Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:43 pm

how long does it take to go from "in process" till it actually ships? I have been there for 6 days after 2 days on hold

Can I order on the 10th day even though my first order did not ship yet?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
Originally Posted by swimbaby
how long does it take to go from "in process" till it actually ships? I have been there for 6 days after 2 days on hold

I'm in the same boat. My order has been in process since Wednesday of last week.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Varies. I'm at 9 days on an order right now

Yes
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:16 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
And the war on drugs could be solved by getting rid of the 100 and the 50.

What's your point?
I'm not making any point. I quoted a headline and posted a link to an article that I thought would be of interest to others. Is that a problem?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:03 pm

how long does it take to go from "in process" till it actually ships?
Varies tremendously from week to week. Time from order to delivery for me over the last few months has been anywhere between 3 days and 16 days. Last two weeks the mint is slow. Maybe next week it will be fast. Just depends on what they got going on.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:05 pm

@thehawk
Surprised everything went fine for you. As buyer, I would have been super pissed if I bought auction with expectation of fast shipping and then seller tells me I have to wait 2 weeks even before he ships it..

And then mint of course put invoice with cost and all the stuff inside the boxes Did buyers not complain that you ripped them off?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
At one time eBay was worth it, when there was 'bing cashback', and no limits on coin purchases.

I'd advertise an auction for 10 boxes ($2500) for $2675 with bing cashback instructions. With bcb at 8% (max $200) would yield a net price to the buyer at $2475.

I'd then order the coins from the mint, and put the shipping address to the buyer (after waiting about 2 weeks for money to move from paypal account to my bank account -- I would disclose that shipping wouldn't occur till 2 weeks after auction ended).
it would work better with 30% cash back
Paypal/Ebay fees would eat up about $125ish...

Shipping was included, since, it came directly from the mint.

End result, I earned an extra $50 per order, buyer earned $25, and I also avoided an additional trip to the bank.

At any rate, that was a while ago now, I've certainly stopped bothering with eBay as it's certainly not worth the effort now.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by element7
@thehawk
Surprised everything went fine for you. As buyer, I would have been super pissed if I bought auction with expectation of fast shipping and then seller tells me I have to wait 2 weeks even before he ships it..

And then mint of course put invoice with cost and all the stuff inside the boxes Did buyers not complain that you ripped them off?
The buyer was paying below face value, got to use their credit card for the order, could stack bing cash back and cash back from another site.

Not to mention some users were enrolled early in the beta phase of the eBay bucks program.

The deal was pretty good for the buyer.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Ugh. Shipping has been slow lately. 8+ days...
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Miami305
Ugh. Shipping has been slow lately. 8+ days...
I havent ordered in a long time but I seem to remember that one is quoted 1-2 weeks for shipment.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by element7
@thehawk

Why would you have the expectation of 'fast shipping' if the seller put right in the auction that shipping would be 2 weeks after payment received?

As far as invoice goes, I don't think the buyers cared, some could have been flyertalkers for all I know, one guy I dealt with clearly knew about the direct ship program, he asked if I was getting the coins from there and I confirmed I was -- he still bought. Fact is they were getting the coins under face value. They know I have to pay eBay/paypal so, it's not like a King's ransom was being made. BTW. when did it become immoral to make a profit anyway? I certainly don't feel 'ripped off' when I buy a subway sandwich for $5, despite the fact I know that the sum of all parts going into it cost less than $5.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Why would you have the expectation of 'fast shipping' if the seller put right in the auction that shipping would be 2 weeks after payment received?

As far as invoice goes, I don't think the buyers cared, some could have been flyertalkers for all I know, one guy I dealt with clearly knew about the direct ship program, he asked if I was getting the coins from there and I confirmed I was -- he still bought. Fact is they were getting the coins under face value. They know I have to pay eBay/paypal so, it's not like a King's ransom was being made. BTW. when did it become immoral to make a profit anyway? I certainly don't feel 'ripped off' when I buy a subway sandwich for $5, despite the fact I know that the sum of all parts going into it cost less than $5.
Worked out better for everyone with your ebay situation. You made some money and the buyer also saved money. If I could buy $1K in currency for a discount (plus the buyer still got hte points on the credit card using ebay), I wouldn't have a problem doing it as long I knew I would get the funds within two weeks.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Order process has become quirky. I think there may be a new wrinkle.

In the meantime, I'm using dollar coins everywhere. Young folks like them.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:33 pm

my order is in process, 6 days ago it showed as pending on my cc. Now it has disappeared from pending and the cc completely
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:37 pm
Suspended

my order is in process, 6 days ago it showed as pending on my cc. Now it has disappeared from pending and the cc completely
Your card will drop the pending amount after a period of time (varies based on the bank) if a purchase isn't sent thru. This won't affect your order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.