Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Some of the people here are wound so tight, they could produce their own diamonds
I'll volunteer to donate the first lump of coal...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some of the people here are wound so tight, they could produce their own diamonds
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
I'll volunteer to donate the first lump of coal...

(Add mine also).
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
It is typical for the noobs to trash members that warn other members of scams out there. I guess they don’t like it when they get there hand caught in the cookie jar. Just because a long standing respected member knows of a scam does not mean he/she partakes in it. This scam has been going on for over five years. Just do a search of FT threads let alone other forums.

Just another friendly warning to all members, when you play with fire most likely you will get burned!!!

ETA: Maybe the scammers can explain the tax consequences to this scam.
This is no more of a scam than the topic of this thread, the Mint. All this is is a glitch which produces churn.

If you don't like the deal, don't do it, but for heaven's sake don't kill it for everyone else.

We've lost Amex GC, Visa GC, and Xipwire in the past few months. We don't need to lose any more.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I am starting to wonder if the dollar coin program ends prematurely what lengths people will go to in order to replace spending with the mint. Maybe that would be a great topic!
There is nothing else like it out there. I suspect we'll begun to convulse and foam at the mouths from the sheer horror of coin withdrawal.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
I live in "coal cracking country" and have 4-5 tons in the basement. I'll bring some to FTU next month....

Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by darwin76
There is nothing else like it out there. I suspect we'll begun to convulse and foam at the mouths from the sheer horror of coin withdrawal.
I agree it is a GREAT program. Easy way to get most of my $40K spending in on my hilton am ex for diamond status. Playing by the rules of $1k every 10 days means i only need an additional $4k in spending a year which I can do with one business transaction. With a Delta platnium or delta reserve, playing by the mint rules an easy way to earn to earn 10 to 15K mqms a year.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
How I hate this thread because so many simply can't just remain silent instead of going off topic. If you don't like what someone else says AND it has nothing to do with the process of purchasing US Mint $1 coins, just don't reply. Why is this so difficult?
Oh, priceless. This from the person who recently found out about the diamond scam from Mr. Pickles via twitter and apparently is now participating.

ArizonaGuy on 3/12: My only real concern is what happens when some bean counter questions what you're doing. Have you had such issues thus far?

and then after the news broke here...

ArizonaGuy on 3/17: Discretion went out the window, apparently. Love/hate relationship with the internet, most definitely.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Hi

I ordered $250 in coins today. It was my first Mint order and I got George Washingtons!!!!!!!!!!

Will those earn the miles for my frequent flier miles programme or do some coins not count?

I have a credit card !!!!!!!!

oh Hey is this a scam because someone told me this is a scam and my friend owns a business so I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

I heard of a diamond trade thing too and I would love to get in on that because I like 60's rock.

Anyway you can personal message me with any tips and that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
PM sent, or should I just publish it here?

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Hi

I ordered $250 in coins today. It was my first Mint order and I got George Washingtons!!!!!!!!!!

Will those earn the miles for my frequent flier miles programme or do some coins not count?

oh Hey is this a scam because someone told me this is a scam and my friend owns a business so I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

I heard of a diamond trade thing too and I would love to get in on that because I like 60's rock.

Anyway you can personal message me with any tips and that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by mrpickles
PM sent, or should I just publish it here?
Just publish it here like you do with everything else!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Hi

Read the FAQ!!!

Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: Any and All
My own mint

I just bought 1,000 direct ship seeds on my AA Visa, so I should be able to start up my own Mint operation now. I will accept Amex GC's and Visa GC's, and you can choose from 250oz boxes of Peppermint, Spearmint, or Wintergreen.

Cost is $1 per ounce, and you should be able to to take them to your local farmer's market and liquidate them for cash. This is the next big thing people.

PM me to adopt a plant for pennies a day, and provide all the water and nitrogen rich soil it needs to flourish! You'll receive a 4x6 glossy in 5-8 business days.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:14 am

shipping charge

I have been doing the coin thing for a while, just got hit with my first shipping charge, $4.95, not going to call the mint about it, not worth the chance they might notice how much they ship to me.

Just wondering any one else been hit for it?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, American Advantage, Continental Onepass
Yes, I just saw the 4.95 charge.
We will see what happens...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
It's weird because it shows the shipping as $0 when you add it to your cart but then when you go to check out it's $4.95.

The gravy train could be over. For my hilton card it is worth it since I value hilton points at least a penny each and get 3pt/$ charged so will still be netting $25 plus helping to meet my $40K spend for diamond.

Don't think it's worth it for the sky pesos on delta though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.