Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Mar 16, 11, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Deleted

Last edited by HoKo; Mar 16, 11 at 3:26 pm Reason: Decided to PM instead
Old Mar 16, 11, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
Actually, it's not too bad. You haven't seen worse on FT yet.

To his credit, OP probably replied with a smart phone, making spell check, punctuations, etc. much more difficult.
very true like posts from yours truly, not on purpose but at times after writing it all I hit Submit before doing a proof reading not realizing how bad it came out till later on, and thats w/o writing more then a few sentences

I can think of what I want to post and hit the keys but my fingers are usually slower than my mind and thusly resulting in mispelled words , grammar mistakes and even whole words missing. Sometimes wonder if I was drinking when I posted
Old Mar 16, 11, 3:39 pm

This thread is more like a chat room. It has almost nothing to do with the program. In fact, if it weren't so cluttered with irrelevant dialogue, you wouldn't have people asking the same questions over and over because they don't want to read 1000 pages of this. Seriously, we should make a FlyerTalk chat room, perhaps on IRC and leave this thread alone.
Old Mar 16, 11, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
Yeah, I saw this Seinfeld was on TV the other night.

One of my favorites. ^^^^^

I guess 3 Calzones in nickels and pennies is roughly equivalent to quarterly real estate taxes in golden dollars.
and I have done just that!
Old Mar 16, 11, 3:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63 View Post
This thread is more like a chat room. It has almost nothing to do with the program. In fact, if it weren't so cluttered with irrelevant dialogue, you wouldn't have people asking the same questions over and over because they don't want to read 1000 pages of this. Seriously, we should make a FlyerTalk chat room, perhaps on IRC and leave this thread alone.
Actually we tried, but people continued asking questions that had just been answered in the last 20 posts. Many have simply given up answering.

Originally Posted by craz View Post
Sometimes wonder if I was drinking when I posted
That happens to me a lot if I post before a sip of coffee. Later when I was reading my own post, I was embarrassed at how bad it was written.

EDIT: Opps just happened again. Corrected misspelling.
Old Mar 16, 11, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually we tried, but people continued asking questions that had just been answered in the last 20 posts. Many have simply given up answering.

That happens to me a lot if I post before a sip of coffee. Later when I was reading my own post, I was embarrassed at how bad it was written.

EDIT: Opps just happened again. Corrected misspelling.
how BADLY it was written lol
Old Mar 16, 11, 4:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
how BADLY it was written lol
Coffee time...
My own excuse - have been working 14-15 hours a day...
Old Mar 16, 11, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Coffee time...
My own excuse - have been working 14-15 hours a day...
ah I'm just giving ya sh#t. But hey I am currently in the temp-to-long-term role the stay at home Mr. mom for a 2 and 4 year old so THAT'S work!!!! lol
Old Mar 16, 11, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
That's one option...or people could utilize the search function, thereby negating the need to read the entire thread
Old Mar 16, 11, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Best, most informative comment in at least the last 5,000 posts.
Old Mar 16, 11, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A bit of an aside. Many of you are followers of a self-proclaimed expert in dollar coins. I found this quote from a thread in travelingbetter.com quite shocking and telling.

"This Mr. Pickles is taking this to an extreme by buying and returning tens of thousands of dollars of diamonds. He wants to buy and return $200k, all just to get 4 SWU. Hes bragged about it on twitter probably leading to more people doing this."

Not even situational ethics could justify either the intent or the practice of such behavior. YMMV.
Old Mar 16, 11, 8:24 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dayone View Post
A bit of an aside. Many of you are followers of a self-proclaimed expert in dollar coins. I found this quote from a thread in travelingbetter.com quite shocking and telling.

"This Mr. Pickles is taking this to an extreme by buying and returning tens of thousands of dollars of diamonds. He wants to buy and return $200k, all just to get 4 SWU. Hes bragged about it on twitter probably leading to more people doing this."

Not even situational ethics could justify either the intent or the practice of such behavior. YMMV.

God Bless Mr. Pickles if this is true.

There is nothing ethical about the diamond business. They deserve whatever they get.
Old Mar 16, 11, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer View Post
God Bless Mr. Pickles if this is true.

There is nothing ethical about the diamond business. They deserve whatever they get.
You are aware that the only individual getting ripped off is the middle man here. Not a diamond miner, not a diamond sales team.

But a witty generalization like yours about the entire diamond industry clearly demonstrates your capacity to provide insight.
Old Mar 16, 11, 8:36 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Mar 16, 11, 8:49 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
You are aware that the only individual getting ripped off is the middle man here. Not a diamond miner, not a diamond sales team.

But a witty generalization like yours about the entire diamond industry clearly demonstrates your capacity to provide insight.
A lot of comments about things people don't know what they are talking about.

I can assure you that there is no violation of policies of the merchant or AAdvantage program and the merchant is not losing any cc discount.

Enough said now get back on topic:

Coins!

Last edited by mrpickles; Mar 17, 11 at 11:58 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: