Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by steve32
Even the Mint isn't stupid enough to think that they can get commercial operations to use them routinely, as the cash/coin trays in the cash registers are not configured for it, nor will they be in the near future.
FWIW, a lot of the places I've been spending them do have the extra coin bucket in the tray. More often than not it is filled with spare rolls of other coins. Certainly not all trays are this way, but many are.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: AA/Delta/Hilton
Turn around for me has been about 4 weeks.
I can't wait to get Nixon in 2016! The things I'll do to those coins....
The mint should focus on getting rid of the penny. It's made at a loss and waste of material.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Happy
Please give us the story of why Everything is cleared - so it may help others who may have similar issue(s).
I got on the phone with the accounting department. They needed another copy of the "Certificate of Non-Receipt." I faxed it in.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:28 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I just received my third $500 shipment at my P.O. Box yesterday. After some earlier issues were reported, I'm happy to say that I have had no problems with P.O. Box delivery. I feel it's the safest way, after having two boxes left on my doorstep. They ship Registered Priority Mail, so a signature is required at the P.O. which is no problem. It definitely seems more secure than the home delivery.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
JonathanIT....I like your Oceanic Gold reference in your signature

Just went online today to order another batch. Pickings are really slim right now. Just 4 available and the Martin Van Burens have been out over a month now. How long does it take to make it to the circulation package?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Return Slip & Label

Anyone else find it sort of ironic that there is a return slip included on the packing slip? I'm guessing its the same generic packing slip sent out for all US Mint orders, (Presidential coins & otherwise...) & that other orders might have legitimate reasons for return, but the notion of someone actually sending back $1 coins that cost them $1 is comical to me. Why not walk them down the street to the Bank?

Has anyone here on FlyerTalk ever done such a thing & what was your logic? It's like, "uhm, well I really couldn't afford them right now, & I didn't want the burden of the Frequent Flier miles so I'm having the mint refund the money on my credit card." or maybe, "I really wanted the VanBurrens & they sent me the Jacksons instead. Grrrr. So ya I'll be sending them back to the Mint."

haha
Old Dec 20, 2008, 6:41 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by terockwo
Anyone else find it sort of ironic that there is a return slip included on the packing slip? I'm guessing its the same generic packing slip sent out for all US Mint orders, (Presidential coins & otherwise...) & that other orders might have legitimate reasons for return, but the notion of someone actually sending back $1 coins that cost them $1 is comical to me. Why not walk them down the street to the Bank?

Has anyone here on FlyerTalk ever done such a thing & what was your logic? It's like, "uhm, well I really couldn't afford them right now, & I didn't want the burden of the Frequent Flier miles so I'm having the mint refund the money on my credit card." or maybe, "I really wanted the VanBurrens & they sent me the Jacksons instead. Grrrr. So ya I'll be sending them back to the Mint."

haha
"A dollar is just not worth what it used to be, so please refund me for these dollars."
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by terockwo
Has anyone here on FlyerTalk ever done such a thing & what was your logic?
I haven't returned any of mine, but a valid reason to do so would be if the buyer wanted to hold onto the mint-rolls of coins (unopened and intact) for collecting purposes, and the roll paper was torn or broken.

I have returned other products to the mint in the past due to damaged plastic, damaged packaging, and other similar reasons.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by joediver

Just 4 available and the Martin Van Burens have been out over a month now. How long does it take to make it to the circulation package?
Perhaps soon. I noticed a new "blank" item on the page today that is listed without details or photo and identified as "Product not available". I am guessing they are getting this set for the Van Buren offering. We shall see.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Or the MetroCard machines in NYC.

They used to have those gold dollars -much cooler.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by broog
They used to have those gold dollars -much cooler.
Umm...these are gold dollars. They used to have the Sacajawea ones and have switched to the presidents now. No difference, really.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
Originally Posted by Happy
I am talking about John Adams. I dont think I have ever seen John Quincy Adams available, it is always out of stock, same as Monroe.
It means I once hit a jack pot; I ordered $500 John Quincy Adams when I saw it was available to place an order. I will bring some to Vegas tomorrow, so that I don't need buy in using $20 notes on the blackjack or craps table.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:46 am

I am having a nightmare because of this deal. Items not delivered. Don't even show as shipped. All they did was generate the billing info.

UPS admits that I didn't get them. No claim filed with UPS. I had to initiate the trace because US mint refused to.

They are threatening me with collections because I did a charge back and quoting me the Debt Collection Act of 1982.
What a freaking nightmare.

If anyone hears of an authority to go to over this please let me know.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bandito
If anyone hears of an authority to go to over this please let me know.
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...rectors_office

Are you sure they were shipped UPS? Online I have three tracking numbers, one of them UPS, even for an order that arrived via USPS.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...rectors_office

Are you sure they were shipped UPS? Online I have three tracking numbers, one of them UPS, even for an order that arrived via USPS.
You bring up an interesting point. This was ordered months ago. To be delivered to a PO box. Tracking number via UPS. Billing information received is the notation.
Coins never showed up.

They refused to look into it before 30 days was up so I did a charge back because I was going out of of the country. What has happened from there has been a nightmare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.