Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Mar 15, 11, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
On my Citi CC account it previously posted as "US MINT COIN SALES", but it posted today as "OFC DOLLAR COIN". I hope this doesn't mean anything.

This time my coins arrived before the debit was posted on Citi. Cool.
I always had OFC DOLLAR COIN on AMEX and Chase AA Visa ..
Old Mar 15, 11, 11:36 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
Originally Posted by hawaii2midtown View Post
Hmm okay, helpful. Will order the same four in the future.
SIMPLIFY!!
Old Mar 15, 11, 11:39 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Woot! Coins arrived this morning, took them to my local TD branch for deposit.

"Anything else today sir?"
Old Mar 15, 11, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...es.XETV?hpt=T2
Old Mar 15, 11, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by chimmy826 View Post
I purchased some gift cards at GC.com last night via BC.com, which normally nets $12.00 CB per $500 card, but I just checked my account and last night's purchases posted at $2.00 per card even though BC still lists the CB at 2.4%.

I don't know of any other thread where this is being discussed, so I posted it here. Hope it helps before you do any large purchases.
Just an update on this... BigCrumbs just posted the missing $10 from each GC.com purchase made on 3/5 without me even asking them to do so. Now that's customer service. I was going to wait the two weeks to submit a ticket, but now I don't have to. They did it on their own.
Old Mar 16, 11, 10:07 am

Fastest order in a while!

Fastest order in a few months!

Ordered over the weekend (12 March), shipped Wednesday (16 March) for delivery on Thursday (17 March).
Old Mar 16, 11, 10:19 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Plat, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by gm9928 View Post
Fastest order in a few months!

Ordered over the weekend (12 March), shipped Wednesday (16 March) for delivery on Thursday (17 March).
Ditto that. Ordered 3/14, shipping 3/16 for delivery 3/17. WOW! I just received my last shipment ON 3/14, which was ordered on 3/3 and shipped 3/11.
Old Mar 16, 11, 10:32 am

Programs: All of em...
Sorry, I'm a n00b to the coins ordering.

I have read a lot through this thread and on other sites about the coin ordering for miles, however, can someone clarify:

Is the limit $1,000 in coins every 10 days PER CREDIT CARD, or PER ADDRESS?

I thought I had read before it was $1k per person/address every 10 days, but that post on here recently about the guy maxing out like $38k in coins on his AMEX card and getting it canceled made me rethink that. Clearly he was ordering more than $1k at a time.

How much do you guys order at a time? I want in!!
Old Mar 16, 11, 11:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by x712xdamx View Post

I have only been doing this since the first of the year. I started ordering 500 then made sure the points posted and all went smothly with taking to the bank. then i uped it to 1k. I have seince tryed a second credit card at 500 then to 1k. i only order 1k every 10 or 11 calender days and have never had a problem. If I can get 30 orders in a year i will be happy.
also i use cards that are more than a month old, ie not on first cycle, and they are cards i do daily charging on so while the coins account for a high dollar amount there are lost of small tranactions around them. so far it working well. plus we actually find all kinds of places to actually use the coins in lui of cash.
Old Mar 16, 11, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by x712xdamx View Post
Sorry, I'm a n00b to the coins ordering.

I have read a lot through this thread and on other sites about the coin ordering for miles, however, can someone clarify:

Is the limit $1,000 in coins every 10 days PER CREDIT CARD, or PER ADDRESS?

I thought I had read before it was $1k per person/address every 10 days, but that post on here recently about the guy maxing out like $38k in coins on his AMEX card and getting it canceled made me rethink that. Clearly he was ordering more than $1k at a time.

If you can be bothered ploughing through 13,500 posts of utter drivel then all the answers you will ever need are contained within the remainder of this helpful thread.
Old Mar 16, 11, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by particlemn View Post
I have only been doing this since the first of the year. I started ordering 500 then made sure the points posted and all went smothly with taking to the bank. then i uped it to 1k. I have seince tryed a second credit card at 500 then to 1k. i only order 1k every 10 or 11 calender days and have never had a problem. If I can get 30 orders in a year i will be happy.
also i use cards that are more than a month old, ie not on first cycle, and they are cards i do daily charging on so while the coins account for a high dollar amount there are lost of small tranactions around them. so far it working well. plus we actually find all kinds of places to actually use the coins in lui of cash.
How is it possible that, in a day and age of as-you-go spell and grammar check, and an acceptable public education system, that there are individuals who make this many errors within two paragraphs?

Baffling.
Old Mar 16, 11, 12:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
How is it possible that, in a day and age of as-you-go spell and grammar check, and an acceptable public education system, that there are individuals who make this many errors within two paragraphs?

Baffling.
Actually, it's not too bad. You haven't seen worse on FT yet.

To his credit, OP probably replied with a smart phone, making spell check, punctuations, etc. much more difficult.
Old Mar 16, 11, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post

Baffling.
LOL, everytime I tell myself there's no point in reading this thread anymore something entertaining like this happens
Old Mar 16, 11, 12:58 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by HoKo View Post
LOL, everytime I tell myself there's no point in reading this thread anymore something entertaining like this happens
I think the thread has gotten cliqueish (sorry from the bottom of my heart if that is misspelled) and rude.

To the poster requesting information on limits, there is no answer.

Many users try to avoid the limits by establishing different accounts with different credit cards and different addresses. Just when you think that works, all of a sudden it doesn't. The "multiple" orders go into perpetual hold and the Mint CSRs can't figure out why - the actual reason is a high level person at the Mint has linked the accounts in analyzing the 10 day rule.

Then all of a sudden, all of the multiple accounts, multiple credit cards and multiple addresses works again. Presumably because the inventory of $1 coins is high again. Unfortunately, the only way to come up with a technique is continuous trial and error. When an oder goes into processing and then into shipping very fast, that is a good time to try multiple orders.
Old Mar 16, 11, 12:59 pm
Original Member

Duplicate

Search this Thread
Search Engine: