Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Mar 20, 11, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Yes the girl scout cookies are really good And the one girl was handing out samples mom made, brownie mix with a broken up sleeve of thin mints Talk about good marketing The $1 was for the girl scouts. I hope she didn't keep it as a tip
this is often more valuable than coins:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CFMQ9QEwBw
Old Mar 20, 11, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
Is Twitter down or Costco closed today?
It seems the noob troublemaker has nothing to do today!
+1 for being directly on target.
Old Mar 21, 11, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
My goodness and I thought the only insane people who do not like the way one uses these coins were only found in this thread!
Insane is a better term to best used to describe your attempts to make an extra $10 in frequent flier miles by blatantly disregarding the mint's rules and adding the stress to banks who have to take your thousands of dollars of coins weekly. I'm quite sure, with all the "problems" you seem to discuss on here about depositing these coins and the time and effort you spend on it, you could probably be making more picking up a part time job at the local McDonald's.
Old Mar 21, 11, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

I also fear that if I were to tell the tale of miles and mint to some of the more straight laced/self righteous types of bank-esque people in the world, one of them would get into that psuedo moral/ethical debate with me about all of it (intent of the program, use of the credit card, use of banks, income, taxes, etc--things that we have all understood but they do not but think they do) and one of them might even CALL the mint to try to put a stop to it or at least put something in motion.

I have seen people like that try to stop you from doing things just because they feel they must. It is often human nature for some people to try to prevent another from gaining something just, well, because. And they may see US as gaining something they think we should not gain.
There is nothing "psuedo moral/ethical" about what you are doing. You are blatantly abusing the program and throwing away any morals/ethics you have to make a few extra dollars. This has nothing with human nature and people trying to stop you in that instance, this is all about doing the right thing, which clearly you have no intention on doing.

If the way you post on here is any indication on how you are in real life, I can understand the banks not wanting any business from you. You come off as obnoxious, self-righteous, and above basic ethics/morals (aka the law). If I saw some guy walking in with $1000's of dollar coins every week (Versus the $1000 every ten days) with a crap eating grin on his face...I'd probably think something was amiss as well.
Old Mar 21, 11, 2:41 am

Programs: Lotz
What does morals have to do with business, which this is.

Somehow I wouldn't place bankers or credit card companies in the highest "moral" category and sense they would laugh at anyone who called them immoral.
Old Mar 21, 11, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20 View Post
blah blah blah blah blah...
I love you

+2 on the insane factor Ken!
Old Mar 21, 11, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20 View Post
If the way you post on here is any indication on how you are in real life, I can understand the banks not wanting any business from you. You come off as obnoxious, self-righteous, and above basic ethics/morals (aka the law). If I saw some guy walking in with $1000's of dollar coins every week (Versus the $1000 every ten days) with a crap eating grin on his face...I'd probably think something was amiss as well.
So are you saying that $1000 every 10 days is moral but $2000 wouldn't be? Or is it the grin that made it immoral? You really should expand because we don't want to fall foul of the morality rules, would we? Unless it's just a line in the sand that lives in your head, in which case I would expect that nobody gives a toss.
Old Mar 21, 11, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
What does morals have to do with business, which this is.

Somehow I wouldn't place bankers or credit card companies in the highest "moral" category and sense they would laugh at anyone who called them immoral.
Oh yes indeed, and that's why if I get uber negative comments in a thread on the internet about what I do with coins at banks, I have to just brush em off and say, 'hey, I'm just tryin to run a bitness here!' using the same tone of voice Bugs Bunny speaks in... and yeah, I these banks should let us bring in the money (especially when we very often DO try to only bring in say one box every now and then)

But of course, I believe many bankers are creepy would-be crooks themselves... and one could attempt to adhere to every banking policy (or just not yet know them unless they explain what they want in layman's terms should one ever run up against a certain rule or internal policy that most never see) and they'd still pull their games. A bank itself is trying to make money --off of us. The bank that shut me down probably found out that my faster than usual withdrawals were NOT allowing them to make as much! Again: I axed 'em: "...Then why do you make my funds available to me as quickly as you do? Why not put a few days hold on it? I'll wait if I'm told I must by rule. Give me guidelines!" They could not.

