Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
FR on citi cards or FR on Amex cards?
AMEX
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by elkhornne
If using Am Ex Starwood or Hilton and not maxing out my credit card do I have to worry about a FR if all I do is order $1000.00 in coins a month?

I'm new and do not want to hurt my 800+ credit score.

Thanks for your honest opinion.
The only rule seems to be there are no rules. A crap shoot that most win.

I doubt your credit score is in jeopardy at any rate unless the cc company on it's own closed your accounts.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by ed765
My experience of being shorted over $300 happened at a East coast branch.
Ouch! $300!!

How big was the deposit? That's 12 rolls of coins! That's more than a box!!

Originally Posted by QL_714
That pretty much shoots down the BS that it does not happen on the east coast.
Of course, here we go again. I'm spreading BS?

Originally Posted by thehawk75
...Not all Bank of America's do that. It's a regional thing. It seems only those on the West coast do it (that I know of anyway)...
Ok, I guess the qualifier words mean nothing. I would have figured they would imply an observation and in fact make it clear I wasn't making a statement of fact -- well, my observations are fact, the theory is still that, a theory, which needs more evidence to prove one way or another. So we have more evidence that proves the other thanks to the data provided by ed765. Now we know it happens on the east coast to. Could have left it at that, but no, you had to show how 'clever' you are.

Ok buddy, anything else you want to twist around?

Last edited by thehawk75; Feb 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Of course, here we go again. I'm spreading BS?
Hey it is Friday don’t take everything so seriously!

ETA: I think you missed this part of your quote: "On the east coast they don't try this nonsense."

Last edited by QL_714; Feb 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:02 pm
Suspended

And on a differentnote, my 2009 NA"s showed up today and theyr'e in the old packaging. Had never sen the plastic tray shippers before.

The amount of solid waste associated with this program is sickening
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: Any and All
Originally Posted by Stoughton
And on a differentnote, my 2009 NA"s showed up today and theyr'e in the old packaging. Had never sen the plastic tray shippers before.

I know! I've actually had to call and order more recycling bins for my house to handle all of the cardboard and brown paper!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11
I know! I've actually had to call and order more recycling bins for my house to handle all of the cardboard and brown paper!
I try to dump as much as I can at the post office
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta FO
This two day shipping is amazing. My box was shipped from Indiana and I recieved it the next afternoon here in central Alaska.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:47 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11
LoL! I know!!! I wish they didnt ship all the damn paper. The boxes I can break down and they dont take up much space folded up .. but that paper.... dang ...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:51 pm

I admit I may have missed it here..but have gone through pages and pages and am not seeing the answer...

On AE is there a certain amount (percentage) that you should not exceed in terms of how much of your balance/credit line is on coin purchases?

Any guidance would be appreciated
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ddfr

On AE is there a certain amount (percentage) that you should not exceed in terms of how much of your balance/credit line is on coin purchases?
NO
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Hey - just recycle the plastic like we do with the debit cards after we stripmine them for miles. Think green, lots of green.

Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:55 pm

Just realize AE is over on the more conservative and risk adverse side of the scale.

Originally Posted by deant
NO
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:57 pm

Just recycle the paper like a 30 day CD purchased by a credit card. Or a bundle of $2 bills.

Originally Posted by xp0
LoL! I know!!! I wish they didnt ship all the damn paper. The boxes I can break down and they dont take up much space folded up .. but that paper.... dang ...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

I agree. I think it's sickening the size of the main box they use to ship them in as well. Amazon is no better though, I have seen them use boxes big enough to ship two pairs of shoes in to once when they sent my sister a 3 oz tube of mosterizer cream.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.