Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Hmm... interesting that you have no problem telling people when a thread should be closed to preserve a deal, but have trouble when it's turned around on you. If you want a thread to stay open you should justify it, losing your favorite chat room should not be a good reason for keeping it open.
but astro.
this deal will not die because I talked about getting coins in a snow storm.
this deal will not suffer because I posted a little diddy that some might get a chuckle out of (some may not care to read it too, and so be it)

this deal will not die because none of my posts, this last story one included, have promoted me earning something extra, exposed any major nuances or hidden specialties of the offer, or exposed any loopholes beyond ordering of coins in themselves that should be otherwise harder to find by less savvy lurkers.

You posted about a week ago that I learned of things in Ft because I am active in here--like suntrust, amex GCs, and coins.

While this is partly true--and I stress partly (remember, I too have a network of people I talk to NOT in FT)--I also must add that I did not abuse what I learned and blabber it so loudly that it could in fact jeopardize the very thing itself. Remember my friend, there still are very many people who would now be earning AMEX GC coin miles and BC credits if you had kept more quiet. And even if your doings were not the reason that avenue died, people think it's you and you do nothing to show them otherwise but pass blame.

Now, my post here had little to do with coins themselves up until now and for that, readers, I am very sorry.

I can say that I have noticed more and more rolls being wrapped in the gold and black us mint paper. It seems easier to take off the roll if you do use a coin machine.

there.
done.
next?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I have a novel idea - if you don't like it, stop reading it! I'll take a personal blog or chat room over a whine cellar any time.
agreed
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I have a novel idea - if you don't like it, stop reading it! I'll take a personal blog or chat room over a whine cellar any time.
Originally Posted by aviators99
Please bring this thread back on topic. Discussion of action by your *volunteer* moderators is against the guidelines, as are personal attacks. If there's nothing more to discuss about this deal, the thread will be closed.
Just asking.. what more about this deal is there to discuss?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
but astro.
I also must add that I did not abuse what I learned
Yet, you are no longer able to bring in your coins to a certain chain of banks are you not?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by mrpickles
This thread needs to be closed. It is turning into a personal blog and nothing more.
WOW now there is the pot calling the kettle black!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mrpickles
This thread needs to be closed. It is turning into a personal blog and nothing more.
Regardless of position, most will agree that there is way more than a healthy dose of irony in the above.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:38 pm

Hahaha..you truly are a brave man ..I've not driven my car in last two days ...shoveled for about 2 1/2 hours to dig two cars out of about 1 1/2 foot of snow...

since mint is so slow from last 10 days, I've not received any coins recently.

Earlier today I did one thing using my car and one thing only. I drove in the slushy roads to the USPS in my town a mile away to collect an order of coins. Because of the snow storms, the governor had declared a state of emergency and everything was closed here today except a few businesses and banks. But those coins were important enough to risk sliding into some snow bank. lol

Also, from the several snow storms in our area in Jan, we had about 3.5 feet on the ground before the double storm that hit yesterday and into today, bringing the depth of the snow out in the back yard up to well over 4 feet. I shoveled and also had time to make paths for my kids to walk around the yard (they are not yet 4 feet tall) and then came in to order some coins as they played outside. But I looked outside and saw my neighbor struggling to shovel up some of the wet and heavier snow away from her car so I decided to go out and help her. The point of this is that I actually did NOT complete my coin order until later and I closed my browser to do something else. Can you believe it?

I figured you would all enjoy this snowy story of priorities and how I actually STOPPED placing an order of coins just to shovel snow. If you did not, just skip it. But if you did, I would love to hear other coins-over-other-priorities stories from others out there.

MM
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yet, you are no longer able to bring in your coins to a certain chain of banks are you not?
Well, I see you have only part of the facts. Allow me to explain:

You see, there are 2 branches of BofA in my immediate area that do not necessarily like the coins in the same ways all other banks I/we bring them to might. There are, however, several other banks & bofAs I visit that do not mind them at all but I rarely use the bank for coins anymore.

I do not think my bringing in coins abused this mint thread, FT, you, or any other poster in here.

