Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:35 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Also, the more money in your account, the less chance you have of being cut. If your rocking 2K vs an account member with 25K.. yea you get the point..
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Hmm visited a new branch yesterday... dropped off 200 in coins that I didn't use - forgot at home when I went to Hawaii... Wanted them for the farmers markets and such, - luckily I had a roll stashed away in a backpack

So when I dropped them off, an employee mentioned that someone else they know is ordering them from the mint and bringing them in amounts of $500 to 'build their credit' - I laughed due to the reason and the amount they were processing. Told them the person was earning rewards, and that I'd be back later with more
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:25 am

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Despite the 12,000,000 posts on this thread, I do not know if classic SNL fans have posted this one; then again I could be mistaken:

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/23828451
Is there a First CityWide Change Bank mileage rewards card? Can it be used for coin purchases or is it one of the ones that -- oh, wait . . . this is the part where I should go and read the sticky. D'OH!

Last edited by youreadyfreddie; Jan 23, 2011 at 2:08 am Reason: Typo! Changed "Back" to "Bank". Quelle horreur!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by cagalindo
Also, the more money in your account, the less chance you have of being cut. If your rocking 2K vs an account member with 25K.. yea you get the point..
Just imagine what you could get away with if you had $1.2M in a checking account. They would bend over.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by element7
What's current processing time for everyone? Placed order on 1/19, today is 1/21 and it's still processing..

PS. Just checked out Mrpickles Bigcrumbs profile and he's got CRAZY amount of people referred by him..He must be getting nice cash every month from BigCrumbs for doin nothing !!
Just lunch money, and if you were following me on twitter you would know exactly how many dollar coins I spent this week on lunch.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by mrpickles
Just lunch money, and if you were following me on twitter you would know exactly how many dollar coins I spent this week on lunch.
I guess 0 since you had BD vouchers?

What's your current range of coin deposits? 10-20k/week?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by beckoa
Hmm visited a new branch yesterday... dropped off 200 in coins that I didn't use - forgot at home when I went to Hawaii... Wanted them for the farmers markets and such, - luckily I had a roll stashed away in a backpack

So when I dropped them off, an employee mentioned that someone else they know is ordering them from the mint and bringing them in amounts of $500 to 'build their credit' - I laughed due to the reason and the amount they were processing. Told them the person was earning rewards, and that I'd be back later with more
Hmm not sure WHY you would offer up the reason! I might only tell if increasingly asked why, but I have made up reasons and avoided the miles one.

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Is there a First CityWide Change Back mileage rewards card? Can it be used for coin purchases or is it one of the ones that -- oh, wait . . . this is the part where I should go and read the sticky. D'OH!
Did they have mileage rewards in the 70s or whenever this was made? lol

Just imagine what you could get away with if you had $1.2M in a checking account. They would bend over.
1.2m in checking? heck I'd put that in a savings first of all.
Of course, if I had that in my checking, imagine what would be in my savings?

Then again, if I had that kind of money in a regular bank account, I would not really be making as much money as I could. Even if I did, I may still love deals and schemes and all, but I might not necessarily be bothering with coins anymore. Then again, we each have our own hobbies and for our own reasons.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:25 am

Hmm not sure WHY you would offer up the reason! I might only tell if increasingly asked why, but I have made up reasons and avoided the miles one.

Did they have mileage rewards in the 70s or whenever this was made? lol

Then again, if I had that kind of money in a regular bank account, I would not really be making as much money as I could. Even if I did, I may still love deals and schemes and all, but I might not necessarily be bothering with coins anymore. Then again, we each have our own hobbies and for our own reasons.
If you want to provide color commentary on posts maybe you should save us some reading and put it on a blog.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:57 am

I gave a homeless guy $2 the other day. Later I found out he had 2.1 million in the bank and he was whoring grocery gift cards to. I guess they all add up!!!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
If you want to provide color commentary on posts maybe you should save us some reading and put it on a blog.
Your attempt to bust on me fails here because those were short and to the point posts.

Nevertheless I have also always said that people have the choice as to whether or not they wish to read anything on here. Its only your own fault if you read mine then.

Enjoy
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QL_714
I gave a homeless guy $2 the other day. Later I found out he had 2.1 million in the bank and he was whoring grocery gift cards to. I guess they all add up!!!
Hey that guy was me...
Shhhhhh
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:02 am

Hey that guy was me...
Shhhhhh
Can I have my $2 back?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want my $2!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:03 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

if you were following me on twitter you would know exactly how many dollar coins I spent this week on lunch.
Sounds like compelling, must-read stuff.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by

It may be best, therefore, to follow the advice of another poster who suggested we crack and bag them at home while watching TV and then bring in our own $1,000 bags and just pour them in the machines at the bank.

IAHtraveler;15703654
Or find a bank that takes them rolled and in boxes.

But the UPS guy comes ~1030am and The Mint specifically prohibits "immediate deposit" into your bank account. So if I wait 'til 530PM, I'm trying to follow their rules
EXACTLY! ^ When my son takes them to a bank near school, they make him open the rolls and use the dreaded counter. At the same bank near my apartment they take the rolls intact. Every bank I've tried around here take them intact thankfully, though some of the tellers give me sour faces when I come in. I tend to avoid those.

My mom tried a TDBank and they wanted a $6 processing fee so she walked out and went to another bank across the street that happily took them intact and no charge. The game plan really seems to be you have to shop around and "share the wealth." Don't overstay your welcome and be prepared to have their attitude change at any time.

As for not depositing the coins immediately, the mint doesn't seem to specify what "immediate" means. Can I wait an hour, a day, a week???

Last edited by MojaveJack; Jan 22, 2011 at 11:30 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.