Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Feb 2, 11, 9:18 pm

Astrophsx, Before this gets out of hand, I think you may be confusing him with MrPickles who out-did everyone with something like 800,000 coins.

P.S. I am not blaming either of them for anything.
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
I'm sure I could find more. Point being that you've been one of the few that are constantly bringing up that people should not be putting deals on full blast and rubbing it in the faces of the companies that can shut it down. I'm just pointing out that you are going against your own advice with a tongue and cheek joke. I apologize if you took it as an attack.

You are suggesting that you are not abusing the deals you learn of, but you then post how you are ordering $10k plus gift cards and $18k in coins... which is going over the limits and putting that on "blast".

Back on topic... Is there any need to keep the thread open if there is no new information putting put forward? Or is order/ship times enough to keep this going?
well I mean if you are looking through the entire thread JUST to try to find something on somebody that's a bit odd, but whatever. Thing is, I never did do an 18k order and even you point out it's a joke. (it was 22k no...23..4...nah, I ordered a VGC with an AGC and converted that to a Vdebit that was used to buy a MO that was converted to cash all for 68cents, or was it 46cents in AK?)

I dunno if I ordered 10k GCs but if I did I would have put your face on them because the difference has been that in that thread you started, you proposed such things in all seriousness in nearly every single post!

Look I dunno about you but this is getting old. You and I are like two old men at a Jewish deli arguing over how they make the soup. It's got to stop regardless of the fate of this thread. Otherwise, will sitting on some beach that was had by spending all the miles and points we've earned be worth it if it all came from constant arguments and badgering as 'payment' for the free flights and hotels? I sure hope not! When I'm soaking in some hot tub somewhere outside a 5 star hotel I got for a song, I do NOT want to think of you! Sorry.
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
Astrophsx, Before this gets out of hand, I think you may be confusing him with MrPickles who out-did everyone with something like 800,000 coins.

P.S. I am not blaming either of them for anything.
Yes, but he never has said anything about not posting deals online because they could be killed. I just get tired of the finger pointing here and was trying to show that those who've been doing it are going against their own words. They then justify that the info is already out now and they can talk about what they are doing freely and help other but that it is a certain person's fault if something gets killed.

We probably should stop asking for this thread to be closed, because it will only be permanently closed when the Mint decides to shut down the direct ship. This thread generates lots of traffic, which = more money for Flyertalk from banner ads that load each time a page is refreshed.
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:42 pm

Programs: Several dozen
You mean as in a total product stockout? If you miss the meaning, just reread the response.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
Perhaps they ran out of the ones that your ordered?
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:51 pm

Programs: Several dozen
OK, Prez or NA? Or a mix? Placed on 01/26 as a .25 .5 .75 or 1? With a new card, previously used card, new address, previously used address? PM, please. Spread spectrum dates, spread spectrum products, spread spectrum etc. nada, nada, nada.

Originally Posted by benmaller View Post
my 1/26 orders were delivered yesterday
Old Feb 2, 11, 10:11 pm

Programs: United: 1K
I
Back on topic... Is there any need to keep the thread open if there is no new information putting put forward? Or is order/ship times enough to keep this going?
I'm with you, this thread hasn't served a useful purpose in a long-long time. Just the same repeated questions that are answered in the FAQ and people who want to share with the world that they just ordered some or just had some delivered or are still waiting for delivery or got a box weighing 13.8 lbs and should they panic or not. Is it that hard to simple follow the steps outlined in the FAQ and stop going into panic mode because an order was placed on the 5th and it is already the 8th and they aren't delivered. If someone can't figure out how to buy coins from the instructions in the FAQ then shouldn't be buying coins.