As for Bofa, one branch near me said I could bring them in but their truck will want to charge me a fee, although this could never be verified by that branch or by any others I ever spoke to in the entire bofa network.

The other branch said I could bring them in but they need to be bagged in special BofA zip locks with my acct number on them. This practice, as another poster mentioned I think last month, doesn't always work out because the bank tends to weigh the contents not count them and this could change the amount. In fact I believe I read his very post on the subject the day that branch had me make my first bag so I didnt know about the problem until I had already made my deposit. Until then, if this practice were performed, the teller would have done it and thus, the deposit was not ever going to be off by my doing, so they would essentially have to credit me the amount I presented in rolls (or so we all tend to believe is the case).

Now, with the self bag method where one has to present the bag to the teller and tell them it's say $1,000, one could be faced with a new problem: months later, one could find their acct shorted by strange amounts (I believe that poster was told he was off by Xhundred dollars and cents even though he never put in cents, just dollar coins).

It was at this exact time I stopped visiting those two branches. All other bofAs I have bothered to bring them to have taken the rolls, counted them and had no issues with it. I have visited 4 separate bofA branches --each once--and do not plan to visit them again as I was on business elsewhere in my state, far from home, when I did so.

Originally Posted by mshah
Hahaha..you truly are a brave man ..I've not driven my car in last two days ...shoveled for about 2 1/2 hours to dig two cars out of about 1 1/2 foot of snow...

since mint is so slow from last 10 days, I've not received any coins recently.
so it's a good thing the mint was slow then! lol.
I figure the shoveling of the wetter snow later in the day was merely meant to be practice for lifting backlogged boxes at the USPS when they finally arrive
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Hmmmm....

Dunno if I like the sound of this. Everything since the 18th is rotting "on hold" or "in process" over here. Slow or an AMEX GC'd opportunity?

"since mint is so slow from last 10 days, I've not received any coins recently."
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Hmmmm....

Dunno if I like the sound of this. Everything since the 18th is rotting "on hold" or "in process" over here. Slow or an AMEX GC'd opportunity?

"since mint is so slow from last 10 days, I've not received any coins recently."
My 1/21 order took a while to process, but I finally received the coins. Perhaps they ran out of the ones that your ordered?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
My 1/21 order took a while to process, but I finally received the coins. Perhaps they ran out of the ones that your ordered?
Yes, I think that might be the case. I blame Marathon Man for his multiple orders and bragging about it in an open forum that we allllll know the Mint is monitoring!! Your greed of ordering too many coins and putting it on full blast is killing this deal!!!

See.. I can be part of your small group too! haha
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Hmmmm....

my 1/26 orders were delivered yesterday
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I think that might be the case. I blame Marathon Man for his multiple orders and bragging about it in an open forum that we allllll know the Mint is monitoring!! Your greed of ordering too many coins and putting it on full blast is killing this deal!!!

See.. I can be part of your small group too! haha
show me my multiple orders and bragging about it in the open forum.
I will show you 100 more people doing much more.

I see you are reachin'

Now, if what astro just claimed about me isnt meant to be a personal attack, I dunno what is. I just wonder if the MOD is looking at this time?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmmm....

all orders seem slow this past week or so.

my 1/21 order shipped yesterday after being stuck on process for ever.

a friend's 1/28 order went to process yesterday and a second friend reported the same thing on a 1/28 order.

this might prove useful information to others with orders from those dates.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:07 pm

show me my multiple orders and bragging about it in the open forum.
I am thinking about doing it with 18k I expect to pick up at the PO tomorrow.
I'm sure I could find more. Point being that you've been one of the few that are constantly bringing up that people should not be putting deals on full blast and rubbing it in the faces of the companies that can shut it down. I'm just pointing out that you are going against your own advice with a tongue and cheek joke. I apologize if you took it as an attack.

You are suggesting that you are not abusing the deals you learn of, but you then post how you are ordering $10k plus gift cards and $18k in coins... which is going over the limits and putting that on "blast".

Back on topic... Is there any need to keep the thread open if there is no new information putting put forward? Or is order/ship times enough to keep this going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.