Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old May 11, 11, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mshah View Post
I don't know if it is correct even if the coins comes back in stock. As far as I understand the system, the 10 day limit is based on CC authorization. My guess is, when the coins become available, they'll start authorizing all the orders they can fill with the inventory and might not wait 10 days before authorizing the next order.
I don't know if I agree with 100% of what you said but I do agree that the order system is not as predictable and transparent as many believe.
Old May 11, 11, 4:52 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Which ought to be the intent of the control folk at the mint. Manual intervention in the order process make for unpredictability and inability to completely reverse engineer their fraud and money laundering controls.

That said, we know the controls are weak from the point of their computer system. The system was designed to take orders, not to deter orders.

Originally Posted by dayone View Post
I don't know if I agree with 100% of what you said but I do agree that the order system is not as predictable and transparent as many believe.
Old May 11, 11, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I don't know if it is correct even if the coins comes back in stock. As far as I understand the system, the 10 day limit is based on CC authorization. My guess is, when the coins become available, they'll start authorizing all the orders they can fill with the inventory and might not wait 10 days before authorizing the next order.
I have yet to see an order that is 'in process', whether backlogged or not, get canceled due to 10 day order limit.

Last time I had backlogged orders, all orders which spanned numerous weeks shipped at the same time, not one was canceled in the scenario you describe above.
Old May 11, 11, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I made one small order of $500 in coins (ordered with a visa GC) on 5/7. I knew it was on BO.

Now it shows IN PROCESS and the native amer coins I ordered are on BO til 5/17
Old May 11, 11, 5:30 pm

It'll ship. The 10 days is from when you order. That the coin is back ordered won't matter (as long as it becomes available again....obviously)

That said - Washington is now out of sold out
Old May 11, 11, 7:25 pm
Original Member

Ordered $1k NATIVE AMERICAN coins 5/4. Shipped yesterday.
Old May 11, 11, 11:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Should have ordered Native American
Old May 11, 11, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
It'll ship. The 10 days is from when you order. That the coin is back ordered won't matter (as long as it becomes available again....obviously)
This has always been my experience as well. I've never had an order cancelled due to the 10 day rule due to shipping status.
Old May 12, 11, 1:21 am

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Has anyone had their exemption revoked?

Feel free to PM.
Old May 12, 11, 6:23 am

I ordered Native American (Sacagawea) on 4-26 and it was shipped 5-11. Question, if you have an "account" at the mint, can you order more frequently than every 10 days by using a different credit card? Thanks!
Old May 12, 11, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
I ordered Native American (Sacagawea) on 4-26 and it was shipped 5-11. Question, if you have an "account" at the mint, can you order more frequently than every 10 days by using a different credit card? Thanks!
No
Old May 12, 11, 7:23 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
No

You sure about that? Have done it more than a few times without problems.

Old May 12, 11, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by NC_Girl View Post
You sure about that?

Yes
Old May 12, 11, 7:24 am

I don't think so. Based on my experience, the 10 day limit is based on your order date. If there's a backorder, it will push your CC auth date, but my orders don't get cancelled as long as 1) the particular president comes back into stock eventually, and 2) I wait 10 days between order dates.

Login to your mint account. Click on "Track Order". You'll see that the date that they primarily show is your order date. Not CC auth date, not ship date.

But I can't say that's how it works with 100% certainty... It's definitely a black box at the mint in some ways.
Old May 12, 11, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by NC_Girl View Post
You sure about that? Have done it more than a few times without problems.

The 10 day rule follows the "card" not the account. You are right. Just change the card info in your account and you can order every day if you have 10 diff. cards.

Easier to set up 10 different accts. though & order once every 10 days. Then you should get all your coins ($10K worth) on one day. That's assuming they are actually shipping coins.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: