Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
to have your cc charged? I ordered mine last week, got the email confirm. of the sale but my cc has not been charged yet and I have not rec'd any shipping info. Is this normal?
Your credit card won't be charged until the coins actually ship.

Lately, the delay from order to ship is around 2 weeks (I guess to give time to the USMint employees to see if the shipping address has been used for these coins already?)

For example, my last order of $500 of John Quincy Adams was made on November 20th. The shipment (and charge to my card) occurred on December 10th. They arrived on 12/15.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
[QUOTE=FruJu;10975305]
Lately, the delay from order to ship is around 2 weeks (I guess to give time to the USMint employees to see if the shipping address has been used for these coins already?).QUOTE]

I agree they are taking longer , but I think they decide yes or no , by 9:30am on the next business day. My wife , our Imaginary friend, and I have received about 15 shipments so far. The five or so that were canceled, were all killed by the next business morning.

I think they just let the orders sit around for a while , because they can. Government job, you know...
Old Jan 1, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
[QUOTE=TheRoadIsLife;10977922]
Originally Posted by FruJu
Lately, the delay from order to ship is around 2 weeks (I guess to give time to the USMint employees to see if the shipping address has been used for these coins already?).QUOTE]

I agree they are taking longer , but I think they decide yes or no , by 9:30am on the next business day. My wife , our Imaginary friend, and I have received about 15 shipments so far. The five or so that were canceled, were all killed by the next business morning.

I think they just let the orders sit around for a while , because they can. Government job, you know...
So did you use the same shipping and billing address for all the coin boxes?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:03 pm

Native American coin added to Direct Ship Program

Details:

2009 Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls - Native American - Agriculture (N01)

Price: $250.00
Enter Quantity
Product will be available for shipping 01/06/2009
Add to Wish List

Add to Cart

To encourage robust national circulation of $1 Coins (non-numismatic, circulation-grade coins), the United States Mint has introduced the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Program. This program makes it easy for retailers, financial institutions, and other interested parties to obtain smaller quantities of $1 coins than can otherwise be obtained from the Federal Reserve.

The $1 coins, wrapped in rolls of 25, are available in quantities of $250 (1 box) or $500 (2 boxes).

For this special program:

* The United States Mint pays for standard shipping and handling of domestic orders. Any special handling will be paid by the customer.
* Orders are limited to two boxes ($500) per coin issue.
* Specific coins are available only while supplies last.
* Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks for shipping.
* All sales are final.

To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time (January 2, 2009, 12:00 Noon ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:29 pm

Good catch... ordered 2 boxes Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No more free shipping

Just ordered 2 boxes but the 4.95 std shipping no longer waived, It was added on checkout, eventhough in the front page description it said Mint would pay for std shipping.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Just ordered 2 boxes but the 4.95 std shipping no longer waived, It was added on checkout, eventhough in the front page description it said Mint would pay for std shipping.
My shipping was free at checkout, as always.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhacker
Not mine. Ordered it around 12:45pm. Shipping is charged, even with a thrown in Prez coin (fully expect that would be a line-cancelled item). May be the glitch is fixed when you ordered.

I just called. The helpful rep looked at it and said she took the shipping off the order.

Hopefully it will be the case when it is billed.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Not mine. Ordered it around 12:45pm. Shipping is charged, even with a thrown in Prez coin (fully expect that would be a line-cancelled item). May be the glitch is fixed when you ordered.

I just called. The helpful rep looked at it and said she took the shipping off the order.

Hopefully it will be the case when it is billed.
It was fixed by 2:08.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by emmpee
Good catch... ordered 2 boxes Thanks!
Me too.
Originally Posted by dhacker
Me too.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
I'll raise you ten...

For what its worth, I can confirm it was fixed by 1:58pm today...
Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:17 am

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
There is still confusion at the Mint

My on-line order placed today:

Order Process Date: 1/03/09

Merchandise : 1000.00
Freight . . . :
Add'l Frt . . : 12.95
Total . . : 1012.95

1. NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COIN (N01)
Qty 2 @ $250.00 - In stock.

2. JAMES MADISON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y04)
Qty 2 @ $250.00 - In stock.

I called the Mint. They said that I had selected special handling, which I had not. They then canceled my original order and reordered. The same freight charge came up. They then tried to correct and it came up with a $4.95 frt. charge. This was also credited so my shipment should be freight free, we'll see when it arrives
Old Jan 3, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
I just ordered 2 boxes of the NA coins and had no issues with being charged shipping.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
My order for 2 boxes of Native American coins went through without a hitch. However, last week's order for a repeat order of two boxes of Geo Wash coins was cancelled. They seem to be enforcing the 2 box/president limit now.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Originally Posted by LornaV
However, last week's order for a repeat order of two boxes of Geo Wash coins was cancelled. They seem to be enforcing the 2 box/president limit now.
Is it 2 boxes/president for each person/household/credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.