Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by gm9928
Where is my tin foil hat?

I think you left it in your Faraday Cage!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Of course! They knew that my new batch of Visa gift cards are arriving this week!!
And just where are the 2011 Native coins? It is Feb already!!! Heck, I would settle for Lincoln....
JudyJFLA
Don't hold your breadth. They may not mint enough 2011 NAs to make the Direct Ship option necessary to get them into "circulation." I'm certain we won't see Lincolns or Buchanans or Pierces or ...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MojaveJack
Don't hold your breadth. They may not mint enough 2011 NAs to make the Direct Ship option necessary to get them into "circulation." I'm certain we won't see Lincolns or Buchanans or Pierces or ...
That may be true if they don't mint as many presidents as last year. IIRC from the very old discussion in this thread, they have to mint a certain % as NA. So they most likely will still have to mint the NA but could stock them for 10+ years before selling them (just like they are selling the 2001 NA now).

Because of this, I did thought about only ordering the presidents to drive up the demand and give them a bigger trouble to deal with a bigger pile of NA... I am sure my orders won't make that big of a difference though, so I didn't really carry it out.

EDIT: You did refer to the production reduction of the presidents... So I agree that may affect the NA in 2011.

Last edited by buschoi; Feb 6, 2011 at 1:19 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:16 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Smile

When they are in stock I always order the presidents vs the NA.

I'm sure Sacajawea was a very nice girl. But she's no George Washington.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
Orders on 2/2 went from 'hold' to 'processing' today as well... hope Monday is good ^
My 2/2 orders are still on hold (although in stock and reserved)...
I wish I had ordered "your" presidents....
Old Feb 6, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
CoinStar - iTunes

40 dollar coins in, $40 eCert + $10 GC iTunes out. (I was able to do eight Lowe's GC's, maybe multilple iTunes GC's are possible.)
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
CoinStar - iTunes

40 dollar coins in, $40 eCert + $10 GC iTunes out. (I was able to do eight Lowe's GC's, maybe multilple iTunes GC's are possible.)
T&C says limit one per name/address. Did you use 8 different mailing addresses?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
All to the same address. First three Lowe's GC's, then five more. Someone could try two iTunes for starters.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
When they are in stock I always order the presidents vs the NA.

I'm sure Sacajawea was a very nice girl. But she's no George Washington.
I sometimes order Andrew Jackson because some say he was a deviant and so am I. But mostly I order Sacajawea when available because that way over time I can learn how to spell it without copy/pasting, and say it.

but of course, unless you are collecting one of each for posterity, none of this should matter. We must all stay on focus as to why we are doing this.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Plat, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
It's not by email addresses, is hint one.
Finally, someone who offers advice. Thank you, Bikeguy.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
CoinStar - iTunes

Thanks for the heads up on this offer. This will help me save a little on my next itunes purchases since Costco quit carrying the discounted itunes cards.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Any problems accessing the Mint account? I cant seem to login.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: Several dozen
The Mint has not explained how they enforce the limit (but it is not all done automatically - there seems to also be some manual intervention which makes for variability in the enforcement of their controls)

Originally Posted by dweick
That IS the answer.

And if you want to learn more, read the thread.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Any problems accessing the Mint account? I cant seem to login.
Works fine here

2010 NA's and GW's appear to be back in stock
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: Several dozen
And what makes you think Amexfolk, Mintfolk, auditfolk, fraud examinerfolk, losspreventionfolk and the like are not on the board?

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Apparently he works for the Mint, American Express, and Bigcrumbs! To quote John Stossel, GIVE ME A BREAK! You have got to be kidding me, coming on here acting as if you work for the Mint and having nothing to back it up. I think it's safe for everyone on the board that what you are doing is making ASSUMPTIONS. Simple as that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.