Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had trouble sleeping last night knowing that newly minted coins are not going into circulation........ I'm fearful that this could strangle our already fragile economy!
Old May 9, 2011, 12:11 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Smile

With the high cost of shipping, perhaps they could just start sending checks?
Old May 9, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: Lots
I can perhaps provide some good news. I ordered on 02May and saw that coins were supposed to be back ordered until 15May. Saturday night I got an email saying they'd been shipped and according to the tracking number UPS has already attempted delivery once this morning.

I don't think the sky is falling quite yet.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
With the high cost of shipping, perhaps they could just start sending checks?
Sell them for $0.95 per dollar coin if you pick them up at the mint with a moving truck. Mint still turns a profit... it's a win win.... well I guess if you live within driving distance.

Except... the cost to rent the truck...

Hmm.. kind of reminds me of:
Old May 9, 2011, 12:40 pm
Original Member

I also fear for the safety of our golden goose and hope she return safely to the nesting area soon.

I generally order over the phone and the agent simply said that there are no circulating dollar coins in the warehouse right now.

Perhaps a very large order is anticipated from a certain Timothy Geithner in case he needs to pay off U.S. debts and expenditures in the case of a shutdown. That will get them into circulation for sure. Here Mr. & Mrs. Senior Citizen is your social security "check"; it is a box of four $250 dollar coins. Careful lifting the box - it is heavy.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
SACAGAWEA coins no longer showing up

Decided to order today on a couple accounts that are eligible. The SACAGAWEA coins used to be the ones I would try to order. I notice they are no longer even listed.
Old May 9, 2011, 2:19 pm

or its highly likely that the purpose of this scheme has been met ..that is, there is surplus of coins in circulation and now the US mint is taking a rest
Old May 9, 2011, 2:59 pm

have some on back order.. really hope they ship out by the 25th so i can get my i-bonds before the 31st.
Old May 9, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
If they are supposed to "distribute" the coins through 2016, I'm not sure how this is over - maybe they are putting shipping fees into the mix though. Never understood why they overnight them... anyone know what it costs them to ship them that weight/speed??
Old May 9, 2011, 4:37 pm
Suspended

FWIW: Friend ordered 2 boxes last Monday, they arrived today
Old May 9, 2011, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Stoughton
hmmm bummer my sunday may 1 order didnt do the same
Old May 9, 2011, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by glocklt4
If they are supposed to "distribute" the coins through 2016, I'm not sure how this is over - maybe they are putting shipping fees into the mix though. Never understood why they overnight them... anyone know what it costs them to ship them that weight/speed??
I figured they did an overnight for UPS (and the shipments that go to my PO Box are priority which sometimes are 2 days but do offer saturday delivery) was for easier tracking. I am sure the mint has a GREAT volume discount with UPS where they may only be paying $10 a shipment if that, so it may be cheaper to use overnight.
Old May 9, 2011, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
The big question regarding the mint is... has this type of back order across the boards ever happened to every coin before?

I had taken a break a couple years back there so I surely missed a ton of stuff but maybe some here know. If it has, then I would not worry.
Old May 9, 2011, 8:36 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I got my shipment today that I ordered on April 30th. Ordered as a guest.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
If you don't mind, can you please tell which coins? I ordered the same day and as far as I recall every thing was back-ordered. The coins I picked are still back-ordered and card is not authorized yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.