Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
deleted

Last edited by cordelli; Dec 23, 2010 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:50 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
I was going to say something about coin slot...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by cordelli
Yet another reason the dollar bill will probably never go away, too hard to tuck a coin in a g string.
Coins would turn "make it rain" into more like "make it hail"...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
I was going to say something about coin slot...
one could always consider that if coins take over in strip clubs, we would have sl*t machines --but I didn't really say that
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Haha, nice little dialogue we're having here... so glad my wife is not a member. I don't think she'd like the way the gentlemen's club banter has taken over this thread.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by chubbuni13
Haha, nice little dialogue we're having here... so glad my wife is not a member. I don't think she'd like the way the gentlemen's club banter has taken over this thread.
Some of you are such "Boobs"!
Don't worry guys, it's not something we ladies would not have been thinking ourselves!

JudyJFLA
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
the girls at the canadian ballet will probably be the MOST disappointed. they love the US$ bill as apposed to the looneys and tooneys....my guess is the standard of living for a canadian dancer is going up as the suckers start stuffing 5's in there
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Some of you are such "Boobs"!
Don't worry guys, it's not something we ladies would not have been thinking ourselves!

JudyJFLA
yeah but you gals post with much more class hehehe

oh on another 'note' what I might do in a strip club is not give dollars or coins, but rather, certificates with MILES on them
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
To slightly redirect the discussion I work for a church, and some church folks would love to see the elimination of the dollar bill, thinking that it might increase those who make "token contributions" when the offering plate passes. Anyway...here is a little "church offering humor"...

A 100 dollar bill, a 20 dollar bill, and a one dollar bill meet up at the shredder at the end of their lives.

The 100 says, "I've seen the whole world during my lifetime. Why, I've been on cruises in Caribbean, safaris in Africa, and vacations in Europe."

The 20 says, "Well, I've not done quite as well, but I have been to Atlantic City, Disneyland, and Starbucks." They both turn to the one dollar bill and ask, "How about you?"

The one, not wanting to be outdone, says, "I have been all across the USA...I've been from church to church to church..."

Then the 100 asked, "What's a church?"
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:02 am

Just a FYI for people bringing a lot to banks (but not a ton): your local grocery store cloth bags are perfect for $2K each
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by Watchful
To slightly redirect the discussion I work for a church, and some church folks would love to see the elimination of the dollar bill, thinking that it might increase those who make "token contributions" when the offering plate passes. Anyway...here is a little "church offering humor"...

A 100 dollar bill, a 20 dollar bill, and a one dollar bill meet up at the shredder at the end of their lives.

The 100 says, "I've seen the whole world during my lifetime. Why, I've been on cruises in Caribbean, safaris in Africa, and vacations in Europe."

The 20 says, "Well, I've not done quite as well, but I have been to Atlantic City, Disneyland, and Starbucks." They both turn to the one dollar bill and ask, "How about you?"

The one, not wanting to be outdone, says, "I have been all across the USA...I've been from church to church to church..."

Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Thanks. It appears to has some slight edge stamping...I think. Or it could be nicks from contact with other coins. I don't know what roll it was in but it's either a Jefferson, Adams, or Madison.

It looks like this (Not my auction)

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-P-Blank-Sac...item43a30c7540

Maybe I can sell it and make up for the occasional coin eaten by the counter machines

I just found one too! Mine is the same, both faces are smooth. There is a ridge, but there is no lettering on the edge (just scratches and dings). I don't think this one counts in the rare "lettered edge blank", it's basically just a blank that never made it through any minting process steps.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Originally Posted by Watchful

Ha! Our pastor used this EXACT joke this past week in kicking off our annual stewardship campaign.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Talking Tha New Dollar

Incorrect, that is new dollar that was issued with the image of the second President ever described as honest. Came out after the Lincoln dollar was minted.

Originally Posted by popot53
I just found one too! Mine is the same, both faces are smooth. There is a ridge, but there is no lettering on the edge (just scratches and dings). I don't think this one counts in the rare "lettered edge blank", it's basically just a blank that never made it through any minting process steps.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Incorrect, that is new dollar that was issued with the image of the second President ever described as honest. Came out after the Lincoln dollar was minted.
haha good one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.