In my attempts to do this coin business, which is, as many here realize, very 'alternative' in its entire make up, I often get horridly misunderstood--both in here and in the other world--but what can I do but just keep on keepin on? That, or take hard drugs and booze it up daily--of which I do neither (right now )

We are all tryin' to earn a mile here and what's basically been true for all of time is: When people know your are makin' a buck, they find ways to just not like you. If you want to keep making a buck, you gotta draw the line as to where you don't give a ### what some of 'em think as long as you yourself believe that whatever you are doing is basically OK.

Take the 10 day mint rule, for example...
I don't think I've claimed to have ordered coins within the 10 day period (unless I were to tell you I have some sort of exemption status, which would allow just that) but I have said I have walked into banks with lots of coins.

So because of my speaking of walking in with lots of coins, one could then assume I must have ordered more than I should have, and because I have admitted to having had problems with different banks, one could also jump the gun and assume I must have some certain personality traits that are not good according to THEIR standards of living. And, one could also assume that whatever I am doing is bad for this program (like acting like some mischievous Leprechaun when bringin' in me golde at the teller window hehehe)...

But one could also assume that I simply ordered today, waited 10 days, and then ordered again, waited 10 more days, and so on. Then, after a long period of time, I brought them all in thinking THAT action in itself was ok.

I love how people construct pictures in their heads of each of us and then always adhere to the most negative version. I think we all do that but wow!

PS: Here's one to build on that relates to all of this--hopefully the naysayers have already stopped reading my garble long ago so they don't have to torture themselves and then take it out on all of us:

When I was 17, I worked at Burger King one summer and came in on my day off to see friends but I had inadvertently brought in a McDonald's paper bag with fries in it because we had just been there to meet another friend. We sat and ate the food from both establishments and probably talked about how in the future, maybe we would run scams involving gold and banks.

Well my manager saw us sitting there with it and she came over and asked us all to leave because of that bag. We left and that was that. Happily, however, it never affected my work there but I now knew about THAT overzealous rule, and I shook my head and had to laugh behind her back from then on. I didn't leave there til I was 42 (only kidding about that last bit. I was 44. no, I'm kidding... I'm still working there... no, kidding... I handle their finances... no, stop, please!)

there are many things I just shake my head at and then I keep on keepin on.

MM
Old Mar 21, 11, 6:02 am

Nothing going on in coins, lately, and too much off-topic stuff in here. I am going to close this for a while. Please PM me if anything new is up, and either I'll re-open the thread, or modify the FAQ (which will remain a sticky).
Old Mar 26, 11, 10:35 pm

Sent to me by KEN-NJ:

On the Mint Site

Due to the United States Mintís quarterly inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from April 4 through April 10, 2011. Orders over $300 and orders containing gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles will receive a complimentary upgrade, but may experience a slight delay. Expedited shipping will be available again for orders placed on or after April 11, 2011. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Old Apr 7, 11, 3:33 pm

yamonjon PMed me to notify me of this article, which might be of interest:

http://www.stltoday.com/business/col...a4bcf6878.html
Old May 6, 11, 9:55 am

What's up with the Mint?

As of this morning, ALL flavors of direct-ship $1 coins are out of stock until 5/21....two weeks! They have dropped a few variations, too. Are they really that far back on their orders, are they closed for vacations/inventory, what?
Old May 6, 11, 10:06 am

Pickles ordered yesterday?
Old May 6, 11, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, Choice, WN, AA, BA, UA, HA, Avis
Maybe they are tired of everyone ordering coins and not putting them into circulation.
Old May 6, 11, 10:16 am

Programs: No preference
I had an order stay on hold for 2 weeks before I cancelled it

Search this Thread
Search Engine: