Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
The website states that standard shipping is free. Does that mean that the courier leaves the package ouside the door if no one is at home?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:27 pm
Suspended

I found the US Mint Shipping policy:

The United States Mint offers its customers various shipping options: Standard, Expedited and International. Orders completed by mail, phone or through the United States Mint Online Catalog are charged a standard shipping fee of $4.95 per order.

Orders for merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping. Gift box and shipping and handling charges are not considered part of the merchandise total.
Shipments containing any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping. If you choose Expedited Shipping you will be charged a fee of $12.95 whether your shipment contains any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles or not.
Orders are not valid until accepted by the United States Mint.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to United States Mint processing.
The United States Mint reserves the right to limit quantities and may discontinue accepting orders at any time.
The United States Mint reserves the right to accept or reject coin orders in any combination or option(s) it determines to be in its best interest.
In the event a particular coin option is sold out, the United States Mint reserves the right to either process partial orders and make refunds, or return orders in their entirety.
Expedited Shipping is not available to U.S. territories, PO Box, APO, FPO, and other selected addresses not serviced by our delivery carriers.
Shipping charges are subject to change without notice.
Bags of 500 coins or greater will be charged $7.95 per bag plus the appropriate shipping fee of Standard or International Shipping. Expedited Shipping is not available for International orders.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
strip clubs make the most sense...
Do they stay tucked in wherever one tucks paper money? Or do they create an unsightly bulge? Or clang to the floor and roll under a table?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lili
Do they stay tucked in wherever one tucks paper money? Or do they create an unsightly bulge? Or clang to the floor and roll under a table?
Maybe a few of rolls of coins and a roll of tape?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
oh my...

i just googled "strippers dollar coins"

i'm embarrassed to say that we are late to the game on discussing this conundrum...

VERY late
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:07 pm
Suspended

i'm embarrassed to say that we are late to the game on discussing this conundrum...

VERY late
In my opinion, it's never too late to discuss some conundrums
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by imasosec
The Printer's Union at BEP has a lot of influence and they make political contributions to the right members of Congress.
Also Crane paper company from MA produces all the paper for US bills. Without a one dollar bill they would be producing a LOT less paper, which means less jobs in MA.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""

VERY late
We, FlyerTalkers, are embarrassingly not even on the map. Perhaps this is a good thing.

I've never been to a strip club, but imagining the visuals with coins is very strange. BTW, I thought any common man put up more than a $1 bill, and even the small time players were tucking in something more like $50, $100. So, one hundred presidential coins weigh HOW MUCH????

That sweet little dancer better be hauling a rollerbag on stage.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:05 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Orders for merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping.
Another good reason to order two boxes!

Other uses for the coins:
*Tape them around your ankles as jogging weights.
*Let your kids build a $500 house using the rolls as logs.
*Buy a wooden chest at a nearby import store, fill with coins, and play "pirate treasure."
*Pay off your taxes, rent, or or other large money due situations where you wish to show your displeasure. (Hey, it's not pennies, but it'll do.)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ned
Does anyone know how these are shipped; USPS, FedEx, etc?
I ordered two boxes. They took my PO box for delivery address (which is also my billing address) so I'm guessing it will be USPS...it is the government after all...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by VPescado
Umm...that's not how it works. The Mint is essentially charged $1 when they monetize the coin. Their cost of 18 cents (or whatever) is covered by their budget.

You might also want to look into how the money supply in the US is controlled to understand why the Treasury can't (using your same argument) just print $100 bills for a huge "profit".
You are going to want to google the word seignorage. Coins function differently than bills.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by imasosec
... Also, the program will end at the first living President, currently Jimmy Carter. So, if Carter is alive after the Gerald Ford Dollar is issued in 2016, the program ends and there will be no Ronald Reagan coin.
Long live Jimmy Carter!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jswadley
A scheme to exchange real currency for equally real currency in order to earn fake currency. Brilliant!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:41 pm

I placed 3 orders for $500, and they all shipped out today according to the email I just received. Not bad.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:01 pm

in for a set, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.