, 11, 9:34 pm

Thanks. I rather not worry while on vacation but just wondering if I wait, won't the queue be much longer especially since there is a backlog?
Old May 15, 11, 10:10 pm

Thanks. I rather not worry while on vacation but just wondering if I wait, won't the queue be much longer especially since there is a backlog?
Perhaps. Or perhaps when you get back a new coin will show up in stock that is not currently listed. No way to predict what will happen next at the Mint.
Old May 16, 11, 12:00 am

2011 NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COINS 4 $250.00 $1,000.00 In stock and reserved

placed a couple of weeks ago
Old May 16, 11, 10:10 am

Programs: Several dozen
Its official - Time Geithner says we hit the debt ceiling Monday and have run out of money. The mint is empty folks! We were just the first to find out that our big piggy bank has gone under!
Old May 16, 11, 10:27 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ddallas View Post
I would wait till after vacation. They might not have coins to ship until June anyway. That way you can enjoy your vacation and not worry about whether your coins are shipped and signed for by the kid next door.
I'm in the same boat. Going to be gone all of June so will have to cancel my current order if they don't come in by late next week.
Old May 16, 11, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
FINALLY!

Placed a few orders on 5/9. Two were for the NA coins and one is finally showing the order shipped today but not tracking info. Other NA order I placed is still showing in Process. Placed an order on George washington that same day as welel and just got an email saying it was backordered and was expected to ship on 5/31.
Old May 16, 11, 12:08 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
I had an order for Sacajawea (sp?) placed on May 1 with an expected ship date of 5/12. It was bumped back several times and this morning I had an email stating those coins were officially out of stock and my order had been cancelled. Just FYI.
Old May 16, 11, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by gnat_ View Post
Raising an interesting question... Why are the general discussion threads for Mint coins being closed? Because some are concerned about specific secrets being disclosed and killing the deal?

Because even though there's a lot of the same stuff being repeated over and over, I find it useful to have a place for discussion. Isn't that what forums are for?
No, it has nothing to do with secrets. Only one was closed, and it was because of personal attacks that would not stop. As long as threads are devoid of personal attacks, they will happily continue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: