Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jan 27, 11, 10:52 am

Great tip anthonyanthony Thanks! I'm going to look into this. Sounds good.
Old Jan 27, 11, 10:57 am

Programs: Starwood
from my orders on 1/21:

2 in process yesterday
2 in process today
Old Jan 27, 11, 11:00 am

Programs: Starwood
question about the 10 day limit

If I place an order today is the next order date a week from Sunday or a week from Monday? Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 27, 11, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by longtimereader View Post
If I place an order today is the next order date a week from Sunday or a week from Monday? Thanks for any help.
Feb 5th should work..
Old Jan 27, 11, 11:41 am

My orders from 1/21-1/23 are in process now, except for one from 1/21.

Update: 2 orders from 1/24 are now in process, but the one from 1/21 still on hold.

Last edited by friedice; Jan 27, 11 at 1:51 pm
Old Jan 27, 11, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveJack View Post
What do you mean by "brand new"?

AFAIK, all coins are Unc in mint rolled rolls. As for being new issues to the program, I believe Andrew Jackson is the newest one in the $Direct offerings, though the mint is up to Abraham Lincoln in the "collectable" rolls @ $35.95/roll.
New as in never been handled by people outside the mint. Based on my understanding, the mint can't make coins from prior years. So I don't understand how coins like GW can be out of stock and then in stock without them circulating back to the mint.
Old Jan 27, 11, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by needmomile View Post
So I don't understand how coins like GW can be out of stock and then in stock without them circulating back to the mint.
I suspect it's a transfer from storage.

The orders are fullfilled by a 3rd party, not the Mint. PBGS doesn't have the entire stock of GW coins on hand so at some point, they need to ship inmore from wherever the Mint stores them.

As for recirculation, do you think the Mint is sorting out the coins based upon design and rerolling them?
Old Jan 27, 11, 1:41 pm

In process, still............

My order from 1/23 has been "in process" for 2 days. Today, at least, the little "cancel order" check box is gone.

Just waiting for a tracking number now..........
Old Jan 27, 11, 1:54 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
I suspect it's a transfer from storage.

The orders are fullfilled by a 3rd party, not the Mint. PBGS doesn't have the entire stock of GW coins on hand so at some point, they need to ship inmore from wherever the Mint stores them.

As for recirculation, do you think the Mint is sorting out the coins based upon design and rerolling them?
The coins don't recirculate through the Mint. They will end up at the Federal Reserve in storage. They only go back to the mint when damaged to be destroyed.
Old Jan 27, 11, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by benmaller View Post
The coins don't recirculate through the Mint. They will end up at the Federal Reserve in storage. They only go back to the mint when damaged to be destroyed.
Ok, true, but the point being there's likely nobody sorting them out for recirculation
Old Jan 27, 11, 2:19 pm

I am new to this so please pardon my stupid(?) question. I deposited $500 in coins at a local bank. The lady got a plastic bag and put all the 20 rolls in the plastic bag and put my name and account info on the outside..I casually asked and she said coins are all send to the vault and they have to bag them.. No issues or red flags here right?
Old Jan 27, 11, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
However you will not be able to do 36 turns a year due to inventories and random events at the mint. Figure more on the order of 29. Value ranges from 1:1 to 1:6. The higher end applies to ff tickets purchased near flight time where the alternative is pure highway robbery. My 9.1k of SWA was worth about $600 when caught stuck in PHX. Cashable rewards range 1:1 to 1:2. But it is alot of work to engage in metal recycling. Far easier to engage in plastic or paper recycling, although most paper recycling centers, like Plains Capital Bank, are out of commission. You might try plastic recycling with that 75k Citi AA card. Or debit card farming or regifting or payment reprocessing...
I've actually found I can order the coins every 7 days. Been doing that since September. No problems at all.

I have tried ordering 6 days, and had the order canceled, but 7 works consistently, for me.

I even have an account with them, and I can look at my order history, every 7 days.

I never requested an exemption to their 10 day rule (and clearly I don't since orders less than 7 days have been canceled due to the 10 day rule), but, have a theory on how 7 days can work.
Old Jan 27, 11, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by branman1986 View Post
I'm going to hell for this one...

Sit in the middle of one of the back pews during church and during the offering, swap out some of the bigger bills in the collection plate with coin rolls
Originally Posted by StrategyConsultant View Post
I tithed 20lbs of coins this week. Definitely got some odd looks..
Am I reading this right? a 20 LB donation? Considering that $1000 is 19.2 LBS... quite a tithe.
Old Jan 27, 11, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps View Post
I am new to this so please pardon my stupid(?) question. I deposited $500 in coins at a local bank. The lady got a plastic bag and put all the 20 rolls in the plastic bag and put my name and account info on the outside..I casually asked and she said coins are all send to the vault and they have to bag them.. No issues or red flags here right?
Clearly a red flag.

They intend to count the coins at some later date while you're not present, and very likely not even at the same location -- so they'll be handled by multiple parties. Then, if they find the count to be off the stated deposit amount, they'll debit your account. Considering the coins are still cash (quite untraceable), big red flag.

And let me guess... this is Bank of America, and somewhere on the west coast, right?

Search this thread. Bank of America has dinged a few of us here, and not insignificant amounts -- like 3% of the deposit amount. B of A also tried to do this counting a week later after accepting the deposit nonsense without informing me they were going to do so, and, they didn't even bag them in my presence.

I've recovered all money they debited from me, but, not because they would admit they have a stupid policy, but because they were 'doing me a favor'. Others were not so lucky. Thus I never go to B of A to make the deposit. Too much risk.
Old Jan 27, 11, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by thehawk75 View Post
Am I reading this right? a 20 LB donation? Considering that $1000 is 19.2 LBS... quite a tithe.
I hope he got a receipt for tax time

Search this Thread
Search Engine: