Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:50 pm

thank you
that now explains what happened
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:21 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
The mint has started taking notice of orders more closely and is shutting down accounts. YMMV.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by ffI
The mint has started taking notice of orders more closely and is shutting down accounts. YMMV.
As long as you are adhering to the 10 day waiting period you should be ok.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ffI
Hmmmmmm......Do you have first hand knowledge of accounts shut down?
The mint taking notice of orders more closely?

Cheers!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by ffI
On what basis are you making this statement?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by HoKo
On what basis are you making this statement?
i doubt most people here hsve an account with them
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:51 pm
xp0

My "10 days" is coming up soon so I guess I shall see what happens after that.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ffI
Chicken Little: A little more information please?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
Maybe it has to do with the tracking devices they have been putting in the rolls!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
Maybe it has to do with the tracking devices they have been putting in the rolls!
Are there black helicopers involved?

Anyways, my latest order arrived in record time.

So I still had 3 boxes left over from the previous order, and I've generally been depositing (not immediately) the excess at a great community bank, but this time I decided to make a deposit into my Bank of America account. I know a fair amount about banking, but I was a bit surprised that the teller didn't even open the boxes. She just sealed them in a plastic bag for shipment to the cash vault ~100 miles away. She gave me a receipt, but it is subject to verification. It was all so matter of fact that I suspect I may not be the first person to make such a deposit in our small town.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by PIONEER
Are there black helicopers involved?

Anyways, my latest order arrived in record time.

So I still had 3 boxes left over from the previous order, and I've generally been depositing (not immediately) the excess at a great community bank, but this time I decided to make a deposit into my Bank of America account. I know a fair amount about banking, but I was a bit surprised that the teller didn't even open the boxes. She just sealed them in a plastic bag for shipment to the cash vault ~100 miles away. She gave me a receipt, but it is subject to verification. It was all so matter of fact that I suspect I may not be the first person to make such a deposit in our small town.
I've been going to the BOA here in BOS and I just hand them the boxes they are shippped in, I do open them though to double check myself before they are sent away.

I guess if the box that it comes in weighs +19lbs I really shouldn't have to worry.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Moron UPS driver just left $4,000 sitting on my doorstep with no signature.

Anyone have a good phone # for UPS so that I can call and complain and hammer it into their heads to never do this again or should I just use the general customer service line?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:31 pm

eBay was never that good of a deal, not even in the heyday of Bing.

Why bother with the massive coin weights when $2 bills and bullion were in abundance and not as heavily marked up by the churners? The opportunity cost of the dollar coins was other, more profitable forms of Bing churn.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus

Anyone have a good phone # for UPS so that I can call and complain and hammer it into their heads to never do this again or should I just use the general customer service line?
1-800-PICK-UPS is the only number you'd get routed through ... but make sure you ask for the warehouse to place a specific complaint there.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt

I would use the USPS because of this but hey that's just me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.