Shut it down, please.
Old Feb 2, 11, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by dweick View Post
I'm with you, this thread hasn't served a useful purpose in a long-long time. Just the same repeated questions that are answered in the FAQ and people who want to share with the world that they just ordered some or just had some delivered or are still waiting for delivery or got a box weighing 13.8 lbs and should they panic or not. Is it that hard to simple follow the steps outlined in the FAQ and stop going into panic mode because an order was placed on the 5th and it is already the 8th and they aren't delivered. If someone can't figure out how to buy coins from the instructions in the FAQ then shouldn't be buying coins.

Shut it down, please.
The next two weeks of on topic posts will just be on the delayed shipping times. The only new thing that has happened to me since the 10 day limit was having multiple orders show up on one account with the same name and address with only being logged on for one of the orders. Both orders had the same name and address, but everything else was different. Anyone else have this happen?
Old Feb 3, 11, 12:24 am

The next two weeks of on topic posts will just be on the delayed shipping times. The only new thing that has happened to me since the 10 day limit was having multiple orders show up on one account with the same name and address with only being logged on for one of the orders. Both orders had the same name and address, but everything else was different. Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by KhalilSheikh; Feb 3, 11 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 3, 11, 5:30 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Ok I read the FAQ's but I still have a question.

My amex showed the pending auth for $1k.

The order tracker showed this:

JAMES MADISON $250 BOX $1 COINS 4 $250.00 $1,000.00
In stock and reserved

It has shown this for several days now. The FAQ says it should ship within a day or two.

The pending auth dropped from my amex. My amex has not been charged.

I think I will call into the Mint.

Is this typical?
Old Feb 3, 11, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton View Post
Ok I read the FAQ's but I still have a question.

My amex showed the pending auth for $1k.

The order tracker showed this:

JAMES MADISON $250 BOX $1 COINS 4 $250.00 $1,000.00
In stock and reserved

It has shown this for several days now. The FAQ says it should ship within a day or two.

The pending auth dropped from my amex. My amex has not been charged.

I think I will call into the Mint.

Is this typical?
This is normal. I would not call the mint.
Old Feb 3, 11, 5:51 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by ntjane66 View Post
This is normal. I would not call the mint.
hope you r a big lurker and a mint pro and not just bs'ing....

thanks regardless!
Old Feb 3, 11, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: American 1 Million + Miles, Hilton HHonors Diamond, RCCL Diamond Plus
Thumbs down

Call the mint, maybe they'll get their act together. This on hold crap for more than 1 week is crazy.
Old Feb 3, 11, 6:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

thanks regardless!
What about if I suggest you to read THIS thread and find your answer? Although your question is not asked frequently, it has been asked and answered many times still, while the last time was not too long ago. Why doubt the answer of a helpful FTer?

As a fairly old timer with the shinny little coins, I will say what you see IS typical and happens from time to time especially given the shipping delay we are encountering. As long as your order is still in process, you are fine even though the credit card authorization drops. Once the order ships, the credit card charge would just show up.

FYI, I have an order from 1/22 and is still in process, too.
Old Feb 3, 11, 6:55 am

thanks regardless!
Yea, I guess I am a "big lurker". I have been doing this program since the days of "no limit". I have found that whenever possible, "stay under the radar". People who have been successful with this program have been able to adapt
as the program changes. There is no best way to do this program since it is impacted by the cards we have and the jurisdiction we live in. Different cities have different banks. You have to willing to play the game at hand and be flexible. I try to repect the people I am dealing with at the banks, mint and shipping companies with respect. They are the ones helping me reach my goals.
Old Feb 3, 11, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
What about if I suggest you to read THIS thread and find your answer?
Although your question is not asked frequently, it has been asked and answered many times still, while the last time was not too long ago. Why doubt the answer of a helpful FTer?

As a fairly old timer with the shinny little coins, I will say what you see IS typical and happens from time to time especially given the shipping delay we are encountering. As long as your order is still in process, you are fine even though the credit card authorization drops. Once the order ships, the credit card charge would just show up.

FYI, I have an order from 1/22 and is still in process, too.
Thanks for your assistance

Search this Thread
Search Engine: