Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The teller at Chase today just said "so you bought them and didn't need them" and I nodded. No problem.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by wtshef
I have not had a chance to jump on this yet so YMMV, but, you people might want to try using the PayPal credit card browser add-on, with a milage card linked to your paypal account, additionally, AVS according to my merchant account only reads the numbers of the address and the zip code, so the street name and such for the billing address could be anything.

Additionally you could always change your billing address to another address if you are linked up with online billing for a few purchases and then change it back to your normal address in case a new card or anything is going to be sent.
Have you tried the paypal approach?

If I understand it correctly. As far as the mint is concerned the only thing I need to fill in 'correctly' as far as billing address goes is the zip code and street number?

So billing address would go:
[real number] [fake street name]
city, state [real zip]

Shipping address of course would have to put everything real as you do actually do want the coins delivered to you after you've been charged.

This of course all assumes that the mint is checking billing addresses, but, I think they're actually more looking at the shipping addresses.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Most current order taking forever

Ordered on the 15th of October...

Shipped a while back now... via USPS... hope I get it before my statement is due in November
Got it just now

Shipped via USPS Registered Mail... on the 21st of October... arrived in ANC on the 4th of November, signature required.

Took 2 weeks in the mail... now to deposit the 1500 in coins (Well... I hold onto a few rolls to spend/save)

Just weighed it: 28 lbs 7 oz... very dense

Last edited by beckoa; Nov 4, 2008 at 4:53 pm Reason: Added weight information
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Got it just now

Shipped via USPS Registered Mail... on the 21st of October... arrived in ANC on the 4th of November, signature required.

Took 2 weeks in the mail... now to deposit the 1500 in coins (Well... I hold onto a few rolls to spend/save)

Just weighed it: 28 lbs 7 oz... very dense
Deposited @ Alaska USA tonight

Surprised to see so many coins (I saved $250 worth to keep/distribute) so had a total of $1250 deposited... They opened the sealed boxes and counted the number of rolls, and kept them rolled ^ Lugged them into Alaska USA inside my backpack too...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:13 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM

Surprised to see so many coins (I saved $250 worth to keep/distribute) so had a total of $1250 deposited... They opened the sealed boxes and counted the number of rolls, and kept them rolled ^ Lugged them into Alaska USA inside my backpack too...
Don't be ashamed to use the back pack... it's been useful to me. ^
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
just think, some day in the far future, they will make an Obama coin
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
just think, some day in the far future, they will make an Obama coin
Let's hope they don't get that chance. They only issue coins of dead presidents, and the current series is scheduled to run out of dead presidents in 2016. 2016 (or 2017 if a couple more ex-presidents kick the bucket in the meantime) would be too early for Obama and his daughters.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
Let's hope they don't get that chance. They only issue coins of dead presidents, and the current series is scheduled to run out of dead presidents in 2016. 2016 (or 2017 if a couple more ex-presidents kick the bucket in the meantime) would be too early for Obama and his daughters.
yeah true. maybe we will have to do this in like 2088 or something. --You know, where it's like 300,000 miles to fly domestic
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium

Thanks for posting a follow-up. That's where I'll be taking mine; glad to hear they accepted them w/o problem.

Last edited by AKronin; Nov 5, 2008 at 4:28 pm Reason: misspelling
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Don't be ashamed to use the back pack... it's been useful to me. ^
It just seems like it could be slightly suspicious - that's all... but its better then lugging in a large box.

Originally Posted by AKronin
Thanks for posting a follow-up. That's where I'll be taking mine; glad to hear they accepted them w/o problem.
They did wonder why I had so many They asked if I bought them somewhere... I did keep a couple to spend & save...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
I always just say that a friend owed me money and thought it would be funny to pay me in coins. Gets a laugh and have never had a problem
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Order placed Nov. 1 (Saturday), processed and shipped Nov. 4 (Tue), Delivered Nov. 6 (Thursday).

They're getting fast at processing.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
yeah true. maybe we will have to do this in like 2088 or something. --You know, where it's like 300,000 miles to fly domestic
That will be fine with me. I don't think I will trust the internet based teleporters.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:47 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Order placed Nov. 1 (Saturday), processed and shipped Nov. 4 (Tue), Delivered Nov. 6 (Thursday).

They're getting fast at processing.
Glad they're getting it running smoothly. Isn't it about time to release the next president?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Glad they're getting it running smoothly. Isn't it about time to release the next president?
Martin Van Buren is scheduled to be released November 13, 2008 -- less than a week from today